Thread: Mac Divide and Conquer crashes on campaign start

Default Mac Divide and Conquer crashes on campaign start

I just installed DaC (0.52), and it launches fine, but once i try to start a campaign game (with any faction) it immediately crashes. It also crashes when i start try to launch a custom game. Any ideas on how to fix it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer crashes on campaign start

Ok i tried a solution of deleting the map.rwm file, but (i dont know if that is what caused it, or if it is something else, as said i havnt got the campaign to launch untill now) the UI and menu is screwed up, they are just blank white slates with some of the proper text present, and non of the pressable buttons are not there. Any ideas?

I have the Mac App Store version of the game

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2015-12-24 kl. 23.15.39.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	480.0 KB 
ID:	333711

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Mac Divide and Conquer crashes on campaign start

Damn, it's already a pain to find fixes for certain issues on windows. Not even sure if the devs or anyone without a mac can help you, since it's entirely different it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Damn, it's already a pain to find fixes for certain issues on windows. Not even sure if the devs or anyone without a mac can help you, since it's entirely different it seems.
    Since there is a massive influx of new MTW2 players now that it for the first time has been released for Mac, there is undoubtedly a lot of players which will have the same problem.
    Luckily, 99/100 times the fixes that work for Windows, work for Mac, and equally often Windows and Mac get the same bugs and errors. In the end the mods are made up of files that both windows and mac can read, and the "moddable" files (all the txt files, the .bin files etc) are the same.
    So if anyone on the top of their head can think of a reason why this is happening i would be super grateful.

I installed the game and am having no issues using the steam version on mac besides the most common crashes with custom settlements. Right now my Dunedain campaign is stuck because of it. Just make sure that the game is being started in the launcher, not by replacing one of the DLC. When I tried to replace a DLC is when it crashed for me.
    This is what you should put into your advanced options in Feral's launcher : --features.mod=mods/Third_Age_3