Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update October 13) - Armenian Faction Expansion

maybe, that is more accurentlly with historic times, I love the idea of reforms ( in units, buildings, etc ) could be possible in that mod too. We could have the rise of crinstianity and finally, the crist. late roman empire! I canīt wait to see whatīs next in this mod.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update October 13) - Armenian Faction Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    jajaja yeah...crazy CA always killing history times..Iīm waiting this released only becouse of your mod, I supose then CRoC team take the textures of what you want and make them unique and more historical. I canīt wait, love this mod, seriouslly. And the variation on shield made by Maximus 183 itīs awesome, looks really historical! please put it on the main mod, becouse i think itīs an important visual point for late roman units.

Thanks for all!
    Haha, I just made a pack with the shields just for you?! Settle for that for now, we'll see what happens to the romans in the main mod (Probably nothing, since they're already finished and there are other factions that need much more work)

Macegoths

That guy in the white pants in the front row has skipped leg day more than once

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

CA please stop, this not not funny at all
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I didn't notice that at first, but those legs remind me of the DRR...DRR..DRR "This hole was made for me" Monsters.

Helmets and legs, aside of the weird LOD of the far guy, are cool. To repeat myself here while I could defend CA's Saxons these guys I have to admit are a real:

Since the Ostros were the more Sarmatianized, and if anything (especially judging from their Italian kingdom) I'm not sure they would have had spearmen in copious numbers, let alone pikemen! But if CA wants to diversify the barbarians, then that's fine - I'd be one to mod these guys out quickly but I can appreciate their desire to make them more entertaining.
    Last edited by Ahiga; November 20, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

Seems like the mod should be fully compatible with the new patch without any need of an update.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

SilverCohort's Avatar Civis

Heres some historical backround for this time in history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvMmJzn5uuM.

The total documentary Follows Rome's fall from grace, the best part is that the whole series is all on youtube . I usually watch theses to set the mood before a campaign in total war.
    Last edited by SilverCohort; November 20, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    Heres some historical backround for this time in history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvMmJzn5uuM.

The total documentary Follows Rome's fall from grace, the best part is that the whole series is all on youtube . I usually watch theses to set the mood before a campaign in total war.

0.0 i just noticed this Thread has 98k views, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKS View Post
    0.0 i just noticed this Thread has 98k views, wow.

Rome's last stand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3_Ndrteb0. Back story for Total War Attila

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Haha, I just made a pack with the shields just for you?! Settle for that for now, we'll see what happens to the romans in the main mod (Probably nothing, since they're already finished and there are other factions that need much more work)
    It sames that! jajaja love it mate! thanks, itīs more historical inmmersion with thouse changes, but yes, i undertand that, the other factions are little bit forgoten, with a redone of unit cards, move into one style, not vanilla and bulldog ( i still hate it! jaja ) it could be fine for now, until CRoC decide what to do with Attilaīs release.

itīs a plan of doing some update until attila comes?

CA turn mad with thouse ostrogoths man! what is that?? i only see a couple of new textures...thanks to the gods...we ( users ) have that awesome team to save this period! =)

Go home, CA, you are drunk

Franks, ladies and gentlemen

Fail compilation goes on

I hope they just confused Alans and Franks or something.
    Last edited by Avetis; November 21, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

=O What is that??!! and thouse shields on there back? jajaja Avetis youīre right, the all team of CA is totally drunk and maybe they take many drugs more jaja !

While the unit itself makes no apparent sense, all the armous, helmets etc look pretty nice I think.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, it looks nice. I dont expect 100% accuracy from CA, they operate under different standards than mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    Yeah, it looks nice. I dont expect 100% accuracy from CA, they operate under different standards than mods.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. If they don't create some kind of distinction between the different barbarian factions in terms of their units, you'll have the people without the knowledge of the historicity of the period complaining about boring factions and gameplay etc, so it's compromise on their end I imagine. I'm sure they're well aware of the inaccuracy of a lot of these units.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, but even if CA works differently than mods, we here on TWC we go for historical accuracy, at least they would check the facts. If that unit is a Frankish unit, they should know that the Franks did employ Cataphracts, didn't wore scale armour, didn't use a contos, and or cavalry don't use oval shields. They just ridicule history.

Cheers.

Yeah, but we at the TWC don't make the Total War games, CA does. No where does it say that any TW game is meant as a tool for teaching history, nor do they preach 100% historical accuracy, so expecting that is a bit unreasonable I think. They're doing what they can to appeal to as broad of an audience as possible, which requires compromises. Just like we can't produce a mod that everyone thinks is perfect, they can't produce a game that everyone who plays it loves. I think this is why they put much more emphasis on modding support than other game companies, so that those who have preferences different to the vanilla settings of the game can change it themselves. Granted, you need to learn how to mod, but if you really want something a certain way that no one else has done, then you should probably just learn to mod it yourself. You can't always expect people, no matter if they're modders or game companies, to serve you the perfect game/mod to you on a silver platter.

That's my two cents on the whole "why-are-CA-being-historically-inaccurate" thing.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

They probably tought making frankish paladins could be a great idea.

The things is that Frankish paladins were a unit from 700-800 AD if I remember