Thread: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Thespian Hoplites and Swordsmen Added - 03/12/2013

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Thespian Hoplites and Swordsmen Added - 03/12/2013

Combatus Maximus Unit Pack!

This is the unit pack for my combat mod which is located in my profile signature. These units are uniquely made by me. I do all the texturing and spend time on each and every one of these units.

Units are added everyday in this pack. It takes a lot of work to do this so please be patient if no update occurs. Sometimes I get very ambitious and tend to work on units which require a lot of precision in their texturing.

Units are balanced for my combat mod, so I doubt they are statistically compatible with anybody else's mod. However, they will work but your experience will be vastly different and you take responsibility when you download it.

Do not use my work without my permission, please.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download Links: (I highly recommend you pick up the steam version. I am updating this pack a LOT. There is a big chance that the pack on here will go for a long while without an update as I usually forget to update and at times I cannot be bothered because having to keep hosting a newer version instead of using Steam's update feature can be very troublesome. )

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=194773530

Online File : https://www.mediafire.com/?9m1inl86nozy93o

Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; December 03, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Imperial Roman Spearmen Added!!! (25/11/2013)

Reserved in-case the OP gets too overcrowded. Would rather preserve it's presentation
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Default Re: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Imperial Roman Spearmen Added!!! (25/11/2013)

direct download link pls

Default Re: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - URBAN COHORTS! - 27/11/2013

BUMP! New Urban Cohorts have been released. You guys really need to go over to STEAM and check them out. Created for my combat mod like all these other units.

@ Mintulalrrumator: I've stopped doing direct links. Steam makes things way more easier for modders and my updates are coming out everyday and to have to keep hosting them online becomes boring when all I have to do is press Steam's "update" button and you all get it instantly.

Wow , thank you for the mod... I looooovvveeee the Urban Cohort unit the spearmen and the archers . Thank you , amazing pack and keep up the good work.

DogSoldierSPQR , I love the Urban Cohort unit , the color ,combined with your shiny armor mod ...the result it' just perfect . I need your help with something. I tried to create a new unit in your pack for my own use called Urban Cohort Spearmen , I want to look exactly like the Urban Cohort but to have spear like the Imperial Spearmen that you created. I was successful in creating the unit but when I start the game they have the proper spear animation , but I can't see the spear ... basically is invisible. Question: What am I missing? I assume is something with the variantmeshdefinition? , how can I make it work ? . Thank you .

Hi, it's ok I fixed it , I created a new variantmeshdefinition , yet I forget to change it in variant unit table.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. I don't check this everyday as I'm pretty busy. I'm glad you've sorted it out
    I hope you like my new Triarius unit I just released

Default Re: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Triarius Unit Added - 01/12/2013

No problem , I'm in vacation 1 week so ...I have time to dedicate to RTW2 ...plus this winter ...I'm still waiting for good snow in order to start skiing. Thank you for your pack , actually taking your mod as example and a bit of reverse engineering I created my own unit pack ... Urban Cohort Spearmen and Archers ( using your amazing skin and color ) , new units , Emperor Praetorian Guard , Praetorian Archers and Praetorian Spearmen , black with golden shield ...it's just kick ass and suddenly I just can't get enough of battles with RTW2. REP added. I'll check the new Triarius . Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    No problem , I'm in vacation 1 week so ...I have time to dedicate to RTW2 ...plus this winter ...I'm still waiting for good snow in order to start skiing. Thank you for your pack , actually taking your mod as example and a bit of reverse engineering I created my own unit pack ... Urban Cohort Spearmen and Archers ( using your amazing skin and color ) , new units , Emperor Praetorian Guard , Praetorian Archers and Praetorian Spearmen , black with golden shield ...it's just kick ass and suddenly I just can't get enough of battles with RTW2. REP added. I'll check the new Triarius . Thank you .
    Sounds good, friend
    Seems like you're really getting stuck into modding. Glad you're having fun and don't forget to drop links to my thread if you release that pack and you've used some of stuff too
    Enjoy your vacation

, yeah it kind of caught me the modding part , I always wanted those units for myself and your Urban Unit was just fantastic ,made me want to start modding . I'm blown away of how fantastic that blue color look in the game ( I play with GEM True Color 2.3 ) . I won't release the pack as I was saying it's your work after all , me all I did was to add to it having your units as example. Thank you .

Plz give normal link beacouse not all have a steam you know?

screeeeeennnssss
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    , yeah it kind of caught me the modding part , I always wanted those units for myself and your Urban Unit was just fantastic ,made me want to start modding . I'm blown away of how fantastic that blue color look in the game ( I play with GEM True Color 2.3 ) . I won't release the pack as I was saying it's your work after all , me all I did was to add to it having your units as example. Thank you .
    Haha I'm glad I was there to give you your fix then I'm getting very ambitious with the kinds of units I'm trying to get into my mod. Definitely stay up to date with it. I'm just looking to bring up a more fresher Roman early roster, like early Hastati etc. so you definitely have some more units to play with in the very near future and I've got my eyes on some more Roman elite but I'm going to have to get very creative because there's not much historical content left haha

@pawel0482: Link is up. I don't understand how you don't have Steam. Steam is mandatory to play Rome 2. You pirating?

@Thomas: Tiny pic seems to have sorted out my image hosting problems. Have a peak for yourself, mate, but my latest units are not in the screenies.

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    Haha I'm glad I was there to give you your fix then I'm getting very ambitious with the kinds of units I'm trying to get into my mod. Definitely stay up to date with it. I'm just looking to bring up a more fresher Roman early roster, like early Hastati etc. so you definitely have some more units to play with in the very near future and I've got my eyes on some more Roman elite but I'm going to have to get very creative because there's not much historical content left haha

@pawel0482: Link is up. I don't understand how you don't have Steam. Steam is mandatory to play Rome 2. You pirating?

@Thomas: Tiny pic seems to have sorted out my image hosting problems. Have a peak for yourself, mate, but my latest units are not in the screenies.
    I Dont understand why everyone thinks that everybody uses Steam.
    80% of people on the internet are going after pirate download which are clearly smarter than paying in the steam.
    You really should think about making direct download links!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Unit Pack For Combatus Maximus! - Thespian Hoplites and Swordsmen Added - 03/12/2013

how to install?