Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Construct your own villages(and stone forts) submod

Default Re: Construct your own villages(and stone forts) submod

I was being an idiot. It's working, although villages are still called watchtowers for some reason. Thanks for the mod! Really improves immersion/roleplay for me.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Watchman View Post
    although villages are still called watchtowers for some reason
    Then you did it wrong

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

Good idea, there'll be a two or three of this little village on the road to Constantinople !!
    +rep
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

On the campaign map, the villages are still referred to as watchtowers when you hover your cursor over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    On the campaign map, the villages are still referred to as watchtowers when you hover your cursor over them.
    If you run the SS setup the .txt files get replaced with the backup files in the SS6.3 folder so you either have to reinstall this submod each time you run the setup, or you have to replace the backup .txt files themselves with the files from the submod.
    After doing so, running the setup will no longer affect this submod.

That was it, thanks.

I'm really liking this mod.

Nifty.

Cheers
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Just a small note;

The AI builds more villages and forts if the price of both is set to 0.
    What I also found very interesting is that the AI apparently uses the forts much more often if their cost is 0...for some reason.
    The AI then tends to both man their own forts and besiege their enemies forts, at least they did so in my tests.

A simple change in the descr_cultures does this so I am including that option here;

descr_cultures.txt

irneh's Avatar Civis

Your mod doesn't add stode fort, they are steel in wood, your mod just change watch tower to village

Quote Originally Posted by irneh View Post
    Your mod doesn't add stode fort, they are steel in wood, your mod just change watch tower to village
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it appears that you did not install it properly, everything works fine;

irneh's Avatar Civis

Yup Thanks but the village are still called "watch towers" i didn't understand your explanation to name them "village".

Works for me.
    Try running the setup again.

Or perhaps paste the files from the text folder into the data\campaign\backup\text, data\campaign\early\text, data\campaign\late\text folders if that does not work.

In the end, you should never see the term "watchtower" ingame, if you do, something is wrong.
    Last edited by +Marius+; October 17, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

you probably need to delete the pertinent (extended, tooltips, strat) "strings.bin" files so the game recreates it with the updated data

irneh's Avatar Civis

Ok works after running the set up again, the name "watch towers" only still remaining in the battle building windows or menu, is it normal ?
    Last edited by irneh; October 17, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irneh View Post
    the name "watch towers" only still remaining in the battle building windows or menu, is it normal ?
    Nope, watchtower should not appear anywhere ingame.

Now that you have ran the setup, try reinstalling the mod again(without running the setup), I believe that the setup reverted a file or two to their previous versions.

irneh's Avatar Civis

I think it is because of the translation, my vanilla game is in French, is it that ?

In fact it is written "tour de guet" not "watchtowers" in the battle building windows or menu, do tou know how to get village in stead of ?
    Last edited by irneh; October 18, 2015 at 06:41 AM.

You're using Steam right?

And if I'm not mistaken you can see "French Village" when you hover with the mouse over a tower/village in the strat map but in the Menu to build them it shows "Tour de guet".

If you did what I said in my previous post, then the game is reading vanilla M2's strat.txt.strings.bin and tooltips.txt.strings,bin
    This is because Steam version fails to regenerate both files from the TXT sources.

Solution:
    Marius has to provide those strings.bin with the download

irneh's Avatar Civis

ok so i have nothing to do, it normal, right ?

off topic : Concerning stainless steel 6.4 is it normal that some scenario and historical battle are unplayable because land units are replaced by ship ?

The idea behind this mod is really good, but I get the error where villages are still called watchtowers. Also, I could not seem to get the alternate version without trees to work at all. If readme instructions were included, I would call this mod perfect, but it just doesn't work as intended for me, so I'm stuck.

Just curious, is it even possible to make watchtowers give money? I would think not, and it sounds like it could enable exploitation, so no big loss.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Hi Marius.
    Thanks for great mod man !
    I've installed this mod into SSHIP 0.9.2, it works (I see villages instead of watch towers), the construction menu is changed, texts are 'Villages'.
    So it looks like everything is working.

But in system.log.txt on the game start there's series of errors :
    23:02:14.652 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_....' in database
    Is it important ?
    Full log :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    23:02:09.821 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:02:09.822 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep  5 2014 version development ===
    23:02:09.825 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:02:09.825 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:02:09.826 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:02:09.826 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:02:09.827 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:02:09.827 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:02:14.652 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.652 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_6' in database

23:02:14.653 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_6' in database

23:02:14.654 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_6' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.655 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_5' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_6' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_1' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_2' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_3' in database

23:02:14.656 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_4' in database

23:02:14.657 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_eastern_level_6' in database

23:02:16.344 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 522, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_effects_desc>.
    23:02:16.344 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 525, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <steward_france>.
    23:02:16.344 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 562, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_greek_effects_desc>.
    23:02:16.344 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 565, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <chamberlain>.
    23:05:01.164 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1156, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    23:05:01.253 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP-TM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10490, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    23:05:15.599 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    Last edited by tmodelsk; April 25, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast