Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.7 (Updated Feb 20)

Same download link in the main page. Also on Steam.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Just to have post and say thank you for this mod. It's one of the settings I was (am?) hoping to see as a Rome 2 expansion since it could provide a lot of meaningful changes and interesting scenarios so I was so happy to see someone tackle this setting in a mod. I've recommended it to every friend that plays the game as a nice change of pace from the normal campaign and other mods and they love it too.

This makes me want to get back into modding. I haven't done much ever since EA and DICE gave up on modding with the Battlefield franchise so my 3D skills are a little weak although my photoshop skills are stronger than ever. I miss the days of modding and this mod is convincing me to look into doing it again since I have a lot of free time now that my health has gone to hell...lol

Thanks!

@Dresden:

I've been playing this mod practically non stop these ddays and I'm having a blast, thanks for your work!

I know you also work on DeI and a few other mods, I've only tried Tetrarchy so far, but I'm wondering, do you plan to integrate more sophisticated features into this mod as the tools become better known, or features from other mods that are popular?
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

I want to allow this mod to be compatible with other mods like battle mods and unit mods, so I don't know how much more I will add. I don't have much time to work on this mod, but if I get some time maybe I can add in some new units.

I've been playing with TTT, what other mods can you rcommend to go along with Tetrarchy? Thanks.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey Dresden I was messing around with the Rome assembly kit and I found that they added 2 Spathas as a usable model and was wondering if next time you update it you could change all of the units to use the Spathas instead the celtic looking swords.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Absolutely. Thanks for letting me know. Do you remember the name of the variant model?

If anyone else has any ideas on improving the mod, please feel free to post. I am not an expert in this time period and honestly I originally made the mod just to see if it could be done pre-assembly kit.
    Last edited by Dresden; April 04, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

sadly No I have no clue, I intend to spend the day playing with it and watching youtube vids to see if I can make some sad attempts at late Romans, So far I found the best thing to do Is add Gallic helmets insted of the bronze ones then add cloaks, neckerchiefs and some un-armored legionnaires but they just look like A old creative assembly draft of limitanei Legions from BI
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Maybe someone has made some late romans unit pack or something?

There was a late roman cavalry pack and I asked for permission to use it, but never heard back. Also, someone was working on a Sassanian Empire unit pack but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

its good mod ) but need upgrade

Update - fixed political ranks for Constantine, Licinius and Maximinus

I have been testing the mod recently and it seems to be crashing on a regular basis. I think the age of the startpos might have finally given out after so many CA updates.

Is anyone else getting the repeated crashes?

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity (New version of Tetrarchy: Civil Wars)

Completely new version of the mod that requires a new campaign to fully experience.

-This new version of Tetrarchy: Civil Wars introduces religions and many other features. Includes TTT.
    - Faction's cultures are now religions with a new faith: Christianity.
    - Constantine's legions use the Chi-Rho symbol on their shields (and other texture changes).
    - Fixed most of the issues with the previous versions. Requires a new campaign.
    - Roman faction leaders have unique traits and appearances.
    - 12TPY, increased build/research times, other changes along those lines.

As a side note, I realize that Constantine wasn't a fully Christian Emperor. I took some license with this version in order to add some gameplay value.
    Last edited by Dresden; April 16, 2014 at 01:09 AM.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Constantine: Rise of Christianity (New version of Tetrarchy: Civil Wars)

This should be a Hosted Mod!

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Could this be adopted for the hannibal at gates, it crashes on startup.
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; April 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM.

Why would this be used for HatG? It takes place in 311 AD and is a completely new scenario...

If you want to play another campaign, simply disable the mod in the mod manager.

Edit: never mind, I fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Templar Knight; April 17, 2014 at 04:15 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

weird - if I run this mod with ToonTotalWar's AIO mod the game starts fine but the faction selection screen is all screwed up.

If I try to run the mod just by itself with nothing else from the mod manager the game either won't start or crashes at startup... :/

Yeah, I just can't get the game to run at all with this mod - with just this mod alone selected in mod manager it crashes at startup.

Am I missing something? is there something else in addition to the .pack on the main page file needed for this to run?