Page 98 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2593

Thread: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95n, updated 12/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.85d, updated 18/04/14)

I have a little problem. I was besieged by CPU for the first time recently. The problem is they were doing nothing but waiting. I had to rush on them with my hastati to move them. And yet major forces were still waiting to the last minutes to attack.

Leuchebreu2's Avatar Libertus

Radnos, you DON'T have a problem...this is a perfect showcase of how awesome the siege A.I. is ...sorry bud..that's why you always want to put timer in your battles.

EDIT: disregard, long day, thread saying it works fine with patch 12 is right on the thread list. Hurr durr

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Does anyone have those zombie eyes, for some reason i started the game today after updating and my soldiers have all become undead again !!!
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (last version v0.5h, updated 06/12/13 - added new version)

For some reason I'm getting an error* when trying to download the mod from media fire; it tells me to authorize download but then says error and reloads the page. Am I the only one suffering from these problems?
    Last edited by Cope; May 18, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Is the steam workshop version updated to Patch 12?

Barune's Avatar Miles

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radanos View Post
    I have a little problem. I was besieged by CPU for the first time recently. The problem is they were doing nothing but waiting. I had to rush on them with my hastati to move them. And yet major forces were still waiting to the last minutes to attack.
    Siege gameplay is completely broken in Rome 2, and I doubt that anything short of an engine overhaul can fix the issues that plague Warscape games. There's not much the DeI team can do about sieges, short of removing them completely from the game, which is sad in itself as proper sieges in previous games was a lot of fun.

Sieges in the old engine were even worse. I've won battles in the original Rome without losing a single man by clicking sally out and then watching their entire army line up next to my walls to be annihilated by my archers and the towers...

Medieval II had some decent siege mechanics though.

Quote Originally Posted by IDontEvenLift View Post
    Medieval II had some decent siege mechanics though.
    I still have nightmares in which I try to deal with Medieval's path-finding on walls and in streets.

But apart from that Medieval II Siege mechanics were by far the best.. At least a lot better than on Rome 2

Yeah, pathfinding was a nightmare in that game, and sieges were especially detrimentally affected by that. But the AI knew how to fight a siege. When it defended it was smart enough to place the proper units on the walls. When it attacked it was smart enough to build enough siege engines, and it knew where to deploy its towers and ladders and with what units, as well as to build more than one battering ram in case one was destroyed. It also preferred to bombard the defender with artillery, if it had any, before committing its infantry. In Rome II the AI cannot fight in sieges. It just does not know how, despite having an extensive roster of siege engines to construct. Heck, we don't even have artillery in the game to a meaningful extent.

These are not issues caused by DeI and its developers. In fact, these are issues they have done their best to fix or hide. If anyone is at fault here, it is the Creative Assembly and their complete hack of a job developing the actual game. Rome II is, at its core, an utterly and irredeemably unworthy entry in the Total War franchise, and I cannot trust CA to improve either the game itself, or their effort on the next entry in the franchise.
    /rant

Durador's Avatar Civis

the engine of CA sucks. Dont know why they stick with it. Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and now Rome 2 all bugs and crashes. and the siege battle is a hell in all those games and boring

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (last version v0.5h, updated 06/12/13 - added new version)

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    For some reason I'm getting an error* when trying to download the mod from media fire; it tells me to authorize download but then says error and reloads the page. Am I the only one suffering from these problems?
    Me too It just keeps me trying to load the page...

You have to complete the caption just tried it works fine for me. wow humans fooled by an anti-bot.... no hope for humantiy

finally a mod that gives the seleucids media! I know hegemonia does, but it gives them too much making them unmanageable to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotai! View Post
    finally a mod that gives the seleucids media! I know hegemonia does, but it gives them too much making them unmanageable to the player.
    Release of version 0.9

anyone know how to convert the steam files to english? having trouble downloading all of them.
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

many people want to see the update already .9 ​​can release it, but in fact the appearance of free DLC release fixes??