Page 360 of 364 FirstFirst ... 260310335350351352353354355356357358359360361362363364 LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Hello!

I have a problem. I have tried a vanilla version of TATW 3.2 without any issues. My problem is that the game works completley fine until I am about to enter a battle. As soon as the loading screen is done the game crashes to desktop. I have uninstalled both TATW and MoS several times without any success, I have also tried the clock thingy and this also doesnt help. I am running a non steam version of the game and it is a original copy. I am all out of clues on how to fix this since I would love to play this fantastic mod once more. So I hope there is someone here that can help me. Oh and also, I am running Windows 7 x64 btw.

Cheers

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Nilte View Post
    Hello!

I have a problem. I have tried a vanilla version of TATW 3.2 without any issues. My problem is that the game works completley fine until I am about to enter a battle. As soon as the loading screen is done the game crashes to desktop. I have uninstalled both TATW and MoS several times without any success, I have also tried the clock thingy and this also doesnt help. I am running a non steam version of the game and it is a original copy. I am all out of clues on how to fix this since I would love to play this fantastic mod once more. So I hope there is someone here that can help me. Oh and also, I am running Windows 7 x64 btw.

Cheers
    try running the cleaner in your third age 3 folder
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Oh thank you so much! It did the work. Game is running smoothly now

Citizen

Oh thank you so much! It did the work. Game is running smoothly now
    glad I could help

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by dylandreiling View Post
    Would you happen to know a good way to install rar on Mac then? I can't seem to get any application to replace existing files
    If you have trouble opening rar files on your Mac, then use on of these solutions:http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Rar-Files-on-Mac-OS-X
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, my previous message was obviously not meant to cause you really having some troubles with the install. This leaves me with the unenviable task of troubleshooting a case where the one in trouble is a TWC legend.

First, you are trying to install MOS 1.7, aren't you?
    Is your MTW2 a Steam version or the good old disk version?

I have no idea why the export_descr_unit.txt would be a problem. Obviously this is not something that is happening often. In fact I can't remember seeing it before. I attached a copy of the file from my own install to this post. You can replace the existing one with it and see if that solves it. Also I wonder if there may be some problems with the MOS file and folder properties.

Recently lionheartx10 made an install video for TATW, MOS and DAC. It's pretty decent and perhaps you will spot something that may help you.

LINK
    Your file worked, thanks

hi i have a problem im not even able to launch the game first i have installes third age 3.0 patched it to 3.2 ... then i have downloaded the mos 1.7 with patches 1-4 rar file and copied into the folder and overwrite all that stuff than u downloaded patch 5 and did the same .. so i wanted to start it now and first it says kingdoms exe not found so i copied the med 2 exe and renamed it and than i tried again and it crashes instantly so have i done anything wrong ? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by yearman88 View Post
    hi i have a problem im not even able to launch the game first i have installes third age 3.0 patched it to 3.2 ... then i have downloaded the mos 1.7 with patches 1-4 rar file and copied into the folder and overwrite all that stuff than u downloaded patch 5 and did the same .. so i wanted to start it now and first it says kingdoms exe not found so i copied the med 2 exe and renamed it and than i tried again and it crashes instantly so have i done anything wrong ? o.O
    uh nevermind i just found out that i have just downloaded the patch files and copied them to third age 3.2 folder and dont have downloaded 1.7 all files ...

Quote Originally Posted by yearman88 View Post
    Same to me, but i have installed everything correctly, i think.
    Anyone can help please?

for me it works fine now :3 but i want to know what is this main menu song i really love it

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Heya!
    So I have encountered a new problem. The mod in its self works great. But, I tend to get alot of crashes. The crashes i get are after a battle, when I am about to enter the campaign map again. Also in the middle of an end turn. Its not the same faction that crashes. It seems to be completley random in the end turn. I dont remmeber where I read it that using toggle_fow could cause the crashes (even though i dont use it since it is a cheat). Can anyone confirm this? I reacently started play this mod again, but last time I played it, it almost never crashed. So if anyone knows how to solve my problem it would be much appreciated.
    PS i save the game before all battles and before I press end turn. And after a crash I can still load and continue Without a crash for a while only to get another crash at another random time

Citizen

Heya!
    So I have encountered a new problem. The mod in its self works great. But, I tend to get alot of crashes. The crashes i get are after a battle, when I am about to enter the campaign map again. Also in the middle of an end turn. Its not the same faction that crashes. It seems to be completley random in the end turn. I dont remmeber where I read it that using toggle_fow could cause the crashes (even though i dont use it since it is a cheat). Can anyone confirm this? I reacently started play this mod again, but last time I played it, it almost never crashed. So if anyone knows how to solve my problem it would be much appreciated.
    PS i save the game before all battles and before I press end turn. And after a crash I can still load and continue Without a crash for a while only to get another crash at another random time
    Quote Originally Posted by eulo93 View Post
    Same to me, but i have installed everything correctly, i think.
    Anyone can help please?
    try running the cleaner bat in your third age 3 folder as admin if that does not work try running it as normal

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Hmmm ok will have to try it after work today then. It did solve the battle crash problem i had before. Do you sugest i run the cleaner.bat before i run the game every time?

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try running the cleaner bat in your third age 3 folder as admin if that does not work try running it as normal
    I tried but nothing, it also said something about G5BAIswitcher.vbs

Citizen

Hmmm ok will have to try it after work today then. It did solve the battle crash problem i had before. Do you sugest i run the cleaner.bat before i run the game every time?
    just if you start up again after a crash
    if it does not work try the same I asked eulo93 to do
    I tried but nothing, it also said something about G5BAIswitcher.vbs
    can you post the log from the MTW2folder/logs folder here in a spoiler please here is how to made a spoiler
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-POSTS*/page1

Sorry but i really cant found the logs folder

Greymane's Avatar Senator

It is in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Except if you have Steam, but then the last folder would still be Medieval II Total War or something like it.
    In other words, it is probably not where you think it should be (in the Third Age folder)

when I try to extract part 2 I get a message saying that Music.dat is broken. I've tried redownloading, can anyone upload this file?

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    It is in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Except if you have Steam, but then the last folder would still be Medieval II Total War or something like it.
    In other words, it is probably not where you think it should be (in the Third Age folder)
    Niets, even in the medieval folder i cant found no logs folder and no logs files