Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity - Main Thread and Download Link (Update April 16)

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.3 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

I am all for exact historical accuracy, but I am not sure why some people refuse to try the scenario due to some of the limitations of current modding. I did my best with it, its something different and took a lot of time to do. Just because it isn't perfect doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 05, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.3 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

Agreed as I said above its something different to the start from scratch republic.

Quote Originally Posted by caprera View Post
    Maybe you should've checked before... good idea indeed but if you can't make it so then you should follow advice and go for a previous date that some reskin would make possible
    Where in the world have you been?
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

I like how people like Dresden and Basileos are make new Additional for us to play as the vanilla can get really boring after awhile so both of you keep it up and hopefully we will see a lot more very soon
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

how did you change the music?

I didn't change the music, wish I could!

I really don't know how to thank you Dresden, I didn't think it was already possible to mod this kind of things such as starting dates etc. A late empire mod just 3 months after the game has been released is something really amazing!!! Ok, it suffers for all the limitations of actual community modding, but it's still an awesome piece of work and I will eagerly play it asap!!!

Are you planning to make other late empire scenarios? Something based around 230 AD, at the start of the Third Century Crisis?

I haven't decided what, if any, new scenarios I may do in the future. I want to finish Tetrarchy properly and keep my other mods updated (and keep working on DeI). However, I have been considering some other time periods for future works. Some obvious ones are Octavian/Antony, Pax Romana, and Fall of the Roman Empire type scenarios. I would like to do a Rise of Christianity mod but that would probably require a lot more work than region/faction changes.

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.4 (New Campaign Overhaul Scenario)

Update
    - Most of these changes require a new campaign to take affect.
    - Activated political system for minor factions.
    - Added Picts (Caledones) as playable.
    - Added generic Victory Conditions for minor factions.
    - Fixed starting ages for minor faction characters.
    - Fixed Huns (Roxolani) text.
    - Removed Baktria as playable.
    - Fixed initial General/agent pool recruitment ages.
    - Fixed new Roman legion names to not be barbarian/eastern.
    - Changed starting Roman generals to be Roman campaign models.
    - Altered various CAI task generators and personalities to improve AI campaign behavior.
    - Fixed legion histories and foundation generals.
    - Fixed cursus honorum for Garamantia and Kindah.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 06, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Default Re: Tetrarchy: Civil Wars 311 A.D. v0.5 (updated Roman textures)

Update v0.5
    - Changed main Roman unit textures to fit 4th century, including weapons, shields, armor, helmets, etc. See screenshots for details.
    - Roman reforms and unit names changed to fit the 4th century legions.
    - Added copper nodes for Licinius and Maximinus Daia (requires new campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update v0.5
    - Changed main Roman unit textures to fit 4th century, including weapons, shields, armor, helmets, etc. See screenshots for details.
    I must say, this is amazing work!!! I quit playing rome, because the lack of enemy empires, your mod gives me the option to come back for it. It looks realy great. But i have some questions: 1. Is this compatibel with TTT (dont know if TTT changes startpos.esf!!) 2. I know its compatibel with CC 7.1, but is it compatibel with battlemods that changes stats like line of battles? I dont know if the changes work in your mod, cause you change unitnames and made more roman factions.

At last i want to say, that its realy impressive how fast you get this out! I couldnt believe that a gamechanging mod of this mod would come out before a year after release of vanilla or even longer!

Greats

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Preacher View Post
    I must say, this is amazing work!!! I quit playing rome, because the lack of enemy empires, your mod gives me the option to come back for it. It looks realy great. But i have some questions: 1. Is this compatibel with TTT (dont know if TTT changes startpos.esf!!) 2. I know its compatibel with CC 7.1, but is it compatibel with battlemods that changes stats like line of battles? I dont know if the changes work in your mod, cause you change unitnames and made more roman factions.

At last i want to say, that its realy impressive how fast you get this out! I couldnt believe that a gamechanging mod of this mod would come out before a year after release of vanilla or even longer!

Greats
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, this mod is compatible with TTT and Close Combat, but I think Lines of Battle changes the startpos. In general the mod works with battle-only mods, unit packs, graphics mods, and campaign AI/diplomacy mods.

Update 12/8/2013
    - Added many new auxiliary options for Roman factions for level 3 and 4 auxiliary barracks. These new auxiliary units can be found in Britain, Gaul, Pannonia, Thrace, Galatia and Syria/Persia.
    - Added iron resource for Licinius.

Nice change mate they all require a new campaign to take affect as I have two campaigns at the mount (Maximinus and Maxentius) that I am playing so can I still play them as well?
    Last edited by Ichigorukia; December 08, 2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Ok i have a problem, when i wanna replace a general, there's no bodyguard unit to choose so i just clicked hire anyway and it CTD, anyway to fix it? Other than that, the mod is great !!

@Ichigorukia The auxiliary changes shouldn't require a new campaign for the most part.

@GyozaRaman Which faction did that happen to you with? Also, are you using any other mods? If it happened with a Roman faction, you are probably using a mod that affects the commander permissions table.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
    - Added version of the mod without historical unit texture changes due to requests for vanilla textures.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 09, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Greetings Dresden

I am very impressed with what you have achieved with this mod given the constraints you are under. I am currently playing DEI, but soon I will give your worthy mod a try as I enjoy the period you are depicting. As a IB (RTW) grognard I am very excited about the continued development of this most excellent project.
    +REP!

Hi Dresden

I thought id try this out today as i was so impressed with your expanded territorys mod - and this is great! must have taken an age, huge amount of work, thanks dude!

One thing ive noticed, playing as the picts, i dont seem to be able to have ancillaries for my generals - any ideas?

Thanks again

Tim

@Germanicus Thanks for the positive feedback. Let me know how your playthrough goes.

@RomanMutineer The Picts are a minor faction (normally not playable) so it is probably an issue in the game itself. I haven't done anything with ancillaries, have you tried using TTT with the mod?

Update v0.6
    - Added new units for Sasanian Empire. These include various Arabic units and Armoured Indian War Elephants.
    - Added new units for Germanic tribes. These include Axe, Sword, Spear units and Germanic Elder Chieftans.
    - Added Taurica (Cimmeria) as playable.
    - Changed faction symbols for Sasanian Empire, Franks and Goths:
    Last edited by Dresden; December 09, 2013 at 06:34 PM.