Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

The year is 311 A.D. Split into four parts, the Roman Empire is in turmoil.
    Out of the chaos will emerge a new religion: Christianity; and a sole Augustus: Constantine the Great.

Mod Download Links:

Now compatible with the new patch Power & Politics!

Steam:
    Constantine: Rise of Christianity Part 1
    Constantine: Rise of Christianity Part 2
    Constantine: Rise of Christianity Part 3

Standalone Version:
    CRoC Part 1 (Mirror)
    CRoC Part 2 (Mirror)
    *All Parts Required

Mod Team:
    Dresden, Ahiga, 'Gunny, Maximus183, Avetis

UI Contributions: Idreaus

Recommended Difficulty:
    Hard or higher

Mod Information:
    - Overhauled Roman and Sasanian Rosters with custom, historically accurate models and textures for the units.
    - This new version of Tetrarchy: Civil Wars introduces religions and many other features. Includes Traits, Talents and Toadies.
    - Now includes Litharion's Better AI Recruitment Mod. Huge thanks to him for letting me use his wonderful work!
    - Faction's cultures are now religions with new faiths like Christianity and Zoroastrianism.

- Custom Chapter Missions for various factions.
    - Various other changes including 12TPY, build/research times, etc.
    - Faction leaders have unique traits and appearances:

Choose between 13 factions, all historically based:

Flavius Constantinus Augustus (Constantine) - Christian
    - You have recently arose to the rank of Augustus by proclamation of your soldiers. When your father and former Augustus Constantintius Chlorus died suddenly in 306 A.D., you were the next logical choice to become Caesar under the replacement Western Augustus Severus. However, the Alamannic king Chrocus and your legions declared you Augustus without the approval of the senior Emperor, Galerius. After accepting the lesser title of Caesar from Galerius, you have recently rose to become one of four Augusti during this turbulent time following the death of Emperor Galerius in 311 A.D.

Marcus Maxentius Augustus (Maxentius) - Imperial Religion - You are a brazen usurper of the Augustus title, or so most of your contemporary Emperors see you. When Constantinus was proclaimed Augustus by his own troops in Britain during the summer of 306 A.D., you saw the path to power. The son of former Augustus Maximian, you were declared Emperor by the people of Rome when the other Emperors attempted to impose a tax on the ancient city. You have weathered the attacks of the now dead Severus Augustus' and Galerius Augustus' legions against your legitimacy to rise to power.

Gaius Licinius Augustus (Licinius) - Imperial Religion - You grew up the childhood friend of the recently deceased senior Emperor, Galerius. He tried to hold the Empire together in the manner of Diocletian, but his reign was fraught with conflict. Upon his death in 311 A.D., you took over his place and reached an agreement with Maximinius Daia to share the regions of the East. Although you are nominally the senior Emperor, your hold over the Empire is extremely precarious as tensions are rising between all four Emperors.

Gaius Maximinus Daia Augustus (Maximinus Daia) - Imperial Religion - You are a relative newcomer to the Imperial ranks, but your experience as a soldier makes you more than qualified to lead. Campaigns against the Sasanian Empire have proven your worth and Emperor Galerius adopted you in 305 A.D. Upon his death in 311 A.D., you divided the Eastern Empire with Licinius Augustus. While you may seem to be peaceful, you have plans for maneuvering into ultimate power.

Sasanian Empire - Zoroastrianism - After the fall of the Arsacid (Parthian) Empire, Ardashir I founded the Sasanian Empire in its place. Although the empire started in traditionally eastern territories, it eventually expanded to challenge the Roman empire for control of the Eastern Mediterranean. During the Sasanian Empire's ascendancy, Persian culture reached new heights and flourished as the major power between India and the West.

Kingdom of Armenia - Christianity - A client state of Rome, Armenia has recently converted to Christianity at the behest of its king, Tiridates III. His kingdom sits at a perilous junction between the Sasanian Empire and the Eastern part of the Roman Empire. Raised in Roman lands and the son of a murdered father (by Persians), Tiridates has no love of his kinsmen to the south.

The Franks - Germanic Paganism - The Franks were a loose confederation of Germanic peoples who populated the area surrounding the Rhine river. Some tribes would regularly raid Roman territory, while others chose to join the Roman legions as soldiers. As their raids became more and more invasive, the Franks turned into a very real threat to Roman stability in the west.

The Goths - Germanic Paganism - The Goths as a people were believed to originate from Scandinavia, although they ventured far into other territories. By the third century A.D., the Goths had crossed the lower Danube and begun to ravage various territories all the way to the Black Sea. Eventually, two of the Gothic branches, the Visigoths and Ostrogoths, would become major threats to Rome and lead to the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

Other Playable Factions - Lombards, Kindah, Garamantia, Huns, Picts

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mod Credits:
    - Litharion for Better AI Recruitment mod.
    - Lines of Battle Mod Team for their battle portions.
    - TTT is included, thanks to Hellbent and his work.
    - Bullgod style Unit cards.
    - Maximus183 for his Roman generals submod.
    - Vennonetes for the screenshot mod background.
    - Thanks to the following contributors for help with models and textures: Song of Talesin, Counterpoint, Imperator of Rome, Razor (Fall of Rome), GrudgeNL (Lux Aeterna)
    Last edited by Dresden; November 29, 2017 at 09:52 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.1 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

This looks like a GREAT idea. How have you changed the Roman Legions?Some images of third century
    What about other German tribes, Sarmations etc?

