Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

Slaanesh seeks all pleasures and sensations from his followers.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

There are good reasons why Slaanesh is weakest among all Chaos Gods, and be weak means it has least amount of followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    There are good reasons why Slaanesh is weakest among all Chaos Gods,
    There's only one: the youth of Slaanesh.

and be weak means it has least amount of followers.
    Not for long. Slaanesh is arguably the most suitable god for the human condition in the Imperium, Slaaneshi cults (unlike khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle) can remain hidden for far longer, because they don't have the same urge for blatant violence as Khorne, the same thirst for political power as Tzeentchian cults, or the more obvious mutations as Nurgle. Slaanesh is the patron of swordsmen, artists, muses, tavern owners/customers, dancers, architects, singers, art collectors, writers, musicians etc. whether they know it or not, this gives Slaanesh hidden/dormant power that can only get stronger.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Is don't get it how is Slaanesh weakest in terms of follower numbers . I mean he's ways are the least violent and they appeal to practically any being for any kind of feeling of satisfaction .Seriously how many times a human thinks about good food,sex or drink and compare it to how many times it thinks about splitting apart space marine skulls ?
    As Himster pointed out ,Slaneesh cults can also be hidden a LOT longer simply because of the lack of people being killed or any kind of violent,chaotic evens .

Honestly I don't get the Tzeentch thing , how there are any any Tzeentch cults existing ,Tzeentch servants always seemed to me as extremely power thirsty,arrogant and backstabbing .Basically lone wolves with a thing for power .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; December 09, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Honestly I don't get the Tzeentch thing , how there be any Tzeentch cults ,Tzeentch servants always seemed to me as extremely power thirsty,arrogant and backstabbing .Basically lone wolves with a thing for power
    Lone wolves who can convince others, who may be knowingly complying or perhaps, totally ignorant of the implications of their actions. In fantasy it is the cults of Tzeentch who are most powerful in the Empire because of this, their military power coming from trickery, mind-control and rabble-rousing with enchanted speaches. In 40k it's different, but not much different.
    I've often argued for Tzeentch being the most powerful of the chaos gods, being the absolute embodiment of change itself, the puppet-master pulling the strings of his less intelligent brothers, while his champions do the same on a smaller scale.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    Is don't get it how is Slaanesh weakest in terms of follower numbers . I mean he's ways are the least violent and they appeal to practically any being for any kind of feeling of satisfaction.
    Luxuary does not jump out from void, and to get those you have to be violent - which means you fall into Khorne's domain even before becoming a Slaaneshi.

As Himster pointed out ,Slaneesh cults can also be hidden a LOT longer simply because of the lack of people being killed or any kind of violent,chaotic evens.
    Nope, Slaanesh cults always try to do weird stuffs to get high, hence they are quite easy to be found out unlike Tzeentch cults.

Honestly I don't get the Tzeentch thing , how there be any Tzeentch cults ,Tzeentch servants always seemed to me as extremely power thirsty,arrogant and backstabbing .Basically lone wolves with a thing for power .
    Nope, Tzeentch's domain is "Hope" - basically when you have hope you are powering Tzeentch, just like despair power up Nurgle. Similarly, if you commit violence or be treated violently you power up Khorne, regardless what cause. It is in this condition that regardless what cause you had, good or bad, you all help Chaos in the end. For example, assumes you are an Imperium citizen you always have "hope" (power up Tzeentch) that Emperor would one day wake up and lead Imperium into another golden age; then, suddenly one day Necrons show up from no where and try to exterminate your planet. With no hope to survive, you fall into "despair" (power up Nurgle) for days, until Necrons knock your door and blast you with a gauss weapon (power up Khorne).

Which probably why Slaanesh is weakest as its power base require more complicated process - unless you can get high when Tyranid eat you for breakfast (possible for Slaaneshi though) - oh, but the violent energy Tyranid inflicted on you still go to Khorne, sorry.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; December 09, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

I'm pretty sure more Imperials are boning women,enjoying food and drink then being killed ,killing or desperate .

IZob's Avatar Citizen

LIIIIIIEEEEEEEE, Khornate do not waste time on pointless actions including sex!!!
    Ok well they are another exception.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I don't think there's any sentient being alive that could survive sex with a Space Marine. Except for the orks, but who wants to bed them.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Not an expert on Lore but Orks have no sexual organs and are grown in Eggs, I never saw an Ork female in Warhammer. Judging from the Reptilian eyes with those orks, must have been some genetically Engineered Warrior race with Reptilian DNA.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Actually, orks are a type of fungas, grown from the spores of dead orks.

In the good old days there were female Orks actually.

In the good old days there were female Orks actually.
    Used to be squats too. But look what happened to them.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

[QUOTE=Manco;13438395]Your personal sexual fantasies aren't really lore.

[QUOTE]

Sums up the thread really

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Hahaha... lo and behold!

For what I have gathered of many, many, many an hour wasted reading and looking for useless info about a fictional place.

The average space marine could probably have sex, emphasis in could, but probably doesn't. Most likely out of lack of time and interest in sex. They are trained with truckloads of hypnotic therapy focusing them on their combat duties and the protection of the Imperium of Man.

Physiologically it could be possible. There's nothing indicating the sexual organ of the SM would grow along the rest of the body, since the penis is not a muscle or bone but spongy tissue, so it wouldn't be affected by any of the treatments and implants. And as killing the enemies of the empire with flesh hammers or ing them into submission would not be a valid or effective combat tactic, most likely than not, the techpriests simply leave the penises alone.

Maybe having a double (or was it triple?) heart and a improved vascular system would help you to stave off erectile dysfunction for much longer, and given this guys average age is counted on centuries that might come handy. At best the higher blood pressure or whatever could help a slightly bigger erection, but having said that, the average battle brother naked would probably look hilariously disproportionated wagging around what is seemingly a microscopic dong in proportion to their bodies.

Now, as I said before, psychologically is another completely different thing. They might have a dormant or even normal sex drive but it is probably tunned down or entirely overridden by psychotherapy, training, more important things at hand, lack of time, drugs or whatever.

As for the chaos cults more prone to be discovered? I would say, in order, Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

As Khorne cults would be pretty obvious, ax crazy jerks screaming idiotic chants of "Main, purge, kill..." and "blood for the blood god" would be shortly in the streets after its creation. One would thing this kind of cult would be also the rarest among the Imperium, rather being formed on the battlefield and going along the traitor legions or simply being wasted on a orgy of violence and bloodshed, their goal not surviving but shedding as much blood as possible in the most violent manners.

The effects of Nurgle ones could pass as a "natural" plagues for so much.

Slaanesh cults, not necessarily need to be violent to get stuff, I read about imperial nobility turning into such cults out of boredom, however this is the god not only of sex and drugs but all desires and it's fulfillment to excess, violence, greed and other things would probably fulfill this niche, as long they serve to please the senses, so murdering somebody out of pleasure by any means (violent or even not violent ones like poisoning), not for the sake of violence could fit this trope. Of course eventually, as the desires are satiated new ones arise, in a ever increasing manner that lastly forces the cult to go over board and that's when they are get with their pants down, quite literally in most cases.

Lastly, given the nature of Tzeentch, this cults probably ought to be carefully to avoid being discover, unless that's just part of the plan, but most of the time they could seem like a regular coup until you grow that sixth finger and daemons start appearing and eating people's heads on the planet.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; December 16, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

To the assumptions made in this thread (and they are for the most part assumptions), I shall add a few of my own.

1. A space marine's life is about prayer, discipline, and obedience to the Imperial hierarchy. When your entire view on existence consists of anxiously meeting the next ugly alien mug to shove your power fist into, sex doesn't factor in very well.
    2. Chaos Space Marines on the other hand, can do whatever they want, and indulge in whatever they want. That is one of the perks of turning to Chaos.
    3. Space Marine Chapter traditions are as varied as you can possibly think of. It's entirely plausible that some, like Iron Hands, surgically remove any organs of human weakness, while others leave them in, to preserve themselves "as the Emperor made them".
    4. Rising from above assumption, because Space Marines arise from differing warrior cultures and societies, it's highly likely that their customs and habits regarding interpersonal relationships remain unchanged with their induction to spacemarinehood. I strongly doubt the likes of Space Wolves or White Scars are really that committed to chastity and moral purity.
    5. Given males living in very close proximity for very long period of time in a warrior society environment, homosexuality is likely not uncommon. There is no record (or reason) for Ecclesiarchy to condemn same sex relationships, and I would reckon the Emperor almost certainly tolerated them. Keep in mind that even among the holiest of religious organizations within Ancient Terra, the human sexual impulse was never entirely suppressed, no matter how strictly its official mandates prohibited it.
    6. In 40k lore, what has been surgically removed can be surgically replaced, enhanced, or even added anew.
    Honestly I don't get the Tzeentch thing , how there be any Tzeentch cults ,Tzeentch servants always seemed to me as extremely power thirsty,arrogant and backstabbing .Basically lone wolves with a thing for power

I don't understand why you're surprised at that. Throughout history, most political leaders were psychopaths that drove their followers to their deaths without so much as a thought about them, with the latter foolishly thinking that he had their best interests at heart. People are naturally attracted to sociopaths, and they too often fall for illogical excuses and outrageous lies that the sociopath uses to manipulate them on the basis of the confidence and empathy they feel towards him. It's the same how a woman loves the violent, cheating drunk of a husband, so do a people tolerate, and even support an injust and morally corrupt social system, using reasonings that could only have been made by one who has no empathy towards fellow human beings and only love for himself and his ends. In fact out of all the 40k chaos pantheon, I find that of Tzeentch to be the most frighteningly plausible, a view reinforced by both history and daily news.
    Last edited by Carl Jung was right; December 16, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Oh how to forget the boy on boy love! This could probably happen to, as much if not more likely of them having sex with a woman, the only thing that would prevent this from happening is basically the same thing that prevents sex with females, the indoctrination.

One would argue that it would be harder to have sex with a female since that could only happen when they are deployed and when they are deployed they are freakishly busy. And that having sex with a battle brother would be easier because they are together all the time. However given that in a space marine ship or base of operations there are amounts of chapter serfs at any given time, one can't rule out some of those serfs to be female.

In fact the only place where SM would be all by themselves would be when deployed for tactical strikes, usually in places like space hulks and strikes behind enemy lines.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

The thing is SM probably don't even have any sexual attractions. They were sorta converted when they were to young for that sort of thing.

In reality all is speculation of what would be, a sort of "what if" that scenario where real. There's no cannon answer on this, because even when it's a game where you rip out the guts of another with a chainsaw, god forbid it shows some sex. I have never quiet understood all the tabú around sex, when violence winch is far more dangerous and negative is celebrated and displayed with proud.

Oh there's plenty of sex, but only in imperial guard novels. In Space Marine ones, zero mention of it, nada, zip.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast