Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

I already won by that account. Also, on topic, an average regular Jous on the Imperium has 1000% more chances of ever getting laid that the centuries old battlebrother.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I already won by that account. Also, on topic, an average regular Jous on the Imperium has 1000% more chances of ever getting laid that the centuries old battlebrother.
    What if I prefer battle frenzy than getting laid?

And even a Space Marine can continue a life of trolling

Before his induction into the Space Wolves, Lukas was a near-legendary figure amongst Fenris's womanfolk, famous for sharing a dozen beds in a single night. Following his induction, he has gained something of a cult following amongst the Blood Claws after "accidentally" locking an Inquisitorial genotax delegation in a grox breeding pen while the creatures were in season, and risking death when he spiked the arrogant Wolf Lord Hrothgar's ale with the concentrated venom of a bloat-toad. Amongst his famous exploits are faking a series of transmissions that led directly to an Ork civil war, infecting a traitor cell of the Adeptus Mechanicus with their own necrovirus, and luring a lord of the Word Bearers into making planetfall upon thin ice, resulting in hundreds of Traitor Marines plunging to their death into the Sea of Lost Souls. He was also the only man to best a chameleonic Doppelgangrel, and wears its skin to this day.

Arguably Lukas' finest moment was in 999 M41, when he and his Blood Claw pack were banished by Wolf Lord Dvorjac to the Elixir system, which was coming under attack from Waaagh! Megamek. The Orks' Warboss, Megamek, was a mechanical genius as well as a warlord, and the Ork horde was equipped with a huge fleet of Stompas, Dreadnoughts, and Gargants of all shapes and sizes. Instead of attacking the Orks head on, Lukas studied all available data on the planet, and discovered an ancient Climatrope at the world's arctic pole. Lukas and his Blood Claws performed a jump pack assault into the Climatrope, and then altered its programming to lower the planet's temperature to freezing levels. A few weeks later, when Lord Dvorjac and his Great Company arrived in the Elixir system to combat the threat, they found the Orks crippled, and their fleet of war machines severely damaged, by the freezing temperatures in which Space Wolves are quite comfortable making war.

Lukas was only once bested, during an abortive attempt to cripple the flagship of the Dark Eldar Prince Sliscus, wherein one of his two hearts was cut out as a souvenir and he was set adrift in space - an ordeal that only a Space Marine could survive, and only Lukas could laugh about. Lukas later had a Stasis Bomb wired in place of his secondary heart, so that when his primary heart stops beating, he and the one who finally bests him will be frozen in time as a gruesome and eternal monument to his own glory - giving Lukas the last laugh after all
    Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

Well SM' sexuality was explained in one of the books of A Space Marines Battles Novels series ,written circa 2012 .
    so BL has decided to solve the matter for once .

Of course, Marines could have been into bdSM and many of them are ,mostly they like to be hurt a lot * ,but some like to inflict pain .
    But ,no, they're rendered sterile and asexual by the transformation procedure . No pain no gain ,lads and lasses .

*Iron Fists , Salamanders
    Last edited by Edelfred; December 22, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

Believe you what? In fact even in current fluffs it has been noted only few chapters actually worship Emperor as a deity (in the novel "Legion of the Damned" Excoriators have spent one chapter ranting why Imperial ignorants worship Emperor as a deity); unfortunately the practice of worshipping Emperor as deity among Space Marine chapters seems is a relic that left over by Word Bearers, and even more strange it seems more wide-spread in later founding.
    Well the Word Bearers were exactly what I was talking about in the first place when I mentioned that the Emperor failed to stamp out religious sentiment among the Space Marines. They were largely responsible for the Horus Heresy by manipulating humankind's repressed religious feelings. And out the other Traitor Legions, except arguably Night Lords and Iron Warriors, have completely given themselves over into worship of some Chaos deity or a pantheon thereof. And not to mention countless other chapters who fell in a similar way after that. Even more or less secular Imperium-loyal Chapters, while still in the norm, practice some sort of combination of Primarch/Emperor worship, rather than the Crusade era atheistic Imperial Truth, believing in which would probably put them under scrutiny of the Inquisition.

Nope, it is well-known even with today's medical knowledge that sexual desire is controlled by one part of our brain, and damage of that section would cause disappearance of sexual desire. Such brain surgery does exist as part of SM training, although it is "prefered" to use hypnotherapy. Some chapters, such as Soul Drinkers after First Civil War, is known to run into trouble due to lack of hypnotherapy, suggests hypnotherapy is used as some sore of mind control on SM.
    Where did you read that? Your interpretation makes it sound suspiciously as if it were another piece of news headline making trash science. Yes, every day for the past 30 years I've read that tomorrow we'll have flying cars, power armored suits, free energy, cure for cancer and life extension towards 1000 years, based on some scientific factoid that some researchers discovered and that was picked up and blown out of proportion by the news media. Unless you offer me the informed, qualified opinion of a practicing neuroscientist, I would not hold this opinion in quite the same way that you do. Yes it is quite plausible that there are areas in the human brain, which if chemically or surgically tampered with, would result in diminishment of certain behaviors associated with them. But this does not exclude the possibility that the removal will result in serious neurological and psychological side effects, which are undesirable for the creation of a class of hyper-intelligent super soldiers. From the perspective of 40k lore, it might also be plausible that some chapters do undergo such extremes in their quest for purity (possibly the more Mechanicus aligned ones). But I might also argue that most chapters would not go as far as removing sections of the brain regulating sexual activity, because it might violate their belief in the sanctity of the human body or something like that.
    Last edited by Carl Jung was right; December 30, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sanctity of the human body? These are the dudes who lobotomized criminals to make them servitors.

And frequently replace body parts with cybernetics among the biological alterations they make. They also follow the leadership of a rotten vegetable tied to a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    And frequently replace body parts with cybernetics among the biological alterations they make.
    One quote can summarize all.

"Flesh Is Weak!" - Iron Hands battle motto
    The heavy use of bionic make Iron Hands some of most physically strong SM in Imperium, for example some Iron Hands can duel-wield bolters without problem.

Which actually brings the question - if cyborg marines are stronger why not mass produce them instead go through painful genetic production of SM?

They also follow the leadership of a rotten vegetable tied to a chair.
    There are two issues about that statement:

1. Veggie cannot give leadership.

2. Mechanicus does not worship Emperor as deity nor they consider Emperor as their leader; there are enough BL works suggests Mechanicus did consider Machine God and Omnissiah are different. Furthermore, "Machine Spirit" may not strictly AI we know and it may connect with Machine God/Void Dragon's ability to control machines.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

He had guidelines before he was a vegetable. They've just done a poor job of following it because a vegetable isn't a attentive leader over a few thousand years, easy for the children to get confused. Doesn't really make the vegetable any less of a leader. Just an uninvolved one.
    At no point did my disparaging remark about the Emperor mention worship so how is the second part even an issue? He is tied to a chair more or less.

At no point did my disparaging remark about the Emperor mention worship so how is the second part even an issue? He is tied to a chair more or less.
    Mechanicus believes their "leader" is Machine God; at least in Ciaphas Cain series it is implied both Cain and Inquisition are aware this "Machine God" probably is not Emperor and Cain's distrust towards cog boys is partly due to this reason. Consider Mechanicus does not think Emperor as their leader (secretly) it is inaccurate to say veggie on chair provides "leadership" to Mechanicus.

But we're talking about Space Marines aren't we? Not including the heinous taint of chaos ones. By and large the majority of the SM chapters follow the veggie chairs often distorted antiquated will.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I was never a fan of the rampant retcon and fluff-massaging that GW put the 40k theme through over and over since 1991. It's their product, and they can do with it what they want. But I prefer the Space Marines as first conceived, more mortal, drinkers of beer, lovers of life as well as war. I can't see how anyone would find inspiration in the whole eight foot tall, immortal eunuch thing their writers later dreamed up. I find it a bit twisted and unsympathetic.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I seem to have skimmed over this little jewel in the op when responding:

For what I reply, get help.
    It's pretty obvious the guy has issues with women if this other post I found is an indication:

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101
    Confront her, girls these days are very sluty. Many females care about penis size and many will get with other men just for the experience of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    I was never a fan of the rampant retcon and fluff-massaging that GW put the 40k theme through over and over since 1991. It's their product, and they can do with it what they want. But I prefer the Space Marines as first conceived, more mortal, drinkers of beer, lovers of life as well as war. I can't see how anyone would find inspiration in the whole eight foot tall, immortal eunuch thing their writers later dreamed up. I find it a bit twisted and unsympathetic.
    Its to make their space marines different than all the other space marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    I am no Lore expert, I assume there should be some proper females on their ships that they have sex with between worlds. They are probably educated females who are proper with class unlike most females today. They would have quarters on the ships separate from the Space Marine section. Space Marines probably have 18 hour training shifts a day and don't need much sleep, 5 hours to spend time with a female and then they sleep for 1. They would probably spend their days being educated and doing things that girls like to do. They would be like space nuns who would not remain virgins.

Space Marines enter a period of dreamless "sleep" for 2 hours each day, but this is only to avoid insanity and to allow them to contemplate their duties to the Emperor, they can go extended periods of time without sleep. Those two hours are essentially the only time they have to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    Space Marines enter a period of dreamless "sleep" for 2 hours each day, but this is only to avoid insanity and to allow them to contemplate their duties to the Emperor, they can go extended periods of time without sleep. Those two hours are essentially the only time they have to themselves.
    It is 4 hours, and the purpose is to give their brain some rest to prevent physical damage.

Because their brains keep being human after all, augmented but human, or at least you could say they come from a human

In real life you can die of sleep privation, I think that an Space Marine could too either die or go mad given their resilience. Granted they have that thing that makes them need a lot less of sleep and go on for days (or was it weeks?) without sleep, yet the need is still there, simply reduced (just as it might happen to their sex drive). This fits their role perfectly, they are meant to take part on lighting strikes and relative quickly operations subsiding armies and even whole planets in a single tactical move, not for long, protracted battles and/or campaigns. And in the case they are on long campaigns they are not to be expected remain years without a bit of sleep.

This got me curious, which is the longest an space marine has remained awake? I think a really tough one could remain perhaps like a year or something before showing symptoms of craziness.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 17, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

72 weeks I think.

Warhammer 40k wikia tell us that:

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer 40k wikia
    "The longest any Space Marine has ever been on active combat duty without rest is 328 hours, achieved by a squad of the Crimson Fists' Kill-team during the battle against the Orks for Rynn's World."
    That would be a little less than two weeks, impressive as it is, I'm rather disappointed. However this is for combat duty, perhaps some other has remained longer in a meditation or something.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 17, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Wait, 72 days. Or weeks. 72 something...

The geneseed Catalepsean Node can only be used effectively with extensive training; in theory it would allow two weeks without sleep but that heavily depending on the training of each individual SM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast