Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update November 26) - Bug Fixes/UI Additions

The family tree, character skill tree and other parts...why oh why was that not in Rome 2

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update November 26) - Bug Fixes/UI Additions

It looks great, though it is disappointing to feel like there's not really going to be a reason to play Rome 2 as opposed to Attila once it comes out. I'm definitely going to shift over my personal work to it when it comes out.

I still see a place for Rome 2 as far as the ancient timeframe goes. But, yeah, it is sad to see some of the features that should have been included.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Well CA just robed us in Day light. They can offer a free upgrade of all features seen so far in Attila for Rome2, but they will of course just ignore all of use who spend their money on Rome2. If you want those features we will have to by Attila.

Cheers

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

I don't think it's as simple as just putting those features in to Rome 2, actually it's probably a pretty complicated process. Things like save game compatability, script compatability and so forth are some obstacles I can think of. Granted, they're probably capable of doing it but wether or not they have the manpower to spare to rework a very large portion of Rome 2 is questionable. A more logical argument would be that some of these features could have been in Rome 2 but obviously they felt they could produce a good game despite not having some of these features. We all pretty much agree they were wrong and they've obviously taken the hint since they've now invested in putting a lot of requested features in Attila. I wouldn't call it robbing us really. CA aren't alone in having published some buggy/poorly functional games on release lately. Ubisoft have done the same with AC Unity and Far Cry 4 and I'm sure there are others. Seems like a trend, unfortunately.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just Downloaded this mod, can't wait to play it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrX...ature=youtu.be

New trailer for Attila. Showcases the Sassanids, ERE and Huns a bit more up close than before.

I found many mistakes in Sassanian and Roman helmets, armors, clothes. :/ RTW2 Vanilla looked better than BI2. Tomorrow I will write thread about it to CA. I hope they will make correct element. If not - you will be my hope, friends.

Thanks KLA!

While there's features I do disagree with I think we should all temper our frustrations with CA with the fair recognition that without their work (nevermind the engine itself, but the fact that a lot of us texturers work from their models and their textures) we wouldn't be anywhere. I'm game with complaints about the price and all that, but in terms of the content they are doing a decent enough job. I think my biggest complaint developing so far is the feeling of cloney armies, especially when to an extent in Rome 2 they did a much better job of challenging.

But the good news for me is that while a great deal of my work will still be usable in Attila (in fact I plan to almost immediately port over my recent Sassanid work for my own private and probably semi-public use), there's also some good looking models and textures and great models for me to work off in the future.

At the very least it is tens of hundreds of thousands of times better than the Sassanids in BI.

Hey guys I haven't been able to play the new version. It just gets stuck on the splash screen with my mouse doing the little loading thing, its never done that for more than ten minutes. Only other mod I have running is bullgods unit cars though thats because its a movie pack thingy and authentic ancient world music.

BullGods unit cards will definitely not be compatible, so move that pack file out of your data folder and see if it works. Music mod should be fine, but if it still doesn't work after removing BG's mod, try disabling that one too.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

OK, Attila is almost out, but you could save this wonderful work pushing back the starting date to the mid of the III century, the Great Crisis, wonderful characters and bloody battles, and the Diocletianus and then the last bloody struggle for the power with Constantine. In this way you could still use Rome2, the changes needed to your work are really few, and you could be almost the only one mod for the III century using Rome 2 engine!

Anyway thanks and good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    OK, Attila is almost out, but you could save this wonderful work pushing back the starting date to the mid of the III century, the Great Crisis, wonderful characters and bloody battles, and the Diocletianus and then the last bloody struggle for the power with Constantine. In this way you could still use Rome2, the changes needed to your work are really few, and you could be almost the only one mod for the III century using Rome 2 engine!

Anyway thanks and good work!
    If Dresden continues to expand this ill definitely still play it after Attila comes out. Right now im waiting for the mod to be a little more fleshed out before I start a real campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanbits View Post
    If Dresden continues to expand this ill definitely still play it after Attila comes out. Right now im waiting for the mod to be a little more fleshed out before I start a real campaign.
    When the Sassanian update arrives, this will make me play Rome2 alongside Attila! It seems more likely that it will come out after December 16th because of the upcoming Wrath of Sparta. I really hope that to implement the new update into the new DLC does not take too much time tho.

It shouldn't do. From what I've understood of that release it's mostly adding content rather than updating/changing things.

I'm new in this forum and I have followed this mod for a time. So I'm very interested on it just because Late Roman period is my favourite period in Roman History as well as Byzantine Empire. I would like to know how to install and what is needed to play it.
    Finally, I would like to congratulate the mod's workteam for it. Hopefully it is much appreciated mod like this one to fill the "gaps" that stock games doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexsius Tutor View Post
    I'm new in this forum and I have followed this mod for a time. So I'm very interested on it just because Late Roman period is my favourite period in Roman History as well as Byzantine Empire. I would like to know how to install and what is needed to play it.
    Finally, I would like to congratulate the mod's workteam for it. Hopefully it is much appreciated mod like this one to fill the "gaps" that stock games doesn't care.
    Just go on steam workshop, subscribe to both parts and enable them in the mod manager (launcher or third party).

Hey Dresden do you plan on updating this mod at around the same time as DEI 1.0?

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.1 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

Just downloaded this mod a couple of days ago and started up a Frank campaign, my question is that my units do not look the same as the ones on the main page do. Any help or is this a new change? Thanks

Update - compatible with patch 16.1