Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.7 (Updated Feb 20)

Can you incrementally double the edicts in the game? I think the edicts are under shown in the game but I think the army system is more realistic for the late empire. I cannot wait until you find a person to make models for units and add some more realism to units. Also have you ever thought of asking hellas reformed modder so that Roman infantry can form wedges and other formations?
    Last edited by Garibaldi; February 25, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Hi,
    Just stoping by to say this mod has so much potential. It's already a lot of fun. Hope to see more of it soon : )

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Great mod, already a great gaming experience, especially on the campaign map.

The potential this mod still has is fantastic, this is of course no competition, but from a personal standpoint I think I'll probably like this mod even better than DeI when both are at 1.0.

There are 3 things I would suggest though and love to see ingame:

1) Removing artillery weapons from 'barbaric' factions. I was attacked a by a stack of picts in Britain that had 4 giants ballistas, my legion got pulverized in 3 minutes....i addition, from a historical standpoint I don't think barbaric factions should have artillery, especially not heavy artillery.

2) Adding more abilities to roman units, like shield wall, defensive testudo, square, fulcum etc. I think all of these tactics were used during that time period and are available in Rome II, so they should be in. Oh and please remove 'use the whip' it's just nonsense by the CA

3) 'Chi-Rho' shield patterns for Constantines legions. There is historical evidence they used it, the whole 'Constantine becomes a Christian etc'. Plus it would distuinguish Constantine's legions greatly from the other 3 Roman factions during the inevitable inter-Roman wars.

Just my two cents, great mod. Love playing it. I think the first 2 proposals should be quite easy to implement.

Cheers Dresden and thank you for everything you're doing for the Rome II community!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Great mod, already a great gaming experience, especially on the campaign map.

The potential this mod still has is fantastic, this is of course no competition, but from a personal standpoint I think I'll probably like this mod even better than DeI when both are at 1.0.

There are 3 things I would suggest though and love to see ingame:

1) Removing artillery weapons from 'barbaric' factions. I was attacked a by a stack of picts in Britain that had 4 giants ballistas, my legion got pulverized in 3 minutes....i addition, from a historical standpoint I don't think barbaric factions should have artillery, especially not heavy artillery.

2) Adding more abilities to roman units, like shield wall, defensive testudo, square, fulcum etc. I think all of these tactics were used during that time period and are available in Rome II, so they should be in. Oh and please remove 'use the whip' it's just nonsense by the CA

3) 'Chi-Rho' shield patterns for Constantines legions. There is historical evidence they used it, the whole 'Constantine becomes a Christian etc'. Plus it would distuinguish Constantine's legions greatly from the other 3 Roman factions during the inevitable inter-Roman wars.

Just my two cents, great mod. Love playing it. I think the first 2 proposals should be quite easy to implement.

Cheers Dresden and thank you for everything you're doing for the Rome II community!
    Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always highly appreciated.

1. This is a good point, they should at least not have the heavier stuff.
    2. I definitely agree about the formations and abilities, I haven't changed anything in that regard so I need to look into it.
    3. The shield patterns, I would have to get off my rear and finally start working on textures. It is a possibility, though. The only thing I will say is that I am not sure he used it at the time this mod starts. Perhaps I could have his reformed units use them...

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I know you're very busy with D.e.I. and the new project you've started Dresden, but please continue to work on this mod. This is a plea from a huge fan of this mod, it's also my favourite tme period in Roman History.

I hope you can go all the way to V1.0....timewise.

Cheers

Just for you bobbyr!

Update
    - Added new formations for Roman units.
    - Removed larger artillery for Barbarian factions.

(Once I get an understanding of textures, I will probably add in the Chi-rho pattern for Constantines reformed final units).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Just for you bobbyr!

Update
    - Added new formations for Roman units.
    - Removed larger artillery for Barbarian factions.

(Once I get an understanding of textures, I will probably add in the Chi-rho pattern for Constantines reformed final units).
    Awesome!

I really appreciate it

This mod deserves a larger fanbase.

Given the amount of fans the late Roman Empire mods for Rome I have, this thread should be at page 29 by now.....I don't get it.

Indefinitely Banned

This mod looks good !

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    This mod looks good !
    It is ! First R2 overhaul mod set in a different timeframe. It's just awesome. It deserves more press.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Has anyone updated the unit cards to the units from vanilla?

Is this mod compatible with patch 9.1 ;> ?

This mod should be compatible with 1.9.1 and 10 beta.

Just thought I'd give some feedback, maybe that might help you bring this wonderful mod to 1.0 : )

So I'm something like 15 years through a campaign with Constantinus Augustus (obviously the one true Emperor!). What I've noticed so far:

- A lot of units left from Vanilla are still being recruited by the AI (leves, rorari, velites etc.) or available in Garrison.
    - Whenever I recruit a new general/army and choose the cavalry unit as bodyguard I get some republican era cavalry men instead of a Comes.
    - I haven't been attack once by the pictes or the irish faction. Although I have left them alone, that would make sense to be hit by some barbarian raids every now and then.
    - The cavalry seems awfully fast on the battlefield.
    - The roman auxiliary roster is a bit dull.
    - It doesn't seem possible de recruit a 1st Cohort although I might be missing something here.

Those are the most pressing issues I can think of. Hope it helps although there's a chance you were already aware of things^^

Once again, it's already a great mod and yet it has so much more potential !

Quote Originally Posted by Timhawk View Post
    Just thought I'd give some feedback, maybe that might help you bring this wonderful mod to 1.0 : )

So I'm something like 15 years through a campaign with Constantinus Augustus (obviously the one true Emperor!). What I've noticed so far:

- A lot of units left from Vanilla are still being recruited by the AI (leves, rorari, velites etc.) or available in Garrison.
    - Whenever I recruit a new general/army and choose the cavalry unit as bodyguard I get some republican era cavalry men instead of a Comes.
    - I haven't been attack once by the pictes or the irish faction. Although I have left them alone, that would make sense to be hit by some barbarian raids every now and then.
    - The cavalry seems awfully fast on the battlefield.
    - The roman auxiliary roster is a bit dull.
    - It doesn't seem possible de recruit a 1st Cohort although I might be missing something here.

Those are the most pressing issues I can think of. Hope it helps although there's a chance you were already aware of things^^

Once again, it's already a great mod and yet it has so much more potential !
    Thank you for your feedback. It is always appreciated! I will look into the issues you raised when I get some more free time and see if I can't fix some of them.

Default Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.7 (Updated Feb 20)

Is there a list of compatible mods? Or has someone perhaps made a collection of mods on steam they're using with this. I was last playing with Toons AIO and some add ons, nearly 100 mods in all, I want to try this but not straight vanilla.

I started a campaign, it's very nice, well done! What are some mods everyone is using that work with this?

Mods that would work with this include:

TTT Character Overhaul
    Seasons Mod
    Any graphics-only mods
    UI mods
    Camera mods
    Unit packs
    Limited AI mods (like Superior Campaign AI)
    Limited battle mods (that only affect battles)

Updated for Seasons and Hannibal DLC

Foederatus

if been updated where is latest version sorry