Page 14 of 364 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I tried that with the installer I had been using for all the other versions, but it is hard coded to not allow a total of all files greater than 2Gb.

Creating an installer with another software package ATM and if it works, will be able to upload the new version.
    This slowly is beginning to feel as agonizing as waiting for your political elite to agree on raising the depth ceiling.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Creating an installer with another software package ATM and if it works, will be able to upload the new version.
    any news is good news.
    man I think now I can understand crackheads waiting for a fix (not that I've ever did any kind of drugs...)
    I've got a 170+ Dwarves campaign that I'd like to continue playing, but I've waited the new version for so long...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Hi guys, just messing around a bit , with making new portraits. You like this one better then the old? When i'm a bit warmed up and it is liked, i will try to revamp most of the important ones.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Thanks HOTW

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

I have a working installer. :

The mod will be available for downloading in six hours, if nothing else goes wrong.
    Last edited by Stylix; December 24, 2013 at 02:35 PM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post

Hi guys, just messing around a bit , with making new portraits. You like this one better then the old? When i'm a bit warmed up and it is liked, i will try to revamp most of the important ones.
    Looks good.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I like it as well
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Here is another one..

I try to get the backgrounds, more in line with the persons aswell

EDIT:

Last edited by Hero of the West; December 24, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

Both look good mate and Merry Christmas to all
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, Cleaner.bat comes with MOS, so it works for MOS.
    It is not made for vanilla TATW. Even though, it won`t do harm, but it needs an Edit in it`s code so that it does not delete descr_geography_new file if a User doesn`t have issues with battles.
    Has something been done about this? I don't think anything has been posted on this yet, but I could have missed it. I wonder though how it could be made to only delete the descr_geography_new file in cases that the user does have an issue with battles.

Looks good to me so far. At first glance you are going for a more rugged, determined look. At least that is how I perceive it.
    I take it they are meant to replace the in game portraits of the generals/family members?
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 24, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Has something been done about this? I don't think anything has been posted on this yet, but I could have missed it. I wonder though how it could be made to only delete the descr_geography_new file in cases that the user does have an issue with battles.
    Usually, the battle problem in TATW was solved with disabling daylight savings setting, but, if that doesn't fix the battle issues, then we advise to delete BOTH descr_geography_new files. The release of Firefreak's new map demands deletion of just descr_geography_new.txt file, cause the other file contains map changes.

You can manually edit Cleaner.bat file and remove/ or add a code regarding deletion of these files. And then use it for vanilla TATW.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

MOS v1.6.2 RELEASED!

This seems almost anti-climatic at this point but the new release is ready to be downloaded and installed.

1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files) Also, the exe and the two bin files must be in the same folder or desktop or the installation will fail.
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA] If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path.
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

MOS v1.6.2.exe
    MOS v1.6.2-1a.bin
    MOS v1.6.2-1b.bin

Shortcut for MOS v1.6.2

Click on this for a torrent download

Sorry for the somewhat 'sketchy' installation method, but the file was too large to be contained in one exe and I just acquired the new installer program this morning and am unfamiliar with all the features.
    Should have have any questions or need assistance, please post in this thread and someone will provide assistance.

Here are a few options to make the installation easier should anyone encounter any problems.
    1. Navigate to the Third_Age_3 folder and right-click on the folder name. Select properties from the menu. In the General tab of the box, make sure that the read-only box in the attributes section is NOT checked. Click apply. This should remove the read-only status of the files.
    2. Log in as administrator of your system before attempting to install the mod or make sure that you have administrator rights in your user account.
    3. Move M2TW from the Program Files (x86) folder or reinstall in another location.

MOS v1.6.2 is a full install version and does not require any previous versions of the mod to be installed.
    There will not be a patch version from MOS v1.6.1 to MOS v1.6.2, the full install is the only installation method.
    MOS v1.6.2 can be installed over any existing versions of MOS.

To create a new shortcut:
    You can download the shortcut from MEGA and place it on your desktop.
    The shortcut is created in the Third_Age_3 folder and can be moved to the desktop.
    You can create your own shortcut by right-clicking on the Third_Age_3 folder and selecting the create shortcut option from the pop-up menu.

After placing the shortcut on the desktop, right-click the icon and select properties from the menu.
    When the properties box appears select the short cut tab. Within this tab you can change the target value ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\Third Age.bat"] and the Start in: value ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"].
    Finally select the change icon... button at the bottom of the box and browse to the Third_Age_3 folder.
    Select the MOS.ico file and press OK and then Apply from the box options.

