Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Senator

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Oh that's a relief.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

I have a question about the Mordor turn 50 crash. Is that a guarantee crash or no? Because I am in the middle of a mordor campaign and don't want to continue if its going to crash.
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do to, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. . ." (John 14:6)

I think its most likely guaranted crash.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Okay thanks I will stay away from them for now then.
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do to, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. . ." (John 14:6)

A quick question: Playing as Rohan, I started out with a unit of Rohan Spearmen. Does anyone know the requirement to start producing them?

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Norkus View Post
    A quick question: Playing as Rohan, I started out with a unit of Rohan Spearmen. Does anyone know the requirement to start producing them?
    You get them after the barracks event at around turn 40-50 once you've built the required barracks upon the barracks event

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker15 View Post
    I have a question about the Mordor turn 50 crash. Is that a guarantee crash or no? Because I am in the middle of a mordor campaign and don't want to continue if its going to crash.
    It's not a guarantee crash every time you play Mordor no i once went beyond turn 50 with Mordor

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

I found that when I was playing as the Dwarves of Khazad-dum, sometimes when Gandalf arrives to help you defeat the Balrog, he spawns outside of Khazad-dum itself, and out of reach of the Balrog. Since he is immobile, I can't do anything with him and he is just sitting in Eregion. Does this count as a bug?

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Is Remnants of Angmar an interesting faction?

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    pshhh, griiiiill get out of here.

Remnants of Angmar is one of the funnest factions to play as. Fun starting location, diverse roster, varied enemies. I'd say they're the neatest evil faction to play as(at least until Eredwraith in the next patch).

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Definitely interesting for me to say the least especially given the roster changes Angmar had after the last release

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    Do i wait for the new version or can i start a new campaing, just a little info of relase date ?
    Of course you can start a new campaign
    Last edited by Gratzy2; August 05, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Do i wait for the new version or can i start a new campaing, just a little info of relase date ?
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

No release date the mod is still being tested.

hi, im in need of some advice. i downloaded the LOTR divide and conquer mod but for some reason everything works fine up until i want to play the campaign then it crashes and brings me back to my desktop. please help ive been really wanting to play this game for weeks now thanks

why cant i play the campaign? help

Quote Originally Posted by karlo12345 View Post
    why cant i play the campaign? help
    it can be one of several reasons. Did you multitask during installation of the mod? have you edited any files without using notepad++? if you're on steam that may also be a reason as not so long ago i had a steam update for medieval 2 total war while DaC was on top of it and i couldn't play it so i had to install it again lol

Does anyone else think that Olog-hai trolls are a little bit overpowered? I think they deserve a slight nerf.

EDIT: Also in my opinion Smiths should be stronger for their cost.
    Last edited by NejkoPejko; August 06, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
    We screamed for revenge

Not really. Aside from their Olog-Hai and the Nazgul bodyguards Mordor's roster don't really have anything worth writing home about. Well aside from their sheer number of armies they pump out. But on a army versus army basis they're pretty easy to deal with.

In the next version the smiths have 13 Att (armour piercing) and 37 Def. Which makes them the single most powerful infantry unit in the game (with the Mithlond Nobles a close second).
    Last edited by Hummingbird; August 06, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

^
    Fair enough for Smiths, but tell me how do you deal with olog-hai? They always just break my ranks and wreck havoc, not to mention the morale drop.
    We screamed for revenge

Depends on your faction. Concentrated missile fire (from good quality archers/crossbows) can weaken them (thin their numbers and knock off a bunch of their hit points). Horse archers especially since they can easily skirmish the trolls till they run out of ammo. Javelins can bring down a bunch in a single volley with a direct hit at close range. If they do reach your infantry then armour piercing troops (like Lossanach Axemen) will fare better than most because they partially negate their very high Armour stat.

Repeated hit and run rear charges with lance-bearing cavalry can be extremely effective too if they haven't buried themselves in your ranks.

But yes trolls are uber shock troops; their entire role is to throw enemy formations into chaos for the massed orc hordes to better swarm under.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; August 06, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    Does anyone else think that Olog-hai trolls are a little bit overpowered? I think they deserve a slight nerf.

EDIT: Also in my opinion Smiths should be stronger for their cost.
    All unit stat have been edited in the next release anyway but i agree with Hummingbird and get artillery firing at Olog-hai because that'll knock them out