Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.5 (updated Roman textures)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

@RomanMutineer The Picts are a minor faction (normally not playable) so it is probably an issue in the game itself. I haven't done anything with ancillaries, have you tried using TTT with the mod?
    Hey Dresden

Thanks for the reply, im not using TTT, and when ive used the minor factions in your other mods (rhodes/armenia), the generals got ancilliaries no probs. I just wondered if it was a permissions table or something for the picts as youve made a new faction (albiet based on the Caledones)

Cheers.

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (new units for East/Germans)

They should be able to receive ancillaries of the british factions. I will look into it and see if I can fix it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ok it works, i had the Spartan Resurgent mod so i removed it, thanks . Are you going to add some more late roman cavalry unit such as the Clibinarii or Cataphracti ? I'm using the Late Roman Cavalry just to fill the gap but still

Roman factions can recruit both Eastern and Royal Cataphracts in Syria and Mesopotamia.

I may consider adding additional Roman main units also.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Dres, if you can finish this mod, i think it will be by far the most amazing so far mod for R2TW. Currently i am in the progress of playtesting it. My only problem so far was that the roman caligae aren't aligned with the model, so their front legs appears out of the boot, but i don't think that this is something that can't be fixed in a few minutes. Other than that, i think it's fine. If you need any research, feel free to use me, i'd be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Dres, if you can finish this mod, i think it will be by far the most amazing so far mod for R2TW. Currently i am in the progress of playtesting it. My only problem so far was that the roman caligae aren't aligned with the model, so their front legs appears out of the boot, but i don't think that this is something that can't be fixed in a few minutes. Other than that, i think it's fine. If you need any research, feel free to use me, i'd be glad to help.

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't noticed that about the boots. I had to use eastern boots to get pants for the legions, since 4th century AD had different uniforms. I am not sure if I can change the model or not.

Please continue to give any feedback you find. I can probably use help with renaming eastern and german units as I don't have much experience in those areas.

I think you can use some parts of the barbarian factions models in order to get what you want. I'll make some quick research to see just how did Legionaries (can we still call them that at Licinius times?) looked like in comparison with their BC counterparts.

Yeah even though it's a bit later than 311AD, i think you should be looking for something like this

Cavalryman:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Infantryman

Notice the differences

An evolution of the legion

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Definitely keeping an eye on this one, watching as the accuracy improves and the campaign expands.

Taullis's Avatar Libertus

Dresden,

Just wanted to make you aware of some work I've been doing concurrently for a similar era. Might prove useful once both our mods are completed.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...quot-Unit-Pack
    Last edited by Taullis; December 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

@Taullis Love it! I absolutely would be very happy to work with you, I am not experienced in doing new textures at all. It would greatly enhance the mod and I could use the help. I am also not very knowledgeable about late roman unit names etc.

Taullis's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Taullis Love it! I absolutely would be very happy to work with you, I am not experienced in doing new textures at all. It would greatly enhance the mod and I could use the help. I am also not very knowledgeable about late roman unit names etc.

I think both projects would go together very nicely. However, since I am so busy with school, I don't want to slow you down by making you wait for my mod. When mine is complete we can talk integration, but don't put your project on hold.

It's okay, there is no rush. This project is pretty much at its end point in terms of campaign map changes anyway. I may do some tweaks and additions but I am also waiting to see if the Caesar DLC breaks it.

hey I had a question, is it possible to add the color changed units (for the romans obviously), to the roman faction in the vanilla?
    you could name each colored infantry according to the old rome factions for example:
    Senate *insert unit name* (purple)
    Cornelia *insert unit name* (blue)
    Junia *insert unit name* (green)
    Julia *insert unit name* (red)

and you could assign these color coded units to a different barracks, for example "Junia Barracks" recruits the green roman units and the Julia "Barracks" recruits the Red ones.
    I realize instead of Green you have the black colored units but I think such a mod idea would get all the old school guys pretty stoked and it adds more immersion IMO.

Interesting idea. It is, in theory, possible. You would have to add entirely new building chains for all the versions and new units for every roster. It would be a very large effort, unfortunately I am in too many projects already

how about just adding all those units in one barracks but their Unit card and name is different?

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.6 (Patch 8)

Patch 8 compatible.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You are on the ball tonight, all your mods on Steam workshop are updated. Unfortunately cannot play because half the others I like to use are not yet patch 8

Update:
    Fixed Roman faction colors.

MiG-23Flogger's Avatar Foederatus

Hi I think you have already seen me on Moddb here are some info about Lakhmids :

A pic of some units :

and not really a related pic but it may help I guess :

The Lakhmid army was 5 parts : (According to Arabic wki)
    1-Ashaheb are Persians serving the Lakhmids
    2-Dawser are Arabs who serve the Kings of Hirah they are extremely harsh and almost elite and well armored
    those above are the main part of the Lakhmid Army
    3-Raha'en ( in modern Arabic it would mean hostages but in old Arabic it would rather mean something has been given to someone and to make it return after sometime, well I think it is ironic I am an Arab and can't really understand the names LOL) they were between 500 to 1000 men lended to serve the Hirah kings and they are replaced each Spring.
    4-Sana'eh (technically means "makers" but not really makers according to modern Arabic lol) they are special units of the King and they descendants of Bano Taim Al lat and Bano Qais abi Tho'loba.
    5-Wada'eh (means placed ones) when Persians captured Hirah they installed their own leader and thereby they placed some soldiers there to protect their vassal buffer zone they were about 1000 soldiers replaced every year.
    Also according to Arabic wiki Lakhmid Arabs knew Catapults and used to build them.

Some Brief about Lakhmids :
    The Lakhmid Kingdom was founded by the Lakhum tribe that emigrated from Yemen in the 2nd century and ruled by the Banu Lakhm, hence the name given it. The founder of the dynasty was 'Amr, whose son Imru' al-Qais (not to be confused with the famous poet Imru' al-Qais who lived in the 6th century) is claimed to have converted to Christianity according to Western authors.
    Imru' al-Qais dreamt of a unified and independent Arab kingdom and, following that dream, he seized many cities in Arabia. He then formed a large army and developed the Kingdom as a naval power, which consisted of a fleet of ships operating along the Bahraini coast. From this position he attacked the coastal cities of Iran (Persia) - which at that time was in civil war, due to a dispute as to the succession - even raiding the birthplace of the Sassanid kings, the province of Pars (Fars).
    In 325, the Persians, led by Shapur II, began a campaign against the Arab kingdoms. When Imru' al-Qais realised that a mighty Persian army composed of 60,000 warriors was approaching his kingdom, he asked for the assistance of the Roman Empire. Constantius II promised to assist him but was unable to provide that help when it was needed. The Persians advanced toward al-Hirah and a series of vicious battles took place over al-Hirah and the surrounding cities.
    Shapur II crushed the Lakhmid army and captured al-Hirah. He ordered the extermination of its population in retaliation of their raids on Pars. In this, the young Shapur acted much more violently than was normal at the time in order to demonstrate to both the Arab Kingdoms and the Persian nobility his power and authority. Shapur's title in Arabic is Zol 'Aktāf meaning owner of the shoulders, as he pierced the shoulders of his captives and chained them to each other by a rope. He installed Aus ibn Qallam and gave the city autonomy, thus making the kingdom a buffer zone between the Persian Empire's mainland and the territory of other Arabs in the Peninsula.
    Imru' al-Qais escaped to Bahrain, taking his dream of a unified Arab nation with him, and then to Syria seeking the promised assistance fromConstantius II which never materialized, so he stayed there until he died. With him ended the dream of a united Arab kingdom until after the advent of Islam. When he died he was entombed at al-Nimarah in the Syrian desert.