Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.2 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

v0.2
    - Made Maximinus' colors slightly more purple (to distinguish from Constantinus).
    - Changed Praetorians to be faction colors.
    - Changed Goths to germanic culture.
    - Upgraded Goths starting buildings, units, technology.
    - Upgraded Franks starting buildings, units.
    - Changed Custom battle Roman factions to be Roman. You can now do Roman vs. Roman custom battles.
    - Added 3 minor factions as playable (not fully fleshed out yet, missing some images, text). Factions: Garamantia, Boii, Qidri
    Last edited by Dresden; December 01, 2013 at 11:14 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.2 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

Looks very interesting mate do you have other scenarios that you would like to mate and will you put them all together in one massive overhaul?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

I think Roman legionaries in this period are supposed to look more like their Auxilia comrades already. Not the typical 'lorica segmentata'-wearing Romans.

Haven't really played this mod yet, its just that the screenshots show old Roman Legionaries. Anyway, I'm gonna give this mod a go now.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

At the moment remodelling is not possible without tools

Quote Originally Posted by xxxMoRaVexxx View Post
    I think Roman legionaries in this period are supposed to look more like their Auxilia comrades already. Not the typical 'lorica segmentata'-wearing Romans.

Haven't really played this mod yet, its just that the screenshots show old Roman Legionaries. Anyway, I'm gonna give this mod a go now.
    No doubt the units need to be redone. I am not totally sure its possible at the moment but I am looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    No doubt the units need to be redone. I am not totally sure its possible at the moment but I am looking into it.
    What you need are a combination of the units I posted above somewhere ie. third century/very early Fourth.
    But I have read on numerous pages that new unit models are not possible yet!

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Who needs DLcs with Dresden here? waiting for Hannibal ad portas,its my favorite era.

So far i have played 50 turns with the sassanians (parthians) but the roman factions seem to be crumbling, not due to their infighting but to rebellions in their provinces and their incapacity to properly respond to threats (they are not agressive enough) maybe it would be a good idea to give them some kind of order bonus to avoids rebellions and thus loss of money. Yet the goths and the franks are on the offensive so i dont understand why they are efficient whereas the romans are not.

P.D: Could you give the romans their imperial legions from the very start as it would make sense for them to exist in that period. Great mod and thanks

Update 12/2
    - Updated 3 minor factions images/text/traits
    - Changed Boii to Lombards, changed Qidri to Kindah
    - Made Goths, Franks and Lombards all Germanic Tribes
    - Changed various Campaign AI values to be more aggressive.
    - Gave AI various bonuses based on difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update 12/2
    - Updated 3 minor factions images/text/traits
    - Changed Boii to Lombards, changed Qidri to Kindah
    - Made Goths, Franks and Lombards all Germanic Tribes
    - Changed various Campaign AI values to be more aggressive.
    - Gave AI various bonuses based on difficulty level.
    Well done! You're doing really great things Dresden!

Now just some more economic resources and military aggressiveness to Sasanian Empire and I'll be ready to enjoy an amazing campaign with Maximinus!!..

v0.3
    - Some of these changes require a new game to experience
    - Fixed Goths name
    - Changed some starting buildings to improve public order
    - Improved AI public order bonus to reduce rebellions for AI factions
    - Improved relations between Romans and African/Arabian tribes
    - Changed some unit names
    - Changed Roxolani to Huns
    - Improved starting Persian buildings and units

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.3 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

I'll see if I can give it a go very soon myself !

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.3 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

Don't want to not pick but I would re name Huns to Lazyges a Sarmation tribe that occupied Dacia, put the Quadi there also. The Huns did not come west to much
    Later in fourth century
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; December 05, 2013 at 02:35 AM.

Yeah, I agree it is way too early for the Huns. I put them in there more for the fun of it than anything, the Roxolani are so far northeast and they are a single village. I thought if the players wanted to try a "what if" with the Huns coming earlier it could be fun.

Dresden but are you able to introduce new models/textures to "update" the Legions and other factions ?

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

No new models as of now, unfortunately I am not sure it is possible.

Really cool Dres! I'll have to check this out. Definitely proves that tw longevity comes from the community not the developer!

While new models can't be created we can cobble together existing pieces to make late Roman infantry to an extent. I can't get their pants to work with boots unfortunately so I have to use the eastern noble 2 pants which have a slight poof in the center but are plain and have boots. Other than that you can kitbash either thracian or spangenhelms (I think the numidian helmet might actually be the closest to a late roman helmet) to make a proper helmet. Round shields or thureos make for the shields and spathas work for the swords. Handling the plumbatarii is a little more difficult. You can use an arrow for the model which works fine if you don't intend on giving them the ability to fire at will. If you do it looks really weird because they have these itty bitty arrows with javelin animations so its like they're poking air and looking at the sky randomly. Otherwise it both looks and works just fine. Armor is the easiest part frankly. My biggest issue is the helmets.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

Maybe you should've checked before... good idea indeed but if you can't make it so then you should follow advice and go for a previous date that some reskin would make possible

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

It is a 'work in progress' time and tools will make it a favourite and besides it is something different