Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (Patch 8)

I think it looks great When are you going to release it?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

maybe the next week

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.1 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

I would like to play a scenario with rome at its greatest extent, trying to expand further.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I think it looks great When are you going to release it?
    but if you only want the units I can release it earlier

This is an awesome mod. What an earlier poster said is true, who needs DLC when you have Dresden? This campaign offers MUCH re-playability and feels totally different from vanilla! Amazing!
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

you guys are ammazing+rep
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Great mod for additional and some quite fun and different playing time! Thank you Dresden for the invested time and effort.

Just came to say that Dresden, you sir are my favourite Rome 2 modder. There are always going to be unit editors and DB stuff, but you're doing the best things to Rome 2 (aside from Lucifer's GEM) that can be done with the tools available.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I made a new livestock pip, i thought it fitted the style of the other icons a little better.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Cool pip! I will have to include it in the next update if you give permission

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

But of course, i wouldn't have put it up if i didn't want you to use it
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Definitely liking your idea Dresden, however I have some suggestions. I think the Lombards should be replaced by the Quadi as the Lombards didn't show up till after the fall of the West Roman Empire. Another important faction would be the Alemanni which would sit in between the Franks and the Quadi north of the Alps. And finally while not necessary, the Saxons could be placed north of the Franks.

Oh and someone mentioned placing a Sarmatian tribe around the Dacia region...

Good luck on your project my friend!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

I just have a great campaign going on. Best campaign i played with rome 2 actualy. I startet as the Romans in Macedonia and Greece, and with the initial attack of the Italian and the eastern roman factions i lost a few settlements to the enemys (first time in rome!) Now i counquerd italia and areready to take asia minor. Got a few real nice battles so far.

One suggestion: Can you rename the roman Temples in something like: Church of St. Maria, Dome of Petrus, Chruch of the one god etc... And maybe you could change cultur to religion (latin = christian and barbarian = old goods or something like that)

Oh and with my 8.1 beta version i got the "native" units of the factions in custom battles, not the romans

Thank you for your Work so far!

I really want to incorporate Christianity in a way that actually has Romans choosing to be the original state religion or Christianity (since at this time it was still a struggle between faiths). However, there is no way to change your culture in game. Your idea of changing the temple names is a pretty interesting one, though. I was actually considering making Christian churches give certain bonuses but also give christian culture (which may cause public order problems). Anyway, if cultures become more moddable there would be some really interesting stuff to be done.

With the custom battles, I haven't added that back in yet. I had it in the patch 7 version but I have been working on other projects and need to add it back in.

Update:
    - Custom battles now include proper factions/units.
    - Added Christian church options for Roman factions.

Update:
    great! Thanks man!

Update:
    Are you aware of the problem where Constantine's faction can not build upper tier cultural buildings such as level four Shrine to Jupiter and Level four Gladiatorial games. I have not reached the ability technologically to build other level four tier buildings so I do not know if there is a problem for the other building too.

Are you referring to the resource requirement on those buildings? Or they just aren't showing up at all?

It said that I had the resources for them but it would not let me build them. I had the resources and the tech for it but it would not let me for some reason.

This is a very promising mod. Thanks for all the hard work. It really brings up the issue of civil war. It makes me want to experiment with scripting to see if I can get provinces to defect from one faction to another after a significant battle. Wars between Roman factions in that era were not decided by conquest of settlements, but by military victories in the field leading to changes of allegiance. This mechanism, if we could figure it out, would also be helpful in a bunch of other campaigns.