Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tech] Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug reports

Hi all!
    I noticed that the barbarians are not aggressive enough. Playing for Rome, after the next battle - I lost a lot of soldiers and barbarians! Barbarians not attacked me, though the level of their relationship was negative. One attack barbarians and I would have lost two armies!
    second bug: AI withdraws troops from the provincial capital, before my attack. I have one small army, so why AI leaves his village without protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Hi, guys.

1- I have noticed that part of the armor/clothes (the tunick, I think) at a General from Etruscan League on the campaing map was partially transarent.
    2- The fatigue status of troops that I point over in the battle map always says "fresh" or "active", even if they are crawling at the battlefield after a 30 minutes fight.
    For fatigue:

1. Some formations lowers fatigue usage. This means that it will take much more to build up fatigue for units in certain formations. The formation that requires the less fatigue is Fulcum.
    2. If an unit withdraws from combat and then walks/rests it will recover fatigue very fast. This is done mostly to help the AI recover and rebuild after routing since it doesn't know how to do it properly by itself (it simulates a full rest cycle: I consider a battle in itself a container of various phases as it happened in real life; naturally you cannot have in a game a simulation of what it happened in reality with armies resting etc. but you can do the same indirectly by having units that walk or rest recovers fatigue fast; in this way you can have a line retreat from combat, recover fatigue then fight again or units that rout and return to combat do the same).

These two things concur on the fact that you can see some units be fresh even after 30 minutes. However if you follow closely you will see that they become tired/very tired/exhausted; it is just that if they then stop combat they will recover fatigue fully in little time.
    Last edited by Selea; December 24, 2013 at 06:57 AM.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Is there somewhere a building's tree, because descriptions of buildings from DeI are blanked out ?

I'm not sure if this is a bug but has anyone been able levy units from their client and military Ally's? I'm currently playing Cesar in Gaul campaign and was in my Ally's territory but noticed that there were no units to levy. Has anyone else experienced this? Did the mod affect the unit levying from Ally's? I'm not talking about mercs I'm talking about the new feature if recruiting units from clients with same cost and upkeep as your own units.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Works fine in grand campaign. I don't own CiG to look there.

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    For fatigue:

1. Some formations lowers fatigue usage. This means that it will take much more to build up fatigue for units in certain formations. The formation that requires the less fatigue is Fulcum.
    2. If an unit withdraws from combat and then walks/rests it will recover fatigue very fast. This is done mostly to help the AI recover and rebuild after routing since it doesn't know how to do it properly by itself (it simulates a full rest cycle: I consider a battle in itself a container of various phases as it happened in real life; naturally you cannot have in a game a simulation of what it happened in reality with armies resting etc. but you can do the same indirectly by having units that walk or rest recovers fatigue fast; in this way you can have a line retreat from combat, recover fatigue then fight again or units that rout and return to combat do the same).

These two things concur on the fact that you can see some units be fresh even after 30 minutes. However if you follow closely you will see that they become tired/very tired/exhausted; it is just that if they then stop combat they will recover fatigue fully in little time.
    I found that I can run around cavalry during battles and rout numerous skirmisher units without gaining any fatigue. I think a small increase for running fatigue and a bigger increase for charging wouldn't hurt. I find cavalry in the players hands a bit overpowered because of this. Other then that your battle mechanics are very good.

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

Not sure if it is DeI related, or a CA related, but when the triumph video shows up and an event message shows up, the video disappears, and the event message is left "grayed out." Meaning, I can't click the button to close the message. I can't click anything but the chat button. I have to alt-ctrl-del to shut program down. However, there is a few seconds between triumph video and event message in which I can close the video before the message appears. When I do that, the message isn't "grayed out," and I can close it normally.

Anybody else experience this?

Just Overclocked my Haswell to 4.4 which helped a lot for 20,000 man battles but now in all my campaigns I'm having the game freeze on end turn for random factions. Completely kills my 20+ hour campaign dead in the water. Could this crash be due to the overclock or perhaps the engine has some error that freezes it whilst computing?

Thanks for your attention, Selea. It was a damn good answer. You earn my respect. Anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    I found that I can run around cavalry during battles and rout numerous skirmisher units without gaining any fatigue. I think a small increase for running fatigue and a bigger increase for charging wouldn't hurt. I find cavalry in the players hands a bit overpowered because of this. Other then that your battle mechanics are very good.
    THIS. And, I insist: I saw units obviously tired (heads down, barely moving) showing 'fresh' at theirs fatigue status. Maybe just a display bug.

Merry Christmas!

Hey there great mod so far however I just came across what appears to be a bug: +500% missile range?!?! If this is just a typo in trait description then its not really a big deal but if it is actually represented in battle then its pretty big.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=207678134

I haven't used this guy in a new battle yet, I just took Susia and selected that trait for him just now.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    Hey there great mod so far however I just came across what appears to be a bug: +500% missile range?!?! If this is just a typo in trait description then its not really a big deal but if it is actually represented in battle then its pretty big.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=207678134

I haven't used this guy in a new battle yet, I just took Susia and selected that trait for him just now.
    This question is asked every day. Do a search.

I am updating the effects.loc so it just says increased missile range because I am so sick of this question

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am updating the effects.loc so it just says increased missile range because I am so sick of this question
    Thank you so much.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

English is not my native language, so may be i asked it in a wrong way. I hope asking it more clearly now. I was thinking that deI was an english mod. The mod is really great, i am playing with it since several days now though i play with it in french ?... First i was thinking that the vanilla's part of the mod could be in french but, into my game, descriptions of new buildings are in french also. Exactly traits of the new buildings are in french, but descriptions are blanked out. (Example : the horse's building)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...11682604666935

Into my Data folder of Rome II, there is still the UPC project wich i was using for radious mod. Does DeI is translated for a part into UPC project ? Or did i miss something, because actually i am playing DeI in french ?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, I just thought it was weird and thought I'd report it:

In my Seleucid campaign it's possible to recruit Thorakitai (greek thorax sword) from the start Muster Field, which feels a bit odd, since they should be a higher level unit? And what's even more weird, when I upgrade the Muster Field to the next tier building, I lose the ability to recruit them.. which seems to suggest they shouldn't be available from Muster Fields at all?

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb1 View Post
    After many campaigns still have not found warhorse raw material. I find where I could build one if I had warhorse raw material? Anyone can help me? What am I missing, don't see it in raw materials list that I'm trading or have around the world.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Seasons-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Are you using any other mods? Character skills shouldn't be tied to faction.
    No other mods, and you are correct, it is not working for any of the factions (I had only played Pontus at the time of the first bug report). It is doing this for both the Steam Workshop version and the direct download. Traditions do not work either.

I don't experience a diplomatic penalty for breaking agreements.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

merry Christmas all, when i start a pergamon campaign the game freezes after the first turn.started a campaign with seleucids i have to say its great mod
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius