View Poll Results: Would you like to be able to recruit units belonging to other factions ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would be historically corect and more immersing !

10 66.67%
  • No, i just like to play mechanically with the same units,same style over and over again !

5 33.33%

Thread: Hiring units from other factions PLEASE !

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Icon10 Hiring units from other factions PLEASE !

Ok, i tried using a diplomat to bribe some enemy units to join my faction, they refused !
    I used cheats to make my diplomats GODS and tried again, they refused. I tried on units with captains, they refused, i even tried on rebels, they refused.

If you conquer a settlement from the Germanics you can recruit 4+ types of their units, meanwhile in Greece and Macedonia you can only recruit ONE type of RETARDED spearmen. Please add local recuitment to ALL settlements.I find it very VERY frustrating to see that i conquered all of Macedonia and Greece and i CAN'T recruit a SINGLE phalanx unit. The entire Greek Peninsula, Anatolia and the Middle East are using TONS of phalanx units and i can't bribe, recruit or get a single one no mather what ! It's really absurd.

PLEASE add in next patch a script or something that allows for you to bribe enemy units to joining your faction. Now they just refuse every time ! Or add a script that allows you to go to a faction with your diplomat and order the recruitment of a certain unit, (1 of each factions good units is enough) after you ordered it, the doubled price gets deducted from your money and the units appear at your capital. Please add this system or atleast make them accept my bribery!

Or atleast add some phalanx units as mercenaries in certain regions, also add some merc siege, caus as the Dacians i cant build any type of siege equipment.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Hiring units from other factions PLEASE !

Building Aor Barracks you can recruit local troops. but only low level troops. we made this choice to have factions with more "personality" and more different army. And it wouldn't be historically correct having barbarian factions hiring hellenistic phalanx, legion units or siege equipment.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

I see your point, but here we take the factions out from their historical environment and forge our own history. Each player makes his own separate history, making huge empires that never existed. And huge empires barbarian or not (even the Macedonians where considered barbarians because they where a Tracian tribe) can borrow technology, military aspects or even hire mercenaries. History is full of examples of other nation's troops fight for another. The Macedons are a perfect example of a "barbarian" Tracian tribe that adopted "Hellenism" at a big proportion. Macedons where barbarians that developed their own phalanx ... it's the biggest historic evidence you can get, it's even bigger than just hiring them, they made their own.

Anyway ...
    I decided to fix it myself after the following rule :

Each time i vanish a nation completely and occupy all their owned regions, then i use the create unit command in the console to create A SINGLE stack of their most iconic unit, ONLY ONCE ! ONLY 1 stack ! Then i use the add money command but with "-" to take 10.000 dinars out of my coffers as imaginary costs to recruit and train them. I'm thinking that after conquering them completely in that 1 million + population there are surely 2000 people ready to fight for me by their own style and there should be plenty of their equipment lying around since they used it all the time. This way i can fulfill my desire to have some "regional" troops to be a reminder of the multiculturalism of my empire and the people i vanquished. I do it only once per conquered faction because i think in time it is natural for them to lose their own way and adopt mine.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think you should be able to hire only some low-level troops from other factions.The AOR barracks is a good solution for this. Since, the factions are many (), i am not sure if the AOR is helpful for all of them or if there could any changes.

I can't vote on this poll, i don't agree with either option.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    I think you should be able to hire only some low-level troops from other factions.The AOR barracks is a good solution for this. Since, the factions are many (), i am not sure if the AOR is helpful for all of them or if there could any changes.

I can't vote on this poll, i don't agree with either option.
    I love the AOR option, it's a reminder of Europa Barbarorum mod from Rome 1, there you could choose the path of the culture in the settlement, you want it to produce your own units, or units of the conquered, all by controlling the government type. Annexed region, allied tribe etc.

I was just a bit dissatisfied to see in all Macedonia and Greece only that lousy spearmen unit ... Even only levy phalanx would have sufficed

So far im satisfied with AOR in Scytian, Germanic and Indian lands, cause that's all that i conquered.

So... There is no low-level phalanx being recruitable by AoR?

Civis

NO!