Page 235 of 239 FirstFirst ... 135185210225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 4780

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

after 185 turns with dunedain on h/h i want to make my impression and things i didn't like or think that should be changed.

-as i said before, evil factions are too weak. i thought something will change with time but it didn't. it's absurd that mordor didn't take single settlement in 185 turns. it would be nice to se umbar and eastern nation doing some naval invasions too. only exception is rhun who completly defeated dowinions. but at no time did i feel any good faction is being threatened. and that's shame because there's really no point to continue playing.
    -good and evil factions shouldn't attack each other and alliances between them should be easier to make. it makes no sense that rohan and bree start war.
    -unit recruitment. i understand that most elite units can be trained in only some regions but it makes no sense that i can only recruit crappy light infantry and archers everywhere else. it takes too long to transport army from one side to other that way.

everything else is great. props to mod team for creating this sub mod. it feels much bigger and complex than other submods or vanilla.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Hey everyone! Here's a Remnants of Angmar playthrough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q81U5mrqJBM

Great job on the mod by the way, team. I really enjoy playing as the evil factions! You all did fantastic work!

Quick question: How do I fix the "Fatal Graphic Error" CTD at startup? MoS, FRoGS, and PCP work fine without receiving the error. I've got a pretty good setup and DaC has been the only one with the error I've already tried lowering the graphics to the lowest possible. Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I read somewhere in the TATW forums that the next version of DaC is planned to be released this September. Is that true and how is the work going ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in my current campaign as Umbar, Imladris was chosen as early invasion target. Now I've noticed two things:
    1. The invading armies seem to be unable to get to the city. They're all blocking each other at the one bridge to the city, probably because not all evil factions are allied and therefore the generals are blocked by each other's zone of movement.
    2. The invasion has been going on for 60+ turns now without failing. How long will the invasion continue before Sauron considers it failed?
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Imladris has been removed as an invasion target for the next release. Yes, you're right that the cause of the problem is the invasions all getting in each others way in that cramped valley. The invasions all work a lot better targetting the settlements in less annoying areas of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in my current campaign as Umbar, Imladris was chosen as early invasion target. Now I've noticed two things:
    1. The invading armies seem to be unable to get to the city. They're all blocking each other at the one bridge to the city, probably because not all evil factions are allied and therefore the generals are blocked by each other's zone of movement.
    2. The invasion has been going on for 60+ turns now without failing. How long will the invasion continue before Sauron considers it failed?
    there was invasion on imladris for 185+ turns in my campaign. they couldn't take it. and that's a wierd thing. evil factions even with with much greater force like 2 stacks can't take settlements with only few units. god knows how many times south and north ithilien was sieged but nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_ View Post
    there was invasion on imladris for 185+ turns in my campaign. they couldn't take it. and that's a wierd thing. evil factions even with with much greater force like 2 stacks can't take settlements with only few units. god knows how many times south and north ithilien was sieged but nothing happened.
    yeah I noticed that too. It's really hard to balance I guess. Still better than Mordor taking Gondor in 30 turns imo.
    It's really strange to see Mordor fail to take Ithilien even with decent stacks.

Read in the preview thread that Mordor will get LESS income in the new version and Gondor better garrisons, wonder how that'll turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I read somewhere in the TATW forums that the next version of DaC is planned to be released this September. Is that true and how is the work going ?
    Look for post #4659

Glad to see Imladris being dropped as an invasion target, if the player as RoI changes capital will that become a target of invasion or has RoI been removed as a target of invasion?

I think there are a few reasons why the AI Mordor is not taking many provinces.
    One of the reasons is that the AI is really bad at bringing the right amount of troops for sieges, they tend to use just enough troops to win the auto resolve battle and the AI does not factor in the garrison script.
    I think this is the primary reason for them not taking provinces as the AI will just keep repeating the same mistakes.
    Its not all bad as Gondor needs to be strong and should endure for +100 turns

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
    Look for post #4659

Glad to see Imladris being dropped as an invasion target, if the player as RoI changes capital will that become a target of invasion or has RoI been removed as a target of invasion?