Bug Fix #1 (26 Dec 2013)
    Attached at bottom of this post.
    After installing the main version of the release, download the rar file attached at the bottom of this post, extract it to your desktop and the run the exe file following the instructions located within the installer.
    This is not save game compatible.

Bug Fix #2 (30 Dec 2013)
    This fixes the invisible forts, incorrect building icons for some Rohan structures and the Orc rally button for Generals as well as the war horn sound associated with this button.

Download the file from the link below:
    MOS v1.6.2 bug fix #2

1. Run the installer, modifying the destination path as required.
    a. If you use the installer a DOS box will appear when exiting the installer.
    b. Should you elect to install the bug fix to your desktop and then copy the files to the corresponding folders in your installation, be sure to run the autodelete.bat file included with this fix.
    2. Wait for the batch file to complete and press any key when prompted to exit.
    3. Run Cleaner.bat

This bug fix should be save game compatible.

Bug fix #3 (25 Jan 2014)

The objective of this small fix is to correct multiple units of the same type appearing in the recruitment buildings when the icon is accessed.
    This allowed more than the intended number units to be recruited in a given settlement.
    This fix should eliminate this event from occurring.

Download the attached export_descr_buildings.rar file and extract it in your installation folder within the data folder.
    It will replace the existing export_descr_buildings.txt file.
    This fix should be save game compatible, but please make a backup of your original file first.

Spoiler for MOS v1.6.2 change log
    Change Log for v1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen, Dale Woodsmen, Riddermark Skirmishers (Mercs)
    - Fixed missing voices for Rohan Volunteers, Éored Horsearchers (Mercs), Riddermark Skirmishers and Blackroot Vale Volunteers
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - All custom settlements prevented from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement attributes
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor
    - Added Bucklebury settlement to Shire autonomy script
    - Increased number of elves in the Elven Rangers SAUS unit
    - Adjusted armour values for some Rhudaur units
    - Fixed King of the Dead spawning as a general with no name and not being able to receive required ancillary to despawn
    - Army of the Dead now despawns after 4 victories instead of 6.
    - Updated Custom battles mini-mod (CG-Launcher.bat); custom generals can now be used in custom battles
    - Smials building provides a 2% Culture Increase bonus for FPoE and Arnor
    - Improved ancillaries and character trait descriptions by MIKE GOLF
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stylix; January 25, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah Bulk SMASH!!!!!

Good work brother!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

^ This

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Not sure if I missed it, but will there be a patch up version or do i need to download full mod again ?

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for all your work Stylix!

I keep getting a "Temporary error, retrying " half way the download and have to keep restarting
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; December 24, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Libertus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec. (links on page 14!!!)

I didn't see it in the change log, but are you considering adding El Bucles dwarven textures to MOS?

Civis

MOS v1.6.2 RELEASED!

This seems almost anti-climatic at this point but the new release is ready to be downloaded and installed.

1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files)
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA] If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path.
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

MOS v1.6.2.exe
    MOS v1.6.2-1a.bin
    MOS v1.6.2-1b.bin

Shortcut for MOS v1.6.2

Sorry for the somewhat 'sketchy' installation method, but the file was too large to be contained in one exe and I just acquired the new installer program this morning and am unfamiliar with all the features.
    Should have have any questions or need assistance, please post in this thread and someone will provide assistance.

Spoiler for MOS v1.6.2 change log
    Change Log for v1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen, Dale Woodsmen, Riddermark Skirmishers (Mercs)
    - Fixed missing voices for Rohan Volunteers, Éored Horsearchers (Mercs), Riddermark Skirmishers and Blackroot Vale Volunteers
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - All custom settlements prevented from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement attributes
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor
    - Added Bucklebury settlement to Shire autonomy script
    - Increased number of elves in the Elven Rangers SAUS unit
    - Adjusted armour values for some Rhudaur units
    - Fixed King of the Dead spawning as a general with no name and not being able to receive required ancillary to despawn
    - Army of the Dead now despawns after 4 victories instead of 6.
    - Updated Custom battles mini-mod (CG-Launcher.bat); custom generals can now be used in custom battles
    - Smials building provides a 2% Culture Increase bonus for FPoE and Arnor
    - Improved ancillaries and character trait descriptions by MIKE GOLF
    Great update and all, but how the do you install it? I followed the instructions to the best of my ability and nothing changed in my game.