Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (Patch 9)

The idea of a 311 AD campaign is great. Played about 30 turns as Constantinus and everything works well. Terrible state of economy, so that money went almost all there, but luckily Massentius did not attack. The only war was with the Ebedani and the people in Scotland, for they did not develop their armies to more than one full stack. Some suggestions: 1) the growth rate of regions in Gaul and Iberia seems to be too high, while keeping taxes at normal. If there are historical reasons, I don't know, but it seems strange that each turn a couple of towns can be expanded through new buildings. I liked it, anyway. 2) Some fleets are named "Classis ... garrison army", but the term 'army' does not seem proper for a fleet. 3) It does not seem realistic that Constantinus must be asked to raze or sack any city he conquers (expecially if they are Roman cities) in order to win. 4) After capturing all regions of Massentius and destroying all his armies and navies, his faction remains in the game as just a dignitary on a ship at the port of what was his last region. 5) As already noted by others, the battles at <hard> level, are too easy to win, in particular if one played the basic game with the DEL mod. 6) Perhaps, a small increase in aggressivity from other factions would improve the campaign. Apart from these issues, I liked very much the campaign and the units in it. I also used TTT and it works well. The mod is awesome and deserves some further adjustment at least for the campaign.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't worked on this mod in awhile and I need to get back to it at some point. I have been busy on other projects but I realize this mod needs some updates.

Hopefully I will have time soon!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

it just works on version 1.8?
    because it crashed for me
    i have Rome V1.7

It is for 1.9.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I love this mod ! An overhaul with a scenario based in a roman civil war is exactly what I need at the moment. Roman civil wars involved the rest of the world anyway and it gives a political backgtound ! Having those 4 big factions fighting since the beginning, with th independant barbarian factions around waiting for the empire to fall, it's perfect. Thx Dresden, once again you(ve brought some enthralling content.

Hey people, I'm looking for any battle, campaign or graphic mod compatible with Tetrarchy, any advice ?

I tried Close Combat which is very nice in terms of unit formatio but with an overhaul speed much too close to vanilla. And this mod works with Pdguru's retexture. For Kaziel's it's another story as I'm not sure how to have roman factions keep their colors.
    Last edited by Yerevan; February 08, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Umm, dumb question, how do I play this campaign? I have it downloaded and placed in the rome II data folder, but I'm not familiar with Rome II modding at all .

@Admiral When you launch the game the Launcher should show up you will see a tab that says Mod manager go to that and tick the mod that you have in the data folder and them click on launch game and it should work for you
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

For any interested people, this mod is really fun : you can begin the game with an already develloped faction and enter a direct war with 3 roman monster factions right away. No need to crawl in the sand box anymore.

I started as Constantine, my goal is to become the only emperor of a new Roman empire with christianism as the official religion. Just for this last thing, the 3 other roman factions will hate me. I started with a crippled economy as the rich roman colonies are all in the east and those are the breadbasket of the empire. For a while I just did economical reforms and consolidated the borders by alliance with the Franks, which could be usefull barbarians. In the meantime I could count on Maxentius megalomany to provoke war with all his neighbors and when I finally decided to attack him he was already weaken.

Now the road to Rome is open to my legions but in the east the purple roman faction (maximinus daia I guess) is becoming a giant. They have almost eaten Licinus and his legions of the Danube already. I think that as soon as I have control of Rome I should make a deal with the purple romans to divide the empire in two and consolidate my economy in the meantime and create a navy in order to attack them and reunite the future holy empire. Strangely this looks wuite like history ;-)

Like Gregor I think difficulty should be increased. But the two roman factions (constantine and maximinus daia) are way much easier than the two central one. I like that as histocal situations were not balanced. So I guess if someone needs challenge he should start with those.

Edit : Well that was before the last steam update. Forgot to turn auto-update off after I dled patch 9.

Dresden, if you read this, please could you update this mod ? It really deserve to be enjoyed by the R2 fans.
    Last edited by Yerevan; February 10, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

@Yerevan This should be working with the new patch, at least it does for me. It could be another mod you have that is not updated?

No, I unchecked all the other mods. I think I really have to verify the integrity of my game. I have been trying a lot of mods lately. Thx for the update anyway :-)

EDIT : I found the culprit, it was a sub mod which didn't appear in mod manager. Your mod definitively works with the new update.
    Last edited by Yerevan; February 11, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

To launch the game I had to unsubscribe all mods through steam and then subscribe again the updated version of Tetrarchy, which I use together with TTT. It works perfectly. I have just spotted a problem about victory conditions. If as Constantinus you want to satisfy the victory conditions, you have to <loot or raze ...> (... =here the number of cities), but in fact, if you loot, the city is not counted. It is counted only if you raze it. So the victory conditions should be modified into <raze ... cities>. But then, many buildings are gone even in Roman cities. As already noted, I doubt that, in historical reality, Constantinus razed almost any city he conquered. So, rather than correcting the way above, the correction could be one more historical. Moreover, some additions in strength to all Roman factions may perhaps be considered since, when as Constantinus I was ready to face them, they were already almost destroyed from barbarians and eastern factions. Thanks again to Dresden for this fantastic mod!

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

I'm enjoying this mod alot, I find starting in 300-200bc very dull (due to doing all that in rome 1) but this is totally fresh to me.

I'm playing as Maxentius (? the one in Italy) with him being the rightful emperor in my opinion. I've launched an attack on Constantine and it's going well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    To launch the game I had to unsubscribe all mods through steam and then subscribe again the updated version of Tetrarchy, which I use together with TTT. It works perfectly. I have just spotted a problem about victory conditions. If as Constantinus you want to satisfy the victory conditions, you have to <loot or raze ...> (... =here the number of cities), but in fact, if you loot, the city is not counted. It is counted only if you raze it. So the victory conditions should be modified into <raze ... cities>. But then, many buildings are gone even in Roman cities. As already noted, I doubt that, in historical reality, Constantinus razed almost any city he conquered. So, rather than correcting the way above, the correction could be one more historical. Moreover, some additions in strength to all Roman factions may perhaps be considered since, when as Constantinus I was ready to face them, they were already almost destroyed from barbarians and eastern factions. Thanks again to Dresden for this fantastic mod!
    Agree, and taking Rome should be in the victory conditions for Constantinus. It would be nice if factions had more personalized victory conditions and missions.

But I realise I haven't seen any mod with new missions, is it only possible to mod ?
    Last edited by Yerevan; February 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Any chance of having the Lombards playable??

Lombards are playable if you have the Caesar in Gaul DLC (nothing I can do about this, they are the Boii).

As far as Constantinus' victory conditions, you guys are right. I used the british conditions but I need to change them.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Psssshhht I just crushed Constantine, don't you worry about him

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.7 (Updated Feb 20)

Update (new campaign required to experience changes).
    - Fixed Carthage being playable.
    - Removed some previous diplomatic actions for removed factions (still working on this).
    - Fixed historical cultures of certain regions.
    - Fixed Goth Culture (now Celtic for gameplay reasons).
    - Fixed Roman faction victory conditions.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 20, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

if you resskinned Roman soldiers to look more real late Romans This would be best mod ever. Hope you will. I remember you did that late infantry helm model which was very good.

Anyway after trying hard to enjoy this mod with vanilla combat I just couldn't get into it because of the vanilla combat. I've made a small mod that improves on this aspect and makes combat more tactical.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=232096923

@Denco Very cool!