I think there are a few reasons why the AI Mordor is not taking many provinces.
    One of the reasons is that the AI is really bad at bringing the right amount of troops for sieges, they tend to use just enough troops to win the auto resolve battle and the AI does not factor in the garrison script.
    I think this is the primary reason for them not taking provinces as the AI will just keep repeating the same mistakes.
    Its not all bad as Gondor needs to be strong and should endure for +100 turns
    yeah, i was fine with it at the beginning, but with time it became pointless. maybe remove garrison script or create scripted stacks for mordor afte turn 100.

yeah, i was fine with it at the beginning, but with time it became pointless. maybe remove garrison script or create scripted stacks for mordor afte turn 100.
    Mordor gets a big boost when it has the ring.
    This happens around turn 200 unless the player has already acquired it.

I like the garrison script in this mod, the units used seem balanced(of the ones that I have encountered so far)
    Its better than using normal units

Mordor seem to be doing fine in my game, they took Minas Tirth around turn 150 and now Dol Amroth holds the line
    http://imgur.com/j5K1Vcb

after 185 turns with dunedain on h/h i want to make my impression and things i didn't like or think that should be changed.

-as i said before, evil factions are too weak. i thought something will change with time but it didn't. it's absurd that mordor didn't take single settlement in 185 turns. it would be nice to se umbar and eastern nation doing some naval invasions too. only exception is rhun who completly defeated dowinions. but at no time did i feel any good faction is being threatened. and that's shame because there's really no point to continue playing.
    -good and evil factions shouldn't attack each other and alliances between them should be easier to make. it makes no sense that rohan and bree start war.
    -unit recruitment. i understand that most elite units can be trained in only some regions but it makes no sense that i can only recruit crappy light infantry and archers everywhere else. it takes too long to transport army from one side to other that way.

everything else is great. props to mod team for creating this sub mod. it feels much bigger and complex than other submods or vanilla.
    1. Balance - I quite like that there is usually a good balance between Mordor and Gondor but I have played campaigns where Mordor take Minas Tirith on their own and dominate Gondor. Angmar aren't weak especially later on (their elite units are strong), Enedwaith need a buff, Isengard need a buff but Rhun seems a bit too strong I agree with you on that. I'm sure there will be rebalancing in next version, it is a beta after all. I have also seen Umbar landing in west Gondor and taking settlements so that does happen. Balance overall seems pretty good to me apart from a few cases which are already being addressed in next version from what I have read.

2. Good v Evil - I think it adds a good dynamic when 'civil' wars break out. Just my opinion though I can see why some people would prefer that not to happen.

3. If you are referring to Dunedain then yes I agree with you on that. I wouldn't expect elite units to be recruitable away from homeland but maybe at least the standard men at arms and cavalry. When I played them I edited the export_descr_buildings.txt and removed the region requirements for those units. It took a while because I changed every instance for those units in the file (probably didnt need to do that but I'm no expert) but it seemed to work. If you want help doing that pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by menawati View Post
    1. Balance - I quite like that there is usually a good balance between Mordor and Gondor but I have played campaigns where Mordor take Minas Tirith on their own and dominate Gondor. Angmar aren't weak especially later on (their elite units are strong), Enedwaith need a buff, Isengard need a buff but Rhun seems a bit too strong I agree with you on that. I'm sure there will be rebalancing in next version, it is a beta after all. I have also seen Umbar landing in west Gondor and taking settlements so that does happen. Balance overall seems pretty good to me apart from a few cases which are already being addressed in next version from what I have read.

2. Good v Evil - I think it adds a good dynamic when 'civil' wars break out. Just my opinion though I can see why some people would prefer that not to happen.

3. If you are referring to Dunedain then yes I agree with you on that. I wouldn't expect elite units to be recruitable away from homeland but maybe at least the standard men at arms and cavalry. When I played them I edited the export_descr_buildings.txt and removed the region requirements for those units. It took a while because I changed every instance for those units in the file (probably didnt need to do that but I'm no expert) but it seemed to work. If you want help doing that pm me.
    In the coming release evil factions are buffed! Expect a storm coming....

