Thread: Repost from .com - Concilium Plebis - The Unofficial Rome 2 Survey

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon14 Repost from .com - Concilium Plebis - The Unofficial Rome 2 Survey

Fellow citizens,

It seems a lot of hot air is expended in the pages of this forum; some of it as learned as one of Cicero's declamations, other bits more like Nero after he's had a few too many lead cups of wine.

One thing is for sure: we have a LOT of demands and desires of this game... but we express them like an unruly mob, spread out over thousands of threads, with hundreds of overlapping topics and usually descending into incoherent rants that go over the same ground agaaain and agaaain and agaa - you geddit

So, what I propose (and I doubt I'm doing anything new here) is a survey that collates all our opinions on what we consider the most pressing issues. Hopefully, in this simplified format, it will have some kind of traction with the devs, because random threads certainly aren't.

Partly to try out the practicality of the whole thing (10 minutes on Survey Monkey did it) and to guage what you all want to see covered, I link below the Survey of Surveys, which is a few basic questions asking you how you think something like this should be laid out:

Rome 2: Survey of Surveys

Not sure I'll have the free time to do this alone, so if anyone thinks this is a good idea and wants to help out/take the reins, let me know!

The questions will all be multiple choice and phrased in a way that will highlight how Creative Assembly's response (or lack of) will affect people's future playing/buying behaviour. Please post your question suggestions below before filling out the survey!

Credits and original poster:Fredrin

sourced thread:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-Rome-2-Survey
    Last edited by alQamar; December 08, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Repost from .com - Concilium Plebis - The Unofficial Rome 2 Survey

Man, that green text on the Empire background kills my eyes!
    RTWRM - back to basics

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

sorry fixed it.

I would like to add the that the survey link above is basically asking for the setup of the main survey which is still work in progress.

Here is a beta stage of the survey (not final)
    http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=khfhvg22nn1okxd271080

If you want to help forming up the stuff please leave your comments here or on the link on .com.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

The first question's answer choices led me to close the survey, but I will try to help you improve it from the beginning.

Question one: What is your overall opinion of the game to date?
    -The middle two options are Good or Bad. Needs more nuance. Replace them with something like "largely impressed" or "left you wanting."
    -Better yet, have three more options inside of these and get rid of options perfect and abysmal. Further, make a scale from 1-7 with nuanced phrases beside the numbers to help people decide.
    Last edited by scivian; December 08, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Its a bit bias. But I really like it. but it could use more options eks.
    2 How likely are you to buy the Caesar in Gaul expansion?

• No chance!
      • [] small campaign holds no appeal to me.
      • Possibly. I am waiting to see full details of release.
      • Possibly. If there are major improvements made to the core game as well
      • Probably
      • Definitely!
      • Pre-ordered already

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I think it's a very good initiative, as long as the possible answers are unbiased and there are equal amounts of positive and negative answers. Otherwise more 'negative' people than 'happy' people will fill it in, which could be an excuse from CA to ignore the results.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

For your first survey's question of how many responses will it take for Ca to listen you forgot "there is no number". Your effort is admirable though.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Moose View Post
    I think it's a very good initiative, as long as the possible answers are unbiased and there are equal amounts of positive and negative answers. Otherwise more 'negative' people than 'happy' people will fill it in, which could be an excuse from CA to ignore the results.
    yeah that's true. He is doing a good job for balancing it atm.

I asked him for a recent link and will post it here again.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Okies. Done my bit. Good luck!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hey guys the final survey link and results will be discussed here. This thread could be closed now

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Rome-2-Survey

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

As ser alQamar requests, so shall it be.

Closed.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!