Page 6 of 239 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Semisalis

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

Hi dudes ! ive got a small problem in a battle for Foldburg(i was isengard, against Rohan) . I have 1 army against 2 of them witht about 1.5k men in each army. When the battle started , a message poped up and it said "reinforcements delayed because your CPU cant handle the battle, more ressources needed..upgrade your cpu or lower your setting" something like that , i dont remember exactly...
    Well ok. But i have i5 2500k@4.2ghz, 12 gb of memory, and gtx 770 overclocked ..and i already played battles with 10k units in other mods without any problem, so i'm sure that there is a little issue...thanks for help !

edit : a second problem ; even with the tip for reseting the defaults keys of keyboard, what i exactly did in options, the console still doesnt work.
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 08, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    try playing on small unit sizes or low grafiks.
    Yeah i did that ... didn't work ... oh god it's torture O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    That doesn't actually mean you guys have insufficient video memory, it is the game looking for textures for strat map models and can't find them.

Strangely enough, you guys are the only ones with this problem and if they were really missing everyone would have that problem.
    Normally i like being the only one in almost everything ... but not this -.-
    What we should do (you're opinion) ?

Ok, very nice work! Just a few issues.

- Always crash at Cair Andros before entering in the battle. By the way, is the custom settlement still present (the strat map model is still there, thought it was removed)?
    - Frodo is silver surfer, not the whole unit, only him.
    - Wrong start positon in faction selection menu.
    - Transparent UI in campaing map.

Not a bug, but I think the menu screen is a bit too empty. No offence .
    Oh, just for curiosity, why is Umbar yellow? From the preview it seemed light blue.

That doesn't actually mean you guys have insufficient video memory, it is the game looking for textures for strat map models and can't find them.

Strangely enough, you guys are the only ones with this problem and if they were really missing everyone would have that problem.
    re downloading the mod can fix it?

hi guys
    First great work to the DAC team outstanding work.
    Second i have started a campaign with Arnor and on the first battle i get a CTD. Do i need to delete any files or is this an issue?

Cheers Lee

Senator

you didn't allow unlimited men on the battlefield EoH?

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

I tried the 'reset to defaults' trick, but I still can't open the console to toggle_fow
    Has anyone got any ideas for this?
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Normally i like being the only one in almost everything ... but not this -.-
    What we should do (you're opinion) ?
    re downloading the mod can fix it?
    Does it crash for each faction?
    hi guys
    First great work to the DAC team outstanding work.
    Second i have started a campaign with Arnor and on the first battle i get a CTD. Do i need to delete any files or is this an issue?

Cheers Lee
    Does every battle crash or only this one?

you didn't allow unlimited men on the battlefield EoH?
    I don't think we touched something like this.

Does it crash for each faction?

Does every battle crash or only this one?

I don't think we touched something like this.
    In my case every nation crashes

yes , it crashes with every faction , im trying to redownload the mod ill update you if its gonna fix the crashes

When i start a battle on costum battle i get an error. I did a fresh install of TATW so what must i delete already to make it work?

Edit also when i click on start campaing it crashes.
    Last edited by NejkoPejko; December 08, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

OK tried another this time with Balin and the quest to Moria, first battle against the spiders, loaded in, postioned troops and started battle and then CTD

Laetus

hey for a start i can say the units in custom battle looks really great, but i cant start an imperial campaign. Always if a wanna start a campaingn it shuts down and there comes an error message like "medieval 2: total war has found an unspecified error and will close now"

Semisalis

Someone could answer me :'( ? (top of the page)

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Very good, my friends.

Download problem. The file you have selected (Divide_and_Conquer_Full_Public_Beta.exe) is not available via any mirrors.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

In my case every nation crashes
    yes , it crashes with every faction , im trying to redownload the mod ill update you if its gonna fix the crashes
    Redownloading and installing should do the trick.

OK tried another this time with Balin and the quest to Moria, first battle against the spiders, loaded in, postioned troops and started battle and then CTD
    Khazad Dum campaign will be fixed in the hotfix coming within a few hours.

Hi dudes ! ive got a small problem in a battle for Foldburg(i was isengard, against Rohan) . I have 1 army against 2 of them witht about 1.5k men in each army. When the battle started , a message poped up and it said "reinforcements delayed because your CPU cant handle the battle, more ressources needed..upgrade your cpu or lower your setting" something like that , i dont remember exactly...
    Well ok. But i have i5 2500k@4.2ghz, 12 gb of memory, and gtx 770 overclocked ..and i already played battles with 10k units in other mods without any problem, so i'm sure that there is a little issue...thanks for help !

edit : a second problem ; even with the tip for reseting the defaults keys of keyboard, what i exactly did in options, the console still doesnt work.
    I am not sure what causes that first problem, will look into it.

The console will be restored in the hotfix.

Very good, my friends.
    Thank you
    Download problem. The file you have selected (Divide_and_Conquer_Full_Public_Beta.exe) is not available via any mirrors.
    Just click the "Click to download Divide_and_Conquer_Full_Public_Beta.exe" on moddb?

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Going to give a run down on the progress of different errors, as there are general patterns here, please read.

Download Issues
    At the moment we only have ModDB as a source to download from, we have looked into torrents, however setting one up has proven problematic. If someone in the community could create a torrent of the public beta, everyone would be incredibly thankful.

For now the plan is to upload the mod additionally to MEGA tommorow.

If you want a better download speed on ModDB, or can't access any mirrors, try making an account before you download. If it gets stuck at 99%, try another browser (Chrome or IE) if you have one. Otherwise, the MEGA source may prove more reliable.

CRASHES
    Khazad-dum Campaign CTD's/General playability issues
    We dont recommend using this faction until the hotfix arrives, which will repair the faction, remove all ctd's and allow the campaign to be played.

Texture Load CTD's/99% CTD
    This may be caused by an bugged installation, so the first step is to try a reinstall, double check your using a completely fresh install with 3.2. The Installer currently adds alot of models that aren't needed, the hotfix installer will remove these. Some people may be having the issues because of this, so waiting for the hotfix would be wise.

OTHER BUGS
    Random custom settlements loading for generic settlements.
    The installer currently does not clean up an old folder used for the old 'Custom' culture that the custom battles used to load custom_settlements, causing the Wildmen culture to load these. The Hotfix installer will clean these up.

Silver Surfers.
    A few such as Frodo, a couple in Balin's army will be fixed in the hotfix. When reporting these, state the unit, state what faction controlled it. Incredibly important. If its the captain unit (1 man), state that.

Hotfix will arive within a few hours, please be patient while we fix what a small private beta team could have never found

redownloaded + reinstalled didnt fix the crashes T_T