Page 5 of 239 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

well this is awesome ... but when i am downloading it says "not available via any mirrors ... i know i should wait .. but after an hour i'm a little angry

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by GothSaruman View Post
    well this is awesome ... but when i am downloading it says "not available via any mirrors ... i know i should wait .. but after an hour i'm a little angry
    It is A LOT faster if you are registerd in Moddb... It's easy, it's quick and it's free!

(É muito mais rápido se te registares no Moddb).

A Fellow Portuguese here ? thank u very much actually it took ages XD but finally its downloading
    Um Compatriota aqui ? Muito Obrigado demorou décadas mas finalmente está a baixar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Helmchen View Post
    Congratulations for the release of the beta! What I had seen until now looks very impressive! And I love the new wildmen culture and the UIis fantastic!
    The new map from FF is some of the best things I had ever seen in MT2 modding. (only the suggestion to implement paths at the Misty Montains like on the old map, i think this would give a lot to the gameplay as OoMM)

Only a few things:

- the game ALWAYS crashed for me if I want to play a costum battle (and yes, I know the old TA bug...)
    - in Imladris two costum buildings are green books
    - IMO the main music theme is absolutly terrible, maybe you could use some proper music from LOTR?

Thanks for your hard work and +rep to all of you!
    We will have a think about the music, the green books though thanks for that. Must have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmann View Post
    Playing Galadhrim's Realm and in the Battle with Shadow of Mirkwood,King Khamul the Esterling is Silversurfer(General only). Destroy Shadow of Mirkwood and the Rebels for Dol Guldur in the Battle crash unspecified error back to Desktop.
    Khamul SS is fixed, I don't quite understand your second point sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    I have a suggestion, you could rename two of the generals of the gray elves to Galdor and Gildor Inglorion for greater lore-accuracy.
    And if not worse rolling, another suggestion would be to add to Lindir as a diplomat to Imladris and make one unit of dwarves who join Balin in Dale by a general named Oin.

And congratulations, submod is amazing!
    Galdor and Gildor were just Elves, yes they featured in the books (albeit it briefly for one) but there is nothing to say that they would lead armies. Personally I prefer poetic license on this matter. Lindir as an Imladris diplomat is a good idea, we will look into that. I will speak with the Council regarding Oin and see what we think.

Senator

OPk, can any kind soul upload this to a torrent? would rep you until I die.

Civis

Originally Posted by Jahmann
    Playing Galadhrim's Realm and in the Battle with Shadow of Mirkwood,King Khamul the Esterling is Silversurfer(General only). Destroy Shadow of Mirkwood and the Rebels for Dol Guldur in the Battle crash unspecified error back to Desktop.

Point two: destroy Shadow of Mirkwood. After Dol Guldur is in possession of the rebels. I besiege them, and in the battle it came to the unspecified error to the desktop. Rebooted the game and the battle with the rebels to Dol Guldur no longer crashes.Is probably on my PC configuration or hardware. I have Silversurferr more often,a man to three men from the troops of the Captains of the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmann View Post
    Originally Posted by Jahmann

Point two: destroy Shadow of Mirkwood. After Dol Guldur is in possession of the rebels. I besiege them, and in the battle it came to the unspecified error to the desktop. Rebooted the game and the battle with the rebels to Dol Guldur no longer crashes.Is probably on my PC configuration or hardware. I have Silversurferr more often,a man to three men from the troops of the Captains of the rebels.
    The settlement crash will almost certainly be fixed either by the hotifx or in time when we test the settlements again as some of them have been muddled.

I will write this in bold to draw attention but I am not telling you off or anything: When reporting a silver surfer, please give the name of the unit that had a silver surfer present and give the location of the battle. The Silver Surfers will almost always be Captains and we need to know who they are commanding in order to fix them. Thank you

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    OPk, can any kind soul upload this to a torrent? would rep you until I die.
    Tankbustaz, if you register in Moddb, you will have more download servers and the download speed will be a LOT faster.
    Just register and download. It is free.

Senator

I have been doing that since morning, my DLs keep failing at 99%

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

To all those having download issues, we are looking into alternative sources, such as mega and torrents (especially torrents)

So ... i was starting a Erebor campaign ... when it i choose the faction i saw the intro and all .. but .. it suddently cash like .. black screen and just that

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

2 Small Bugs in my Northern Dúnedain campaign... When I assaulted Fornost Erain, the fortress in the battle-map was Aglarond, also known as Helms-Deep!
    And assaulting Barketta, to complete my dominance in the Arthedain region, the game crashed after loading the battle-map. Besides that, I had no bugs whatsoever, and I'm not sure about the Fornost/Helm's-Deep thing!

An amazing work indeed!
    Last edited by Kindjal83; December 08, 2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Damn English! :D

So ... i was starting a Erebor campaign ... when it i choose the faction i saw the intro and all .. but .. it suddently cash like .. black screen and just that
    If you could send me the last few lines of your log that'd be marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    2 Small Bugs in my Northern Dúnedain campaign... When I assaulted Fornost Erain, the fortress in the battle-map was Aglarond, also known as Helms-Deep!
    And assaulting Barketta, to complete my dominance in the Arthedain region, the game crashed after loading the battle-map. Besides that, I had no bugs whatsoever, and I', mot sure about the Fornost/Helm's-Deep thing!

An amazing work indeed!
    Both of these bugs have been fixed and will be uploaded in the Hotfix.

Senator

Download failed again.

I can now sympathize with gollum. I cannot have the precious.

What to u mean the last few lines ? ... When the bar is almost at 100% it .. crashes ... like just crashes no message nothing just crashes

What to u mean the last few lines ? ... When the bar is almost at 100% it .. crashes ... like just crashes no message nothing just crashes
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    In there you should find a log, it will be long but the last few lines might shed some light on your crash. However, my instinct is that you either have a bad download or the installation was interrupted somehow. I believe this as you are the only person to report this issue. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    In there you should find a log, it will be long but the last few lines might shed some light on your crash. However, my instinct is that you either have a bad download or the installation was interrupted somehow. I believe this as you are the only person to report this issue. Sorry.
    I Can't believe it "12:15:13.560 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set." if there is a god he hates me --''

having the sane problem T_T

Senator

try playing on small unit sizes or low grafiks.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

That doesn't actually mean you guys have insufficient video memory, it is the game looking for textures for strat map models and can't find them.

Strangely enough, you guys are the only ones with this problem and if they were really missing everyone would have that problem.