Page 8 of 239 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

Hotfix 1 has arrived, fixing the major issues currently present in the public beta build.

Changelog:

• Hotfix Installer now cleans up the remaining files the main installer should have, fixing some model issues, fixing random custom settlements loading in generic settlements and a possible CTD with the Gondor Motte & Bailey.
    • The console has now been reenabled for use.
    • Missing event pic art is added, 228 new event pictures are available for your enjoyment!
    • Khazad-dum campaign has been repaired, the Dimril Dale is selectable on the Anduin route, the Mirkwood route no longer crashes, the Beorning siege is now optional and functions correctly, spiders have been replaced with a less CTDy unit for an ambush and the Balrog count has been reduced from 13 to 3.
    • The Khamul silver surfer has been fixed.
    • Cair Andros now uses a generic model (which suits the now generic settlement better) and now wont override the osgiliath repaired model with its own.
    • Recruitment capabilites across the map have been balanced.
    • Khand's Leader now has a portrait.
    • Gifted elven units are no longer silver surfers in the Balin campaign.
    • Frodo is no longer a silver surfer.
    • Possible battle load ctd's have been fixed on the campaign.
    • Additional generals are now given to Dol Guldur to prevent easy family tree wipeout.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Install instructions on first post.

Any campaign changing fixes in the Hotfix are not save-game compatible, however this does not mean you need to start a new campaign unless your suffering CTD's or trying to play Khazad-dum.

Note: There is an older version available on moddb, anyone who downloaded the old one or the one from moddb will loose the Fennas Drunin model (we will restore it for you with the next hotfix) and the installer wont delete map.rwm (the cache file which prevents fixes from affecting new games).

I recommend anyone who downloaded the old one to download the one at the top of this page.

Last edited by FireFreak111; December 08, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Semisalis

Gothsaruman , if u installed the first time in M2TW...you screwed up the whole game. You probably have to reinstall the full game+ add on + patch + Third age 3.0+3.1+3.2 ..then D&C + hotfix. Sorry man

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraels View Post
    Gothsaruman , if u installed the first time in M2TW...you screwed up the whole game. You probably have to reinstall the full game+ add on + patch + Third age 3.0+3.1+3.2 ..then D&C + hotfix. Sorry man
    Yes i did that i uninstall the Dac And third age (ALL) ... then reinstall everything but still ....

Quote Originally Posted by GothSaruman View Post
    Yes i did that i uninstall the Dac And third age (ALL) ... then reinstall everything but still ....
    Tyraels is saying that if you pointed it to the Med 2 directory, you will need to COMPLETELY re-install the whole game. Not just Third Age, but Medieval 2 from your disc or re-install from Steam.

Semisalis

So i will repeat a last time all stages, ONLY IF YOU INSTALLED BY MISTAKE IN THE MAIN MEDIEVAL 2 FOLDER (and not in mods/thirg_age_3) :

Uninstall everything about M2TW by the included uninstall program..then registry cleaning with Ccleaner for example.
    - Reinstall M2TW + Kingdoms game & patches (or if you have steam you can check the game cache integrity)
    - Third age with patch 3.1 then 3.2
    - D&C + last hotfix

If you respect those steps ..it will work , i did it this morning because i myself destroyed my game with an installation error.
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 08, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Is hotfix savegame compatible?
    Last edited by c.ryo; December 08, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

The hotfix will not be compatible with saved games. We would recommend those who have saved games start again so everyone is on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Tyraels is saying that if you pointed it to the Med 2 directory, you will need to COMPLETELY re-install the whole game. Not just Third Age, but Medieval 2 from your disc or re-install from Steam.
    Oh My god --'' ... okey i'll do that
    thank you

Another one interested in testing the torrent ?

Torrent can be found here:

http://killerkittens.guildeprotecteu...ta.exe.torrent

Please people who have already downloaded it, seed it and use at your own risk (but it work ).
    More people seeding, more speed for other, that lead to more seeding and you get the picture
    Last edited by Neaera; December 08, 2013 at 09:43 AM.

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

Not save game compatible... "sigh" alright.

Ok started new will be posting the bugs I have found so far.

Bugs:
    -After Hotfix Fennas Drunin lost its unique strat model, now it looks like Large Elven settlement.
    -Dunedain Wardens - some soldiers have no swords and fight with bare hands.

Top of page has updated hotfix (old one was available from moddb), anyone who downloaded the old one or the one from moddb will loose the Fennas Drunin model (we will restore it for you with the next hotfix) and the installer wont delete map.rwm (the cache file which prevents fixes from affecting new games).

I recommend anyone who downloaded the old one to download the one at the top of this page.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; December 08, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

I redownloaded everything and reinstalled everything, and it still crashes when i try to enter costum game or campaing. I had a similar problem with MOS and i had to delete some files. So what do i do now?

Can you send the last 10-20 lines of your log wrapped in a
    [SPOILER ]
    log here, remove space above when you wrap it
    [/SPOILER]
    ?

Where do i get log?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Congratz on the release!

I don't know if these things have already been reported but
    when I attacked Enedwaith capital there was Black gate on the battle map
    and when I attacked Duneard there was Edoras on the battle map
    and Theoden got both 2nd and 3rd Marshall of the mark ancillaries.

FireFreak111

Thank you for an update. Just am slightly misunderstanding you, does the " second " hotfix that is located on this page, remove the Fennas Drunin issue or there will be another one? As I still have the issue with Fennas Drunin being elven.

My install order was DaC --> Hotifx 1 from Moddb --> Hotfix "2" from top of this page.

@NejkoPejko
    Go to Medieval II Total War, and it will be there (system.log) or in the logs folder there (again system.log)

@c.ryo
    The one on this page is a slightly fixed installer for Hotfix 1 (fixes the deletion, but yours is already deleted), Hotfix 2 will fix your specific issue in time.

@Araval
    Hotfix 1 at the top of this page will fix most of those issues.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; December 08, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release (Hotfix on Page 8!!!)

Torrent can be found here:

http://killerkittens.guildeprotecteu...ta.exe.torrent

Please people who have already downloaded it (by moddb), seed it !

[By downloading the torrent and put the 'destination folder' where your installer is stored (or copy/paste your installer in your torrent default download folder before opening up the torrent)]

More people seeding, more speed for others, that leads to more seeding and you get the picture

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

@c.ryo
    The one on this page is a slightly fixed installer for Hotfix 1 (fixes the deletion, but yours is already deleted), Hotfix 2 will fix your specific issue in time.
    Aha, thank you for clarifying. Great mod guys, you guys really did a great work on it, cant wait to see what will be in future.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release (Hotfix on Page 8!!!)

If your going to seed the torrent on the previous page after downloading it from moddb (we would really appreciate it if you seeded this torrent ), place the 2gb exe you downloaded wherever uTorrent's (or vuze, etc) default folder is, and rename it to Divide_and_Conquer_Full_Public_Beta.exe, then initiate the torrent and it will scan over it and begin seeding.