Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Patch 2 Released 27/1/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Duscha View Post
    Is the non zoomable minimap a missing feature or won't it be implemented at all?
    Use F2 and F3 or look in your keyboard controls to see what is assigned to zoom in or out. This is written on the OP of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitouakira View Post
    so this wil allow the factions to get thier highest amour upgrades?
    It will allow Gondor, Dol Amroth and the Dwarves to get the levels they were meant to get.

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Patch 2 Released 27/1/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Use F2 and F3 or look in your keyboard controls to see what is assigned to zoom in or out. This is written on the OP of this thread.

It will allow Gondor, Dol Amroth and the Dwarves to get the levels they were meant to get.
    ok time to do that ^^ and hope i dont break anything again xD

A bit shorter one this time,
    reworked intro for Dol Amroth:

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

A true artisan practices his craft...Thank you so much for that xHolyCrusader...

+Rep
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    There is no new patch just around the corner, ideally we want one more patch for the beta and then the full release. The armour thing is an incredibly simple change I will right it here I suppose:
    1) Get Notepad++
    2) Make a backup of the EDB (export_descr_buildings) found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data
    3) Open it and double click on the word 'smiths' in the initial list then hit ctrl+F and 'Smiths' should already be in the search box, search until you arrive at this setup:
    ;############################################################
    ;######################### SMITHS #########################
    ;############################################################
    4) Scroll down to 'plate_armourer' and make the line look like this:
    plate_armourer city requires factions { sicily, moors, hungary, norway, denmark, } and building_present_min_level barracks militia_drill_square
    (The red section is what will need to be different)
    5) Then scroll down to 'c_plate_armourer' and make the line look like this:
    c_plate_armourer castle requires factions { sicily, moors, hungary, norway, denmark, } and building_present_min_level castle_barracks barracks
    6) That is it, you will have to end turn in order for it to take effect.
    thankyou sir you are a legend! it didn't feel right when playing as Gondor and not having their shiny armour as that was one of my favourite things about Gondor still again thank-you very much

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Deathcake's Avatar Tiro

Good video XHolyCrusader, good tip re manually adding the armour upgrades too, thanks AG

edit- Not sure what can be done about it, but I'm having a bit of an issue with Mumakil, namely they are too big lol. They *may* be able to get through the largest gateways, but certainly first level stone walls, they can't. Not sure about destroyed wall sections, as the AI hasn't attacked with both Mumakil and catapults.
    The problem is when Harad attacks one of my walled cities (playing as Dol Amroth), the Mumakil cannot get through the gate so they just block up the gate entrance outside and pretty much prevent units coming in or out.
    Also when they are killed and fall outside the gate, units cannot get through them then either, so killing them pretty much permanently blocks up the gateway for that battle.
    Not sure what can be done about it.
    I have also noticed that dead Mumakil seem to still be selectable as an attacking target, ie mouse over a dead one and the 'bow' or 'sword' attack cursor comes up..?

edit 2- Out of interest, does the AI get unlimited ammo (or double or triple ammo) for it's ranged units? I ask only because I have been fighting for 20 odd minutes, my archers (Dol amroth Nimrodel ranger units) ran out of ammo 10 minutes ago, but all the AI archers (Southron archers and the horse archer raiders) are still happily firing.. ?

edit 3- (alt-tab is fun hehe) The Coastal Guard for Dol Amroth seem a bit weird with their javelins. If they are set to fire at will, they will throw them fine, but if I select a target they seem to walk into melee range instead of throwing? I'm not talking about alt-clicking, i'm referring to single or double click with the javelin cursor showing green over the enemy
    Last edited by Deathcake; February 25, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Port's Avatar Civis

That made ​​the maps when selecting fractions throw in a folder with maps of the campaign (who do not know say later).

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/pav70556276/view/1084837/
    https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-...c=530c8f5865a4
    Use it! Just point the author. Write, even if you need help. good

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    That made ​​the maps when selecting fractions throw in a folder with maps of the campaign (who do not know say later).

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/pav70556276/view/1084837/
    https://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-...c=530c8f5865a4
    Use it! Just point the author. Write, even if you need help. good
    Nice work but we already have these maps for every faction. We removed them because they cause crashes. Anyone installing this won't be able to select more than 4 factions before crashing to desktop.

Port's Avatar Civis

Flight unknown reason? Ents do?

Had a problem with a small walled town I took as Isengard. Can't think of its name off the top of my head wut it was one town west of the rebel town directly south or Isengard. The siege unit battering ram did not recognise the gate initially spawned in front of as a gate (ie couldnt attack it).

It's a minor problem, and I just went round to another get to smash my way in, but thought I'd mention it anyway just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcake View Post

edit 2- Out of interest, does the AI get unlimited ammo (or double or triple ammo) for it's ranged units? I ask only because I have been fighting for 20 odd minutes, my archers (Dol amroth Nimrodel ranger units) ran out of ammo 10 minutes ago, but all the AI archers (Southron archers and the horse archer raiders) are still happily firing.. ?

edit 3- (alt-tab is fun hehe) The Coastal Guard for Dol Amroth seem a bit weird with their javelins. If they are set to fire at will, they will throw them fine, but if I select a target they seem to walk into melee range instead of throwing? I'm not talking about alt-clicking, i'm referring to single or double click with the javelin cursor showing green over the enemy
    Actually better archer units get more arrows than poorer ones. And the AI and Human player get the same numbers for each. However, the poorer units animations tend to be much slower through the cycle than the better ones. So poorer units arrows will last longer than better units even when they have less arrows to begin with. They just have fired fewer arrows from the start. Look at the kill rates after the battle and you will see what I mean.

Medieval 2 has a problem when you order ranged units to attack when they are not in range when you order the attack. The unit tends to keep marching even when they have become in range. Jav units have less distance from when they are in range so it is worse for them. You have to tell them to shoot again once you have them in range. Same for archers, btw. If you want them to shoot from extreme distances, you have to order them to shoot again when they are in range. Otherwise long distance archers might march close enough for lesser archers to exchange fire with them before they start shooting.

Hey guys awesome submod not sure if this has been mentioned or if you intended this but why is all of SOM best units coming from cities I just think it doesn't make much sense that Dol Gauldur isn't able to recruit all the best units not from the get go obviously but eventually kinda leaves them in a bad spot aswell

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ForBalin View Post
    Hey guys awesome submod not sure if this has been mentioned or if you intended this but why is all of SOM best units coming from cities I just think it doesn't make much sense that Dol Gauldur isn't able to recruit all the best units not from the get go obviously but eventually kinda leaves them in a bad spot aswell
    Shadow of Mirkwood can actually recruit all of their best units in Dol Guldur especially after the barracks event as you'll get trolls, shadowguards and mirkwood uruks i think it is. But of course Shadow of Mirkwood can't recruit the best units straight from the go either until the barracks event (same for everyone else) Shadow of Mirkwoods starting position is a single settlement yes but you'll find that they still tend to be an extremely dominant and aggressive faction despite having a rather isolated starting position
    Last edited by Gratzy2; February 25, 2014 at 07:02 PM.

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I have a question about Gondor Armored Defenders. While I like the reinforcement script you put in for defending settlements I think the armored defenders can be a bit excessive. When I'm defending East Osgiliath I can defeat a Mordor fullstack using just my garrison script units. I got around 7 of them. They are pretty strong. Many reduce the number that settlements receive? I haven't played as Mordor yet but I'm definitely gunna have a hard time trying to take Gondor settlements with that kind of garrison.

Thanks for a great submod. I've tried several games with previous patches, and I find this the best TATW-mod so far. I enjoyed the fine-polished feel of the game, and how you avoid compromising with the lore.

Just a minor thing:

Rhun can build their own dirt roads in Varfèst additional to the already existing northern ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snofla View Post
    Just a minor thing:

Rhun can build their own dirt roads in Varfèst additional to the already existing northern ones.

This little bug has allowed trade caravans from the Call of Warhammer forum to arrive. More trade, more trade.!!!!...

Nice catch
    snofla, now I must hurry up and play a Rhun campaign before they fix this....Cha Ching...$$$$$...

+Rep

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Just a quick question. Is the Reunited Kingdom an option now? I'm looking for a good mod compilation that has this in and hoping this is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arturien View Post
    Just a quick question. Is the Reunited Kingdom an option now? I'm looking for a good mod compilation that has this in and hoping this is the one.
    Arnor and Reunited Kingdom
    Arnor cannot be reforged. In future, thee ReUK will take their place but until then, the Dúnedain have the ability to train Dalian, Rohirric, Gondorian and Valesmen units in those factions home regions. ReUK troops won’t be available until then.
    From the Frequently Asked Questions section{FAQ} at the bottom of the Opening post...

Noticed that but I was wondering if by chance it got updated ( so that the FAQ predates it ). New on this thread and all.