Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update September 13) - NEW Roman Unit Expansion

Got it, thanks for replying. It was mostly out of greed (moar modz lel!) that I asked, as the mod plays excellent as is.
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update September 13) - NEW Roman Unit Expansion

So, the next toal war game is pretty confirmed as a Atilla related game. Do you think the team could use contents in a possible futur ?

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

It hasn't been confirmed yet. We'll find out in an hour or so, but I've got a feeling it isn't BI 2.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Well, the leaked pictures show the horse logo of TW as a horse archer, with the iconic face being someone with long hair, small beard and scale armors.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

If it is (which to be fair, it does seem to be), we will with almost complete certainty find a lot of useful things to extract from it as far as the visual stuff goes. When it comes to the rest, we'll find out in just a moment what will be new. Check the stream here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/egx

Confirmed. It's Attila the Hun. Set it 395 or 401 AD. Added a new religion system. New graphical map features too. Looking baller. Just gonna write as they showcase here. Super baller campaign map graphics now. New lighting system too, guess it's an improvement of the EE one. FAMILY TREES. New politics and management system.

This is too much for me to write down, haha. Watch that stream. I'm only a few minutes in and I'm super STOKED.
    Last edited by Maximus183; September 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Yep Attilla the Nun confirmed.

This is looking so sick in every way. I can't see how anyone can complain about what they're showing right now.

So far the one disappointment for me is that the campaign map axes the furthest east provinces, which means no Kushanshah and possibly (I hope not) no Chionites/Kidarites. But that's small fry stuff at the end of the day.

But it looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

What surprise me is that their helmet don't look that much better than yours

I appreciate the kind words, though I'd want to stress the helmets aren't mine - they're Razor's, Song of Taleisin's, Dejawolf's and other M&B:W modder's who've given permission or had carte blanche OSP permission for their helmets.

My exclusive work is more the shields and armor. I will say that given the soon release of Feb 2015 I probably won't work on any major stuff that isn't cross-sharable with LOB, given the lack of need to do so with ATW on the horizon.

Suppose it's a question if Dresden wants CROC to become a ATW mod or stay a R2 mod.

After seen Attila screens and gameplay I must say: your mod looks better.

I wouldn't worry about helmets and such not looking great. If you look at Rome 2 pre-alpha footage, it was pretty much the same thing there. Compare their pre-alpha shots to their release shots and you'll see a difference as well.

If we do port over to Attila it would have to be a totally new version of the mod, obviously. I would most likely also leave the normal Rome version there for people to use.

It would be a lot of work to redo the campaign but it may be worth it in the end. It would also give us the opportunity to redo the startpos with historical German tribes, etc. I want to get a closer look at the map before we are sure, though.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Not only that but we'd also have family trees and periodically (at least more so) accurate political positions and offices. If this turns out good, I think we should definitely consider moving it over.

Update
    - Projectile balancing and range changes, specifically for horse archers.
    - Ancillaries now function properly.

Plus if you do move the project to AttTW you can still use the visual assets you have like unitcards, helmets etc so part of the work fortunately doesn't have to be redone.
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will you port this over to Attlia?

I for one hope the mod is ported on over. The models in this mod are far more impressive than what I see from the screens of Attila. I think there could be two mods, one for Rome 2 and one for Attila if the mod developers feel like it . They will have most their work done for them in Attila though too, they would just have to make historical changes.

There are many questions left to be answered before we can make any decisions about whether this will be ported to Attila or not. I would at least like to be able to access Attila before I know the feasibility of creating a new mod for that. It is not a simple matter of porting this one over. Rather, we would have to start from scratch with many parts of the mod.

The question becomes, is it worth redoing Constantine on Attila? Or would time better be spent making a mod that fits that time frame and the new more "dark ages" feel to the new game?

Civis

Hi Dresden and thank you for many fun hours with this mod I really appreciate your work.
    I was wondering if you plan to upgrade this to use the new startpos with the new building chains etc?
    I really like alot of the changes the 2.0 startpos introduced.
    The mod is still fun though. Just feels a little dated atm?
    (I am using the steam version, not sure what version that is the most current?)

Regards

Trym