Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2148

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

vlakc's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Feedback, Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

not sure if it has been suggested already but has the mod team considered including the "capture and victory points removed" mod in DeI, I'm sure many people prefer to keep capture points but the game will feel more realistic without victory points.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Without victory points this game is even more broken, for example AI will not even try to disembard etc. and you will end up with unresolved battles.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Another suggestion, dunno if it is possible or not since I haven't found any mods covering diplomacy, but could you make it so that the AI proposes to become a client-state/satrapy or their allies start to defect them more often after a major defeat? There are many historical records that after a major defeat some people would submit to avoid even more slaugther or their allies would start to turn on them moved by fear. For instance, in the book II of De bello gallico, Caesar easily put the belgians in his pocket after a massive beatup, and the gallic tribes of northern Italy joined Hannibal's cause after the river Trebia victory. Not saying that this happened always (for instance, the Nervii resisted more to roman occupation and Hannibal could not turn the other italians against Rome), but fear was (and still is) a powerfull factor in warfare, and this should be explored a little depeer if the aim is historical acuracy. If not in the diplomatic table, this "fear" factor could at least appear in the battlefield (e.g.: an army that suffered a recent defeat should have their morale lowered, specially if facing the army that defetead it). Again, not sure if it is possible to tweak this, but it would add some more depth to the mod overall and would make winning by a large margin more important than ever, adding a new strategic layer to it. Also, kinda off topic, but if you guys could tweat the (terrible) diplomatic system of the game that would be awesome (it's really stupid that your own client-states are at war with each other, or that you at least can't force them to make peace with someone).

Now the javelin unit also fire at arc even behind enemy 5 metres away,it bring me bad vision feeling.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by romanni View Post
    Now the javelin unit also fire at arc even behind enemy 5 metres away,it bring me bad vision feeling.
    It is either that or the old way of firing. Dont think that it can be modded to take into account the line of sight. So it depends on whether people and in the end Selea chooses to have them firing in an arc to be able to fire from behind friendly troops or fire in a straight line meaning you would have to flank the enemy for proper use of the javelins.
    If I have understood all of this correctly that straight line firing troops cant fire from behind friendly troops?

Sketchik's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by luck_ponte View Post
    Another suggestion, dunno if it is possible or not since I haven't found any mods covering diplomacy, but could you make it so that the AI proposes to become a client-state/satrapy or their allies start to defect them more often after a major defeat? There are many historical records that after a major defeat some people would submit to avoid even more slaugther or their allies would start to turn on them moved by fear. For instance, in the book II of De bello gallico, Caesar easily put the belgians in his pocket after a massive beatup, and the gallic tribes of northern Italy joined Hannibal's cause after the river Trebia victory. Not saying that this happened always (for instance, the Nervii resisted more to roman occupation and Hannibal could not turn the other italians against Rome), but fear was (and still is) a powerfull factor in warfare, and this should be explored a little depeer if the aim is historical acuracy. If not in the diplomatic table, this "fear" factor could at least appear in the battlefield (e.g.: an army that suffered a recent defeat should have their morale lowered, specially if facing the army that defetead it). Again, not sure if it is possible to tweak this, but it would add some more depth to the mod overall and would make winning by a large margin more important than ever, adding a new strategic layer to it. Also, kinda off topic, but if you guys could tweat the (terrible) diplomatic system of the game that would be awesome (it's really stupid that your own client-states are at war with each other, or that you at least can't force them to make peace with someone).
    As far as I know this is already possible. After I defeated the two major armies of Garamantia they offered to become my client-state + some money. You just have to be strong enough

I think will be a good idea to increase archery range to 180 - 200, because at this point, archers already a pretty useless in 70% of battle situations.

Yeah, ranged infantry seems kind of useless right now, which sucks, since my main campaign right now, Media Atropatene is based around it as it's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSmurf View Post
    If it's hard coded then i wonder if archers could instead have a new ability to toggle between arced fire and direct fire?.
    Yeah, I think this would be a pretty nice solution and add some new functionality to the game like they added with the fire-at-area ability for pilum/jav precursor units in v0.8

I wonder if it's possible..? Of course, all this could've been avoided had CA not been so incompetent with the game's execution in the first place.

is it just my game or the normal campaign map movement been increased like 2x or 3x???

It seems CA has messed the seasons in CIG and HATG (for Caesar in Gaul, i don't own it but someone else mentionned it in another thread, for HATG i am 100% sure about it), they make spring begin in January, wich mess all the following seasons with summer in april, fall begining in July etc...

It's not a very important point, but it does break immersion for me.

Is it something modable ? If it's easy to do, i might do a simple mod for myself, but i thought that might be one thing DEI could mod as well since it's really strange.

I love this mod.but unit size is too large for my PC,so bit heavy to play .I know it is real.but can you make normal unit size version?

Small suggestion, some of the recent celtic units are mixed up. For instance the Gaestatae were used by the Boii not the Arverni, same with chariots. Also they Nervii should have more melee units as opposed to cavalry, which according to most reports they never used.

How do i mod naval movement range. I'd like to increase the range by 200%

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HerrBree View Post
    Small suggestion, some of the recent celtic units are mixed up. For instance the Gaestatae were used by the Boii not the Arverni, same with chariots. Also they Nervii should have more melee units as opposed to cavalry, which according to most reports they never used.
    interesting points, could you provide some sources. I would highly appreciate it.

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

I dont know if its the dei update or ca hotfix but im having constant crashing at the end turn?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

I was worried when I downloaded DEI that it would be another "realism" mod that doted on Rome. I apparently was right. Rome was the greatest because they were organized, centralized, and clever, not because they were ubermenschen. Just another mod that puts stats above tactics. I'll go back to vanilla thanks. It's more balanced.

Amazing effort though. It's a really impressive feat.

Default Re: Feedback, suggestions, critics and requests

Is it possible for you guys to release a standalone mod that just has the changed appearances of units?

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    interesting points, could you provide some sources. I would highly appreciate it.
    I know wiki isn't the greatest source, but here is an article about the Gaestatae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaesatae

Boii chariots (actually the last known usage of celtic war chariots)

http://www.karwansaraypublishers.com...on-225-bc.html

just a couple of sources on Nervii cavalry (even CA said themselves in the Nervii description on the TW wiki that the Nervii didn't use cav, so idk why they added it anyways.)

http://www.livius.org/caa-can/caesar/caesar_t19.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervii

Playing with Athens. I think the pikeman are very ubalanced. First time I met 'em I encircled a single unit of them them with 3 full hoplyte units and my general (logados). Then I was finaly able to recruit them and when I assaulted a barbarian army they completely destroyed my whole army except the 3 units of pikeman who then proceded to wipe out around 12 elite barbarian units. Shouldn't pikeman be more utility than anything else? One would think that when flanked or if the pike wall isn't up in front they'd die quickly since the pikes are quite unwieldy for close combat.