Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.walsh View Post
    Hi this has probably been answered many times but I don't want to look through the 300 pages trying to find it so can anyone tell me how to change the high elf armor back to gold? thanks
    look under here 1.6.2 Information & Links and scroll down
    @termaire the orc looters are normal
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

The links in the OP don't work, but I still host a set of the armour patches that does work.

Only for High Elves an Lorién elves:

Silver to golden armour for High and Lórien Elves

Silver to Golden armour for High Elves

Silver to Golden armour for Lórien Elves

Golden to (original) Silver armour for High and Lórien Elves.

Install these files by extracting them to your "Third_Age_3" folder or to the folder you may have renamed "Third_Age_3" to when using Steam (e.g. "americas").

AFAIK there have been no problems using these in MOS 1.7, but you might want to back up these 3 folders before using the patches if the "Golden to (Original) Silver armour for High and Lorién Elves" fails:

\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_models\_units\high_elves\textures

\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_models\_units\my_units\textures

\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_sprites

Patches made by dIRECT0R and Veteraan.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 05, 2016 at 03:31 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hoping for some help. I can't seem to get 1.7, or for that matter and version of mos to work since 1.4. I am installing the same way that is directed in the instructions and the game manages to load just fine. However, during battles I have out of place music and weird sounds. For example when I order a unit to attack there is no sound confirming that order. There is no sound general battle noise like arrows hitting the units, unit collisions ect. This is generally the best version I can get, as sometimes the game crashes as soon as I enter a battle.
    Am I meant to have previous versions of mos? And if so, which versions?
    I have windows 10 and non steam medieval 2 total war. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Papadda View Post
    Hoping for some help. I can't seem to get 1.7, or for that matter and version of mos to work since 1.4. I am installing the same way that is directed in the instructions and the game manages to load just fine. However, during battles I have out of place music and weird sounds. For example when I order a unit to attack there is no sound confirming that order. There is no sound general battle noise like arrows hitting the units, unit collisions ect. This is generally the best version I can get, as sometimes the game crashes as soon as I enter a battle.
    Am I meant to have previous versions of mos? And if so, which versions?
    I have windows 10 and non steam medieval 2 total war. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    you need 1.7 only

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Hi guys

I got a message that the one ring was in Isengard, i took Isengard after that. Thats been 12 turns ago... Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by temaire View Post
    I'm currently on turn 11 of a Gondor campaign playing version 1.7. I walked one of my diplomats into the Mountains of Moria region for the first time, which triggered the Moria cutscene. Right after that, I besieged Annulond, which is a rebel settlement. On the siege menu, I added a ram to the build queue and then clicked maintain siege. I immediately got the Balrog Resurrected cutscene. Is this normal? I thought this would only happen if you attacked Moria. Another interesting point is that Annulond has two orc looter troops instead of bandits.
    was this after you ended turn ? It could just me a script error or that the elves of Lorien have laid siege to Moria

Quote Originally Posted by nonverba View Post
    Hi guys

I got a message that the one ring was in Isengard, i took Isengard after that. Thats been 12 turns ago... Now what?
    Sorry for the double post, did you actually obtain the one ring? Look at your generals ancillaries I think it is to see if it's there, if you're good (I'm guessing you are) you need to fight your way into mordor and to mount doom where your general will destroy the ring and wipe mordor off the map but beware the ring may corrupt your general !

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_simpson View Post
    Sorry for the double post, did you actually obtain the one ring? Look at your generals ancillaries I think it is to see if it's there, if you're good (I'm guessing you are) you need to fight your way into mordor and to mount doom where your general will destroy the ring and wipe mordor off the map but beware the ring may corrupt your general !
    Hi! Yeah im playing as gondor. The general who took the settelment does not have te ancillaries. I was at Isengard when i got the popup that the ring was there, so between the popup and me taking the settlement was only two turns. Maybe the ring was gone again?

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_simpson View Post
    was this after you ended turn ? It could just me a script error or that the elves of Lorien have laid siege to Moria
    This all happened during my 11th turn. I haven't ended the turn yet.

I think you're right about it happening because of Lorien laying siege to Moria. They are one of my allies and from my diplomat's line of sight, I saw a Lorien army traveling in the direction of Moria.

Thanks for the help.

Hi! Yeah im playing as gondor. The general who took the settelment does not have te ancillaries. I was at Isengard when i got the popup that the ring was there, so between the popup and me taking the settlement was only two turns. Maybe the ring was gone again?
    Hmm I've only ever actually captured the ring as evil factions so I'm not entirely sure why you didn't obtain the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    you need 1.7 only
    How can I fix my sound issues then? I have tried installing 1.7 only and still experience those issues I mentioned.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

How can I fix my sound issues then? I have tried installing 1.7 only and still experience those issues I mentioned.
    Sound issues have been posted about before. Most likely cause based what was reported is a corrupt download. This is why I hosted a complete sounds folder and a Music.dat file. The download links are in the First post in the MOS 1.7 download and install instructions section.

In your case downloading the sounds folder is probably the best thing to try. Extract the rar file, copy the sounds folder and paste it over the existing one. Replace all files when asked. In a typical install the sounds folder can be found here:

\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\sounds

It is not guaranteed to work of course, but it certainly worth a try.
    Perhaps your general already had the maximum number of ancillaries allowed (which is 8). IIRC in that case a new ancillary cannot be added.
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 31, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Okay, i'm back with some more experience.
    (I was the one crashing in Erebor).
    I do NOT only crash in Erebor. I crash in Dale aswell. Generally it looks like i can't run Real Time Battles in big cities.. I either crash during the loading of the map or during the first 2 minutes of the fight (the fight is super laggy).
    Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this?
    I have a Geforce GT 740M graphic card. I believe it should be fine

Love
    Me

I have some questions:
    - I'm playing Eriador and trying to do Aragorn's quest. However, after "Searching for Gollum" with Aragorn I forgot what is the next mission. If anyone has a list of these mission that would be very halepful
    - Do you have to do all Aragorn's quest before reuniting Arnor?

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Sound issues have been posted about before. Most likely cause based what was reported is a corrupt download. This is why I hosted a complete sounds folder and a Music.dat file. The download links are in the First post in the MOS 1.7 download and install instructions section.

In your case downloading the sounds folder is probably the best thing to try. Extract the rar file, copy the sounds folder and paste it over the existing one. Replace all files when asked. In a typical install the sounds folder can be found here:

Perhaps your general already had the maximum number of ancillaries allowed (which is 8). IIRC in that case a new ancillary cannot be added.
    Okay I'm having some serious trouble now. I've been trying a clean install and now the mod won't even run, all I get is that it encountered an unexpected error and will now close. All I am doing is extracting the 1.7rar into the mods folder of Medieval II, running the cleaner.bat file as administrator (which shows numerous '"cannot find the specified file" lines) and then I run the game, which results in the crash every time.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by terranghost View Post
    I have some questions:
    - I'm playing Eriador and trying to do Aragorn's quest. However, after "Searching for Gollum" with Aragorn I forgot what is the next mission. If anyone has a list of these mission that would be very halepful
    2 no

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but even with the sounds patch I still have sound issues, the exact same as before. Any further suggestions?

Citizen

I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but even with the sounds patch I still have sound issues, the exact same as before. Any further suggestions?
    try updating your sound driver
    greetings atthias

Quote Originally Posted by terranghost View Post
    I have some questions:
    the quest is essentially to get army of the dead, after going to the hills of rhuduar you need to go back to bree to meet up with gandalf again if you haven't done that

Can someone please show me how to install it properly? I've done everything i can