Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: Resource Works by paleologos

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Resource Works by paleologos

The engine might be able to handle the textures but milkshape is not able to handle 300% more triangles:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And you've seen how good the already look in-game (without the accessories):

(Download this image to see it in full size.)

Besides, I've working on them for too long and I am sort of anxious to go to the next project.
    End they still need work.
    Last edited by paleologos; March 31, 2020 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    The pouch flaps on the top 3 look much cleaner than the bottom 3.
    Perhaps he was right.
    I hope these are better:

Some improvement on the textures of socks and shoes.
    I hope you guys approve, from my part at least, I think they are an improvement.

The hoses textures have been finalized.
    Below is a presentation:

I am doing some work on insignia patches of the non color coded arming coats.

This is a view of the preliminary version (just for Norway this time):

I think I should add some stitching on it.
    Opinions?

Hmm I don't know, maybe some more effects on them to make them look more "manual work" and not gamey.

Here are the first in-game screenshots from the first test of the tweaked models, these are De Hautevile Normans:

I made this at a request by AnthoniusII for his mod The Great Conflicts.

It was modeled after this:

It's a beautiful shield indeed.

I am making available my files of Byzantine Noble House heraldry.

Here is a link.

Here is a preview.
    Scroll down to "Presentation of the Heraldry of the Byzantine Aristocracy".

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Great stuff. Good to see you around again.

Thank you.

On a different note:
    It is very unlikely that I will make any more models or textures for a game, any game.
    I will be deleting
    from my PC all related files.
    I have decided to upload all of the material I kept as resources for other modders to use, so that it is not lost.

Here are the links to the uploaded packages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    00_PhotoResources.rar

This file contains images of medieval and ancient warriors and photographs of reenactors.
    The images gave me ideas and guidance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    01_Books-&-Docs.rar

This file contains images books and documents related to modelling and computer games.

02-01_Resourses_Texturing_Padded_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-02_Resources_Texturing_ChainMail_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-03_Resources_Texturing_ScaleMail_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-04_Resources_Texturing_Lamellar_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-05_Resourses_Texturing_Jack-o-Plates_Armour.rar

What the name says, I wasn't able to make good on these resources.

02-06_Resources_Texturing_Transitional_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-07_Resources_Texturing_Plate_Armour.rar

What the name says.

02-08_Resources_Texturing_Middle-&_Near_East_Armour.rar

What the name says, I wasn't able to make good on these resources.

02-10_Resources_Heraldry.rar

Image files that I gathered over the years to put together my shield textures.

02-11_Resources_Weapons-&-Equipment.rar

Source and resource files for swords, spears, axes, bows, crossbows and other stuff.

02-13_Resources_Shields_Kite.rar

Source and resource files for all of my kite or teardop shaped shields.

02-14_Resources_Shields_AllOtherTypes.rar

If the shields are not round or kite, then they are here.

02-12_Resources_Targa-Celtic-Round_Shields.rar

02-15_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_01.rar

02-15_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_02.rar

02-16_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Islamic.rar

02-17_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Norse.rar

02-18_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Slavic.rar

02-19_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_Fantasy.rar

02-20_Resources_paleologos_round_shields_various.rar

The packages in this segment contain source and resource files for round shield textures.

03_Resources_3D.rar

Here are only models, not all of them appropriate for M2TW.

04_mounts.rar

Some files for horse related models and textures, these are not my work.

05_01_paleologos_Byz_Resources_Levies_Conclusives.rar

Source and resource files for textures and models for my finalized byzantine levies.

05_02_paleologos_Byz_Resources_Other_ByzWorks.rar

Source and resource files for something byzantine...(bear with me, more than 10 years worth of files in all of these packages here)

05_03_paleologos_Byz_Resources_ProgressBodyTextures.rar

Source and resource files for textures for the bodies of my byzantine soldier models.

05_04_paleologos_Byz_Resources_ProgressSartorialTextures.rar

Source and resource files for textures for the byzantine peasant clothes.

06_Mailed_Frankish_MAA.rar

Source and resource files for my first, rather unremarkable, attempt at Norman style knights.

07_Mailed_Frankish_MAA_II.rar

Source and resource files for the models that estblished me in the TWC modelling scene.

08_Highlanders.rar

The name says it, here be source and resource files with which I made my models for Scottish highlanders.
    I believe, there are also some files, both textures and models, for kilt clad highland troops that I did not publish, namely low tier pikemen and Gallowglaich.
    But to get to those you will need to sift through the proverbial haystack.

09_01_Texture_Resources_Catholic_Troops.rar

09_02_Texture-WiPs_Catholic_Troops.rar

Source files for the unarmored version of my catholic peasant levies including files that led up to the final models but were not included in them.
    Two packages, yes that many...

09_03_en_peasant_padded.rar

Source files for my more recent models including unarmored and padded versions.

09_04_Euro-Militia-&-Sergeants.rar

Alright Pay Attention!!!
    This is a very special case!!!

The models in this file have not been released but I have teased them to the community here.
    They are
    my most recent and more sophisticated models and they include material for a mailed version of urban militia and feudal troops.

Look out for GIMP files that have in their name the words "AllMaps_MasterFile".
    A version of skins with mail armor exists and it will be relativly easy to adapt the included models to use the mail texture.
    So as for the Feudal sergeants and the urban militias to have a baseline padded version and a chainmail upgrade.

You will need to be able to handle GIMP, work in layers and know the basics for making skins, both diffuse maps and normal maps for M2TW models.
    And of course you will need to know how to use milkshape to "doctor" models.

I really hope at least one of you will put them together and upload them for the community.
    If so, post some in-game screenshots and leave a notification on my "wall".

10_01_Resources_Texturing_Figure_Body_Parts.rar

Textures suitable for the bodies of figures, clotherd, armored, or bare skin.

10_02_Resources_Texturing_Clothes.rar

Here be textures for cloth, fabric, a variety of textiles and if memory serves some image for creases.

10_03_Resources_Texturing_Various.rar

I don't remember what's in there.

10_04_Resources_Texturing_Metal.rar

The name says all.

10_05_Resources_Texturing_Leather-&-Parchment.rar

The name says all, the package is large.

10_06_Resources_Texturing_OtherMaterials.rar

The name says all, the "other materials" are not many in this case.
    Last edited by paleologos; September 20, 2022 at 07:10 AM.

Thank you and best wishes to you in the future.

Announcement to all:

When you attempt to download something that I am hosting in my google drive and google says you cannot because of a security upgrade or something, I receive an email about it and update the links, so don't get disappointed and try again later.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

How did I missed it? Many thanks for uploading stuff!

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!