The recruitment for Dunedain is completely redone and logical, recruitment of Dunedain in former Arnor, out of there militia, archers and local troops.

Just have a little bit more patience and wait for the coming release!

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
    Mordor gets a big boost when it has the ring.
    This happens around turn 200 unless the player has already acquired it.

I like the garrison script in this mod, the units used seem balanced(of the ones that I have encountered so far)
    Its better than using normal units

Mordor seem to be doing fine in my game, they took Minas Tirth around turn 150 and now Dol Amroth holds the line
    http://imgur.com/j5K1Vcb
    yeah, they look very strong. i will try another campaign on vh. maybe then they bring better armies.
    Quote Originally Posted by menawati View Post
    angmar was pretty strong in the beginning invading dunedain and bree, but later bree and dwarfes started destroying them. they have good units but they don't recruit them. i rarely saw any havy infantry. but since bree is getting nerfed they could get more breathing space. enedwaith got destroyed by rohan but idc much about them since, as dunlendings, they are wildmen so they shouldn't be too strong anyway. i saw umbar and haradrim in crusades but nothing else from them.

I'm starting to get crashes as Gondor defending East osgilith from a sieging Mordor army. It's winter 3000, about 80 turns, and when I go to attack this sieging army, when loading the battle screen the game crashes. If I do nothing and let it morder army attack, it also crashes.

My version of D&C is 1.04.

any help

== additional ==

ok, i see others having Gondor crashes too, so it's known bug.

== more ===

auto resolve fixed one battle but it happened again the next siege battle on East Osgiliath. i don;'t plan to auto-resolve all battles here, too expensive in troops.

I checked the troop types to see if it might be a new type of unit that caused the crash but no new units. "Mogul Chosen" worked in other battles

== more ==

I just built a Library in east osgiliath, could that be the cause of battle crashes ?

await next patch.

Great mod of mods. better than rome2
    Last edited by Rorarii; September 03, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonKing1225 View Post
    Hey everyone! Here's a Remnants of Angmar playthrough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q81U5mrqJBM

Great job on the mod by the way, team. I really enjoy playing as the evil factions! You all did fantastic work!
    Good video. Beware those cave trolls hiding behind patches of daffodils

I still find it hard to relate training evil units with coins ? as if they care about money, it should be something like 'essence of evil', the more powerful Sauron, the more evil essence is available. The more villages are attacked, the more enemies killed, the more essence.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Is DaC compatible with ReallyBadAI ?
    and if yes do I have to restart my campaign?

sorry if this was asked again but I couldn't find the answer through all these posts.
    Last edited by Veltegez; September 03, 2014 at 02:27 PM.

tatw already has reallybadai, but it uses an older version
    not sure if dac is compatible with the newest version of reallybadai tho, or which version of the ai dac uses

i m asking if it is compatible with the latest RBAI v5.7 ... I know that an older version is included in tatw, but I have the impression that the AI switcher of RBAI is either not included or not working. I play as Isengard 100+ turns and it seems that in every single battle Rohan is using the same tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    yeah I noticed that too. It's really hard to balance I guess. Still better than Mordor taking Gondor in 30 turns imo.
    It's really strange to see Mordor fail to take Ithilien even with decent stacks.

Read in the preview thread that Mordor will get LESS income in the new version and Gondor better garrisons, wonder how that'll turn out.
    Well , since my question in another topic was ignored I'll try to have some communication here.
    Maybe I haven't played enough turns to see a strong mordor(past 200 ? turns) , but in most cases the map of 150+turns becomes boring and unchallenging. And yes, I haven't saw mordor taking any settlements exept for this one at the back of the map near Khand. I wonder how people get this strong mordor that needs to be nerfed ?
    Personaly I wouldn't like to see mordor as just another lands to expand. It should be a goddamn ork infested nest.

I know to each his own but here's an idea : how about making a script that let's you decide at the start of the game would you like some Money cheating from Mordor or not. Would be pretty cool to feel any threat from Sauron Imo.