Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott DLC

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Default Boycott DLC

Shameful display by CA. Rome 2 is probably their lowest quality product and now they offer DLC expansion. How about for once the community stands ground and says no. Developers don't care what you say but what you do and by not buying this DLC they will get an important message. Fix the core game first then make additional content! Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
    Last edited by Kambe; December 02, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Don't preorder games!

Default Re: Boycott DLC

IF....the DLC is the Gaullic campaign then I probably wont get it. Not a big fan of the smaller maps. I don't think its necessary to gather everyone up to boycott the DLC. Those that are going to purchase the DLC anyways, well...they are going to get it. However those who are unhappy with the game will most likely wont be purchasing it due to the fact they probably don't play the game anymore. If there is more people that are disappointed with the game then the sales of the DLC will speak for itself.

*note*...hahaha, I didn't know the DLC was official now, but my feeling are the same. Maybe it will go on sale in a few months anyways.
    Last edited by meltdown; December 02, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

I didn't bought RII and won't bought it until its fixed anyway, so no superficial DLC for me..

Approved.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Signed. I won't buy.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Rise up TWC proletariat! it is time for us to show them rampant capitalism will not go unopposed.

But not me, because I kind of want to play this.

It's a ing disgrace, they've rolled out the shiney unattainable screen shots again to sell a £10 add on for a still fundamentally flawed game.

Swine.
    Last edited by StealthFox; December 02, 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: censor bypass

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Rise up TWC proletariat! it is time for us to show them rampant capitalism will not go unopposed.

But not me, because I kind of want to play this.
    We all do mate, but not at potato quality that seems to be CA standards these days.

Don't preorder games!

I have played this game like 100 hours. It could have been more, if I could spare more time from work and personal life. But anyway, that is 50 cent for 1 hour of entertaining. You got nowhere else that cheap a price.

I like the new minicampaign DLC and will buy it as my own Christmas gift

+1

Haven't got Rome 2 yet, not even at shiny 50% off, and am surely not gonna get it until the family tree gets added, diplomacy and political system gets their proper upgrades and they introduce minimum 2 turns per year with seasons!

I don't even play R2 anymore so I for one won't be buying it. The only situation I could see myself buying this is if CA do a complete U-turn and make the MP amazing, this DLC offers substantial features and units for MP and it goes on some sort of sale. But yeah, it's pretty simple; don't buy this if you don't enjoy the base game. That'll hopefully show CA that they need a dramatic shift in policy.

I wont be buying this map. Paid 50 Euro for an unfinished game and after patch 7 it is still missing 50% features. If CA decides to not fix the game and constantly bring these dumb expansions, they lost me as customer forever. The only way we as customers can show them ,that they are going too far with these expansions is to hit them in the wallet. Do not buy the DLC and perhaps they will fix the game first. If not, Total war is a dead genre...

Senator

stopped playing Rome II, won't buy the Caesar DLC either

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    I have played this game like 100 hours. It could have been more, if I could spare more time from work and personal life. But anyway, that is 50 cent for 1 hour of entertaining. You got nowhere else that cheap a price.

I like the new minicampaign DLC and will buy it as my own Christmas gift
    Your gaming standards are very low. One might say console level low.

Don't preorder games!

I plan to throw my cash at them immediately upon release of a DLC

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    Yes proletariat, our hour is nigh! I suggest we take our anti-DLC policy to the next level and actually dispose of our PCs - that will show them!

But srs it has 10% percent off at the moment
    Last edited by StealthFox; December 02, 2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Insulting

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    What's wrong with console? I grow up with them

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    What's wrong with console? I grow up with them
    Atm consoles stand for everything this community is fighting against. One of them being mod support. PC has better graphics, better online community, free online, better sound, dedicated server, backwards compatability, upgreadable hardware, more players per server, better frame rade, cheaper games, higher skill ceiling and so on. Also if you like console you are sure gonna "enjoy" the next series of TW on them.
    Last edited by Kambe; December 02, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Don't preorder games!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

each to there own i say , but i will wait on this one thanks, CA are just making a fool of gullibles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullibility ... http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gullible

I don't get why all discussions like this get comments on consoles.

However, I still feel deceived by CA, I still don't like the current state of RomeII.
    Up to now I was just very disappointed (raging on forums doesn't really improve the game to my taste, does it).
    But when I just saw on steam that after having seasons in RTW (never played older games), M2TW, ETW, NTW and S2TW, scrapping them from R2TW and simply reimplementing them with first DLC mini-expansion: screw you CA. And don't throw technical difficulties to my head, it was possible earlier with the same engine/apparently on parts of the map, and it's a technical difficulty that would have been known very early in the design/programming stages, time enough to work something out.

Getting it to keep my TW collection complete.

Also I don't think, Rome 2 was a bigger failure than for example Empire.

Most people here seem to whine just for the sake of whining.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast