Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (Patch 8)

first of all, i made a youtube battle machinima using your mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMsaxUC53Y&hd=1

second, i would like to see somethind more: better and more realistic textures form roman armors and helmets, for example big round shields instead that oval shields, for 4th century especially. T helmet can be made? it would be cool. Then, units should have both spear and sword, and javelins, and i think this can be made using phalanx button which activates or disactivates the spear (instead than pike) as second weapon. I have seen guys holding a spear with 2 hands like a pike in the mod Bronze age, with big shield too, so i think it is possible. As helmets, if you cannot make a proper T helmet, you can make a simple 4th century helmet as you cna see here http://www.romanarmy.net/Latearmy.shtml
    You should add new units like roman cataphracti and Lanciarii, javelinmen who stayed behind first lines (who formed a shield wall) and threw javelins.
    Result woud be very cool

First of all sorry for my English, I'm German : )

I would like to play the mod, the problem is, all the texts are in German fore me and therefore wrong.

How can I as a German play the mod with the original English texts?

Thanks for the help: )

You need the english version of the game to see the new texts, unfortunately

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You need the english version of the game to see the new texts, unfortunately
    Is there no way for me to convert my German version into an English version?

I think there is a way in steam to change language versions of the game, but I could be wrong. I have never tried

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (Patch 9)

Updated to Patch 9 beta (Steam version still patch 8)

Dresden any chance of incorporating DeI battle mod, its impossible going back to vanilla battles.

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Probably not
    Damn, I can't try to combine them my self since PFM stopped working for me for some reason

Very nice!! I had literally just finished some pleasure re-reading about the battles between the Franks and the Muslims in Aquitaine in the 700's and was coming on here to post in the mod proposals about the 400-800 timeline and I saw this. While not the same era obviously it is closer.
    Downloading this now.

Any chance one day you might move the timeline forward more?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Dresden is on his way towards Barbarian Invasion!

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Hi!

Excellent idea of the development of this age.
    The Huns will not be playable factions?

@Wolves I doubt I will be moving the time frame, this is specifically about the Tetrarchy with Constantine. I am considering increasing the turns per year to make it more similar to the Caesar mini campaign.

@Tuhaj The Huns are playable, if you have the Nomads DLC.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 03, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Wow... Just... wow.

I didn't think we would see a mod like that so fast.
    I see you use 4tpy. Does it work with the mod that changes the map to have seasons?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Wow... Just... wow.

I didn't think we would see a mod like that so fast.
    I see you use 4tpy. Does it work with the mod that changes the map to have seasons?
    forza silvio berlusconi? free silvio? devi essere un idiota di quelli mondiali epici, mi piacerebbe conoscerti per ridere di te

dresden can you make more specific late empire roman units? the idea of the mod is good but units look so unhistorical. You could simply give them the new helmet asking the modder of Sassanid INvasion (helped by Suebi armed modder) and big round shields as the ones they used in that time period. Even Goths who were main enemies in that time look like dacians more than goths.

Yeah I realize the units need to be more historical. I haven't had much time lately to work on this mod.

I don't think the Sassanid Invasion mod is released yet, but hopefully the author will release soon.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

interesting

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by saschhd View Post
    Is there no way for me to convert my German version into an English version?
    Go to the mod data folder and get into "Data" folder. There you will find a file called language.txt. If you are german you will probably have written "DE", just change this text for "EN", and that's all, you will have your game in English. I'm Spanish and it worked perfectly in my case.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

If I can make a suggestion, I'd rename the Lombards to the Marcomanni. The Lombards were situated in northern Germany around present Berlin/Magdeburg/Brandenburg at the time and only migrated to the area of Czechoslovakia in the late 5th/6th century. Good luck with your mod!