Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

Icon4 Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

I am no Lore expert, I assume there should be some proper females on their ships that they have sex with between worlds. They are probably educated females who are proper with class unlike most females today. They would have quarters on the ships separate from the Space Marine section. Space Marines probably have 18 hour training shifts a day and don't need much sleep, 5 hours to spend time with a female and then they sleep for 1. They would probably spend their days being educated and doing things that girls like to do. They would be like space nuns who would not remain virgins.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Do Space Marines Ever Have Sexual Relations?

Nope, it is highly possible Space Marines' sexual desire is "shut down" mentally or/and physically during creation. In fact some Black Library works suggest that hypnotherapy, which uses as part of training, has purpose to do somesore of mind control/brain wash to prevent some dangerous behavior, such as free thinking ().
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; November 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Gather around childern, its time to talk sex, sex in warhammer 40k...

On Space Marines, it seems, yes, in the distant past, though as time moved it has been dropped. Do they? we do not know, as its never mentioned anymore. GW has toned down on allot of things, sex being one of them. So, I would say, to be safe, yes they can, or even do, but its such a low thought of thing, it is probably a rare thing.

On what you said, it seems Marines traveling in space just train, pray, or meditate/hibernate(if they have the seed plant for it) for many long hours. So, when you think of Space Marines now, think of them as Holy Knight Templar's in space, who are zealots, with only one drive, to serve Mankind. Self pleasure is not something that can be done, as it would(well could) lead to she who thirsts.

In case this was a follow up question, ill go on and leave this here.
    Now, with this said, they are not alone, orks reproduce via spores, nids about the same. Necrons used to be able to reproduce via making new necrons out of humans, but now I think its gone, so they repair the already existing ones, or don't. The Eldar, craftworld, seem to go back and fourth with it being for both pleasure and reproduction, to it just being for reproduction, but as their mind is so alien, perhaps "getting some" once every hundred years or so, is considered allot. Dark Eldar, yes, but its rare too, as they fear each other about as much if not more then they envoy each other(though with slaves, I am sure it happens allot, and it does not have to just be human slaves, anyone, including a fellow eldar could become a slave), other then that, they use tubes to create more. The Tau, seem to be more or less forced to keep it in their pants, till the, its either the mating ritual or something, takes place, then they get to do so to have kids. I am sure it happens, but it seems that for the most, the Tau closest to Tau(the planet) are following the space marines in training, and discipline. Sisters are not as hardcore as the marines, as there was some BL book, that showed a sister leaving, I think another commissar's tent(at odd hours ), and the Guard are, well us in space, so lots of it, if they can help it
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Pretty sure what's "down there" isn't used for sex anymore.

Unless its a Chaos Space Marine, and even then...you just never know... but, thats why their chaos.
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Decius101 View Post
    I am no Lore expert, I assume there should be some proper females on their ships that they have sex with between worlds. They are probably educated females who are proper with class unlike most females today. They would have quarters on the ships separate from the Space Marine section. Space Marines probably have 18 hour training shifts a day and don't need much sleep, 5 hours to spend time with a female and then they sleep for 1. They would probably spend their days being educated and doing things that girls like to do. They would be like space nuns who would not remain virgins.
    Your personal sexual fantasies aren't really lore.

Anyway, Ragnar from the Space Wolves had some 'feelings' for a woman while being a SM in one of the books, but it's never really explored.
    Haven't read any HH era books recently enough to remember any examples
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

W40k writers seem to not be very familiar or comfortable around the the subject of sex .

Lie!! Sex is an important part in Ciaphas Cain's adventure!!
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

The Alcotroll's Avatar Campidoctor
    The People's Democratic Republic of Lancashire.

This thread is gold dust, and has amply rewarded my idle browsing.

My GW days are far behind me, but I always just assumed that Space Marines are basically monks in space (with guns). Therefore, no sex- just lots of stern-faced training and saying of prayers.

Of course, given that they're supposed to be eight-foot giants on steroids, I imagine they'd have to have an equally-proportioned partner for their more... amorous activities. Or a really good gynecologist.

As for you, OP: I recommend a wash, a shave (assuming you can) and a clean shirt, followed by a trip to the nearest pub, where you will find plenty of 'females' to talk to- some of whom may indeed turn out to be
    proper class
    I always find that if you pretend to be interested in what they have to say, they're much more friendly.

Indefinitely Banned

No, they don't because they don't need to. Space marine recruits come from normal human populations.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Lie!! Sex is an important part in Ciaphas Cain's adventure!!
    Such a fun character to read about. I suppose I should try one of his books sometime.

Well...seeing as how we are on the subject, there is a maybe, as a faction of Chaos Space Marines force fed the stuff that makes one into a space marine to women, in order to turn them into living space marine makers. They just shove boys into these things, and in x time, out pops a brand new fully grown chaos space marine...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Daem...a#.Upq5YOLwbhI

It is possible some "civilian-friendly" chapters (Salamanders, Space Wolves, etc) have this weird feeling towards women, but most time common Space Marines don't. However it is notable that many servitors in Space Marine chapter have family and in some novels the position of servitor in a chapter is passed down by parents to children.

I don't really see how a space marine could even have safe intercourse with any woman, unless said woman was an ogryn...
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Shadow141's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    and in some novels the position of servitor in a chapter is passed down by parents to children.
    In what novels? Because servitors are mindless and have only rudimentary function. As I know they are reprogrammed by Tech Priests because of the crimes against Mechanicus.

About Space Marines and sex I do not think that they are able to do that. Because they are much larger than normal men so it would be physically not possible

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think he meant serf.

In one of the HH short stories, based around the Emperors Children, it mentions that when the chapter descended to chaos, Slaanesh awoke certain desires within them. Whether those are sexual or not is never confirmed, as it could well be they simply meant other hedonistic pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by SinerAthin View Post
    I don't really see how a space marine could even have safe intercourse with any woman, unless said woman was an ogryn...
    Empire has created a small army of super-hookers using similar methods as they use for Space Marines, known as the Adeptas Sororitas. This is why they dress as a platemail nun prostitute instead of wearing functional pieces. /sarcasm

Anyway, Space Wolves and probably any Slaaneshi or united-chaos Chaos Marines have sex. Other chapters have non-working junk or jack-off to the emperor instead.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard."
    "Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Even though 40k lore doesn't mention this topic, I think its safe to assume SM cannot have sex. For reasons: it's not possible - their "equipment" is removed or replaced with something ... better? Their training - re-education, and its probably not allowed. Like someone said, Monks in Space. But with guns and a hatred of all things non-human.

Much the same for the SoB, Grey Knights.

Everyone else (bar the Necrons) most likely has sex, or some sort of reproduction. Even Chaos, though I would call that rape or something else...

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Even Chaos, though I would call that rape or something else...
    LIIIIIIEEEEEEEE, Khornate do not waste time on pointless actions including sex!!!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast