Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

does the new patch fix silvan elves faction? havent gone more then 70-80 turns with them since major battles crash most of the times. not fun autoresolving

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by liburn View Post
    does the new patch fix silvan elves faction? havent gone more then 70-80 turns with them since major battles crash most of the times. not fun autoresolving
    try running the cleaner bat in you third age 3 folder
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Forum messing with me, sorry.
    Last edited by Macilrille; December 22, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    @ KaiserWilhelm
    It's a bug.

@ Caliedhe
    See above.

-----------
    You complain in MOS thread on that other people don't update their submods?
    And I assume you speak about the Reunited Kingdom, not reunification of Arnor...

Now cheer up, you make it sound as if MOS opened your computer and peed on your hard drive.
    Hum, I guess the comment did sound more like a complaint, but it was not meant as such. It was more of a pity "awwwww". :p

Yes, "Reunited Kingdom". But not only, because 1.7 erased many paths thru rivers and mountains. Take Southern Eregion for example, it is not connected to Dunland anymore. And Southern Dunland is not connected to Enedwaith anymore, enabling a "never" squable between Northern Gondor and the Dunlendings. Plus the best units of Gondor are not recruitable or take 8 turns to do it... and you can't still play against wolves, spiders and ents without game crashing, forcing you to spend entire legions of your troops to autoresolve those encounters.
    Still, playing Rhun and Mordor is much more fun now, thank you

The only true complain being that 1.7 is completely unmatchable with the other addons, which are 1.62-able. Again, it's just a pity

But hey, the game does not crash at all, is stable and fun and great.

To Ngugi, Veteraan and and all those that help respond to people whining all the time about everything else, a big thanks on your disposition and have a great Christmas... if you like Norse Christmas trees or cookies and pastels. ^^ Cheers

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

It is good to read this.

In the end we simply can't please everybody. Every change we make will make some people happy and annoy others.

We received great ratings on Moddb after we hosted MOS 1.7 there. 31 votes, mostly tens and some nines. Vote number 32 was a three (given without providing any feedback of course).

I'm interested in your Ents, wolves an spiders crashing remark. AFAIK they crash for some people in every mod, I even started athread about it HERE. Nobody has been able to find what is causing it and not because lack of trying. I wouldn't mind at all being wrong about this though, so if there is a mod out there that does not crash on the units, I sure would like to know which one it is.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I was wondering? Is anyone else struggling with their dwarven campaigns? I have 3 different saves in total for dwarves, one was expanding west into the mountains and the other south east and halting rhun early on, now the main issue for me is my income as soon as I try fielding armies that number more than 1-2 stacks (which I had no problem with in my high elf campaign) and the fact that mordor calls an invasion around turn 120 on erabor resulting in 7 factions all piling round my city.

also an actual issue here, some battles just close due to an "unspecified error" which doesn't really help with me trying to defend haha

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Hi there! New to MOS, I started a Lorien campaign. I have a question regarding the Ents - namely how can I get them? In TATW, you hold Fangorn, give it autonomy and get a unit of Ents every 20 turns or so and they go home after 15-20 turns.

How does it work in MOS? I've noticed there are two Fangorn regions, one held by Isengard and one held be rebels, guarded by Treebeard general unit and an Ent unit? What am I supposed to do? Conquer it? Bribe it? Do I need both regions or just one? Can you recruit them or you simply get them like in TATW and they return home after a while?

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_simpson View Post
    I was wondering? Is anyone else struggling with their dwarven campaigns? I have 3 different saves in total for dwarves, one was expanding west into the mountains and the other south east and halting rhun early on, now the main issue for me is my income as soon as I try fielding armies that number more than 1-2 stacks (which I had no problem with in my high elf campaign) and the fact that mordor calls an invasion around turn 120 on erabor resulting in 7 factions all piling round my city.

also an actual issue here, some battles just close due to an "unspecified error" which doesn't really help with me trying to defend haha
    Well, we do know about it :p The fact that the dwarves have two different zones separated in the map, causes a lot of money lost to corruption. Be changing capitals doesn't help much because you still make it worse, but the East is definietly better having the capital there, it earns more money.

Your main issue is because the dwarven units are far more expensive then the elven ones, especially thru maintenance. Most Dwarven units costs AT LEAST 300 gb while the elven normal units cost 230-250 gb maintenance. And the fact that the dwarves can field very strong units very early but they don't have their Economy developed enough to actually handle those units maintenance.

Your struggle is "historically" because the Dwarves do struggle in Middle Earth. They are powerfull, but their cities are all but weakened and destroyed.

Without "Grapple Shot" from the Catapults as MOS version 1.62 had, I'm afraid you'll have to endure the invasion (the entrance to Erebor is quite small, just place your entire army defending that entrance and you can easely kill 3-5 enemy armies.

Last thing (uff... it's long), the error occurs, crashing your game, because there are too many armies in the game for your computer to hold. This game can only work in one Core, even if you have 4 Cores, so it will crash anyway.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Caliedhe View Post
    Well, we do know about it :p The fact that the dwarves have two different zones separated in the map, causes a lot of money lost to corruption. Be changing capitals doesn't help much because you still make it worse, but the East is definietly better having the capital there, it earns more money.

Your main issue is because the dwarven units are far more expensive then the elven ones, especially thru maintenance. Most Dwarven units costs AT LEAST 300 gb while the elven normal units cost 230-250 gb maintenance. And the fact that the dwarves can field very strong units very early but they don't have their Economy developed enough to actually handle those units maintenance.

Your struggle is "historically" because the Dwarves do struggle in Middle Earth. They are powerfull, but their cities are all but weakened and destroyed.

Without "Grapple Shot" from the Catapults as MOS version 1.62 had, I'm afraid you'll have to endure the invasion (the entrance to Erebor is quite small, just place your entire army defending that entrance and you can easely kill 3-5 enemy armies.

Last thing (uff... it's long), the error occurs, crashing your game, because there are too many armies in the game for your computer to hold. This game can only work in one Core, even if you have 4 Cores, so it will crash anyway.

Have fun

Yeah i noticed the large cost of the troops but it's just annoying when you've built up a fairly strong economy just to be in dire need of money after building a few armies haha and yeah I've noticed corruption is the main killer of my gold after upkeep too. Was slightly saddened when I realised grape shot was removed too haha.

the error appears even when doing small sieges sometimes, it happened with the settlement irerock I think it is that's north of erabor.

In any case dwarf campaign is on hold atm, just started a Lorien one which should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Hi there! New to MOS, I started a Lorien campaign. I have a question regarding the Ents - namely how can I get them? In TATW, you hold Fangorn, give it autonomy and get a unit of Ents every 20 turns or so and they go home after 15-20 turns.

How does it work in MOS? I've noticed there are two Fangorn regions, one held by Isengard and one held be rebels, guarded by Treebeard general unit and an Ent unit? What am I supposed to do? Conquer it? Bribe it? Do I need both regions or just one? Can you recruit them or you simply get them like in TATW and they return home after a while?
    im not sure how Lorien gets them but I know that the woodland realm can get them perminantky by reuniting the old woodland realm, which is a sub script

Hum, I might be mistaken, but not all Factions can field the Ents. If you are Rohan, yes, you hold Fangorn (don't know if you need both regions) and you get a "useless" tree (since they crash my game everytime since I upgraded to 1.7). But being Lorien I think it doesnt work.

It's like being High Elf and conquer all the Shire. The script in which Hobbits help you doesn't work for High Elves.

Have fun

looks like 1.62 is harder for the human player, both for good and evil factions.
    I've both versions installed, waiting for some balancing changes for coming 1.7x versions

im not sure how Lorien gets them but I know that the woodland realm can get them perminantky by reuniting the old woodland realm, which is a sub script
    How does that work? What do you need to do, besides starting as the woodland realm, I presume? And what do you get eventually, Ents as a normal, recruitable unit which stays with you indefinitely, can be retrained and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliedhe View Post
    Hum, I might be mistaken, but not all Factions can field the Ents. If you are Rohan, yes, you hold Fangorn (don't know if you need both regions) and you get a "useless" tree (since they crash my game everytime since I upgraded to 1.7). But being Lorien I think it doesnt work.

It's like being High Elf and conquer all the Shire. The script in which Hobbits help you doesn't work for High Elves.

Have fun
    So, you can't get Ents as Lorien? The Elvish faction most "in tune" with the forests? There is an Ent unit in both Woodland Realm and Lorien custom battle roster.

Which factions can get Ents, and if anyone knows what prerequisites are there, I'd REALLY like to know...

How does that work? What do you need to do, besides starting as the woodland realm, I presume? And what do you get eventually, Ents as a normal, recruitable unit which stays with you indefinitely, can be retrained and all?

So, you can't get Ents as Lorien? The Elvish faction most "in tune" with the forests? There is an Ent unit in both Woodland Realm and Lorien custom battle roster.

Which factions can get Ents, and if anyone knows what prerequisites are there, I'd REALLY like to know...

Thranduil will have an icon ancillary with what you need to recapture and build in certain settlements and yes, you can build a barracks of sort for ents and they stay, but as mentioned above there's been problems with ents etc in 1.7

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

As I wrote a few posts earlier, the Ents crash problem does not effect everyone and it certainly is not exclusive to MOS 1.7.

Again, see HERE for more info.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

HI,
    I'm trying to insert a unit from myth total war mod for private and learning purpose.
    I got some problems with the animations and skeletons, there are already some myth animations in mos 1.70, Are theresomething particular i must change in order to make them compatible with mos?
    I searching a solution with an expert:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14806468

Thranduil will have an icon ancillary with what you need to recapture and build in certain settlements and yes, you can build a barracks of sort for ents and they stay, but as mentioned above there's been problems with ents etc in 1.7
    Thanks.

Started a campaign as Woodland Realm, and I'm making good progress. I lack only Dol Guldur, Rhosgobel (?) and one other settlement.

The requirements I'm not clear about are a "Florester guild" in Dol Guldur. I assume the letter "L" is a typo and further assume it is supposed to be a Woodsman Guild as I haven't seen a Forester Guild in the game so far. The other requirement is a Great Dance Guild in Thranduil's Hall.

Those can't be built, I'm supposed to wait for the event, right? Is there anything I can do to increase the chance I get them? I know there was a building in TATW that didn't do anything else but increased the chance to get the Dance Guild, but I'm not sure if there's such a building in MOS. Also, does the rule of only one guild type per city applies here also?
    Last edited by Sarmatian; December 22, 2015 at 03:33 PM.

Brilliant sub-mod, really appreciate the time and effort it must've taken! Anyway, I was just wondering if the mod scrips such as Mordor's Call, Darkness of the East, Harad & rhun buffs etc were removed due to not being compatible in the 1.7 version or just simply for resource issue or something like that? Those mods were really interesting. Thanks

Thanks.

Started a campaign as Woodland Realm, and I'm making good progress. I lack only Dol Guldur, Rhosgobel (?) and one other settlement.

The requirements I'm not clear about are a "Florester guild" in Dol Guldur. I assume the letter "L" is a typo and further assume it is supposed to be a Woodsman Guild as I haven't seen a Forester Guild in the game so far. The other requirement is a Great Dance Guild in Thranduil's Hall.

Those can't be built, I'm supposed to wait for the event, right? Is there anything I can do to increase the chance I get them? I know there was a building in TATW that didn't do anything else but increased the chance to get the Dance Guild, but I'm not sure if there's such a building in MOS. Also, does the rule of only one guild type per city applies here also?

Nice, love playing elven campaigns and no it's a special building you can build in dol guldur I believe (may require a higher level settlement)

edit: just remembered both require dol guldur and thranduils hall as huge settlements aswell
    Last edited by ellis_simpson; December 22, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m040160k View Post
    Brilliant sub-mod, really appreciate the time and effort it must've taken! Anyway, I was just wondering if the mod scrips such as Mordor's Call, Darkness of the East, Harad & rhun buffs etc were removed due to not being compatible in the 1.7 version or just simply for resource issue or something like that? Those mods were really interesting. Thanks

Mordors call and any other buff scripts like that should be there still if I remember correctly, definitely the one that buffs all the evil factions is still there I know that, there's also the mysterious documents which gives rhun and isengard a small stack of OP special units that can only be retrained and there's the corsair invasions script too