Have you considered other scenarios?
    I was contemplating a starting scenario the year of four emperors AD 69
    or perhaps Antonine era?

A few maps for reference to Germanic tribes etc Should you think it a good idea
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; November 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.1 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

I don't like such scenario at all... there is nothing about Sparta here isn't it?
    No naked Spartans ravaging all over the place?... Blaah...!!!!

Sorry, just joking... Great idea... looking forward to the final release!!!

sound promising

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    This looks like a GREAT idea. How have you changed the Roman Legions?Some images of third century
    What about other German tribes, Sarmations etc?

Have you considered other scenarios?
    I was contemplating a starting scenario the year of four emperors AD 69
    or perhaps Antonine era?

A few maps for reference to Germanic tribes etc Should you think it a good idea
    I haven't done any work on the textures. That is something that I may look into, I haven't had much experience with textures just yet.

As far as other scenarios, I have considered them but this one took me around a month to complete (had to restart with the new patch). I may do some others, but it is a ton of work just getting the map, characters, armies and factions correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I don't like such scenario at all... there is nothing about Sparta here isn't it?
    No naked Spartans ravaging all over the place?... Blaah...!!!!

Sorry, just joking... Great idea... looking forward to the final release!!!
    Thanks, this version actually works quite well if you end up giving it a try, let me know if you find any bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    sound promising
    Thanks, I think so too. At least it offers a new time frame to play around with.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ok, just came back home and downloaded...

I'll have to abandon my Roman campaign with all the files I modded to make them live together (AGA, Dubmod, Radious...), but I'm really excited about your last "job"!!!...

Cheers!
    J

If there's a way to import models into R2TW, I might offer my models though or a retexture for them. Here are the late roman/dark age models I've done.

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

@Dresden
    I have no doubt it was huge amounts of work, did wish to criticise. It is just that if you chose AD69 time frame you can use the imperial legions already available without too much modding (I thought unit remodeling required so far unavailable tools), much of the factions, with some obvious removals. More a case of giving Rome the empire of the Julio-Claudians and the Parthians the east as far as Baktria and west to Mesopotamia

Yea, if model importing is impossible then there is no way to represent the 4th century era.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

@jethro yeah compatibility will be an issue, for now. However, for the most part this mod is just a startpos mod with a few extras. It should work with various other mods.

@Basileos Antiokhos Eurgetes No offense taken at all buddy! I appreciate the ideas and the feedback as always. Future scenarios are always on my mind. I usually end up making these things then not finishing them properly because I get a new idea! A couple other ideas are Pax Romana (20 BC, Octavian Augustus, etc.). Or Fall of Rome (East and West empires, barbarian incursions).

@Imperator of Rome I have no idea about texture importing, but I would be interested to see if it is possible. I do know that some of my fellow modders on Divide et Impera have done custom textures. Either way, I appreciate the offer and maybe we can do some textures for this mod in the future.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 29, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

I think it is possible to do custom textures but to make some of the Late Roman assets like for an example, the helmet and shields here. You need new models.

Anyway, here is a sword reconstruction site that uses archeological sources to remake spathae.
    http://www.templ.net/english/weapons...middle_age.php

Actually how did you manage to get different colours factions, I am wanting to mod in a Rome 1 type system of different families in Italy and N.Africa for Carthage.

@Imperator of Rome Ah ok I see what you are saying about models. I will take a look at that link, thanks!

@Utumano This mod simply uses existing factions for the various Roman Emperors. I used Iceni for Constantius, Macedon for Licinius, and Egypt for Maximinus.

So, maybe you can try some scripting changes and whenever a model importer comes out I can try making some shield designs or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Imperator of Rome Ah ok I see what you are saying about models. I will take a look at that link, thanks!

@Utumano This mod simply uses existing factions for the various Roman Emperors. I used Iceni for Constantius, Macedon for Licinius, and Egypt for Maximinus.
    Sort of meandering off topic, but how difficult is this? I am for all intents and purposes rather a novice. I have used pack manager to Rename cities etc but not much else.
    I might see if I can have a go at 69AD it won't be 100% accurate yet....but perhaps we'll get the modding tools for Christmas

The hardest changes are the region ownership. They are very complicated and annoying.

The other changes are easy.

So far is very interesting, and works quite well, no major gltches... yet no way to be attacked by any of the neighbours that, they say, should hate me...

Tried to restart campaign using Dubmod barebones, with no change, whenever I wage war to anyone they ask for peace the next turn offering a lot of money and their ugly daughters... will have to see if my version of Dub High Aggro may do the trick...

Yeah, I need to change the diplomacy. I may just lower the cultural multipliers to the point that everyone hates everyone else.

Thanks Dresden, this can really become another jewel of yours.

It is good that some of the other parties want to trade, yet reducing the peaceful environment can be beneficial... I guess fine tuning will be the real challenge...

Anyway thank you again for this enjoyable campaign; Rome 2 really need mods like this.
    Last edited by jethro; November 30, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Thisted looks bloody awesome! Will give it a go tomorrow! You should definitely write a guide on how to change/create a new faction, I would love to see the Romans divided into 3 real families with SPQR in charge of Rome like the good old Rome 1!

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast