Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | General Suggestions and Questions Thread

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | General Suggestions and Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Byzantine View Post
    Why don't you guys go ahead admit that this er is dead?
    I enjoyed it immensely, but its literally been a year and you guys haven't even gotten around to giving the Lebel models to the French, which of all things, I imagine that finishing the model of one of the main nations army would have been done before you even really released it but whatever man. I mean people keep waiting but this mod is a ghost.
    I disagree, modding is generally a pain in the ass. They may be working on other things, adding features beyond the Lebel. An update involving JUST a weapon reskin would hardly be worth it. Be a bit optimistic, Bro.

agunter999's Avatar Senator

Also people are allowed a break, you try modding

Tiro

Hi. Is possible in the campaign "trenches war"? Because, I do not have battle with trenches in the campaign. It is normal or I do anything badly? Thx and sorry for my English...

It's normal. Getting trenches on the campaign is a lot more difficult than you might expect.

Tiro

Ok, thx for answer. And I have yet question. In the campaign hostiles army and allies army too, recruiting often only militia or others worse army. It is normal? Thx.

Tiro

And I have yet one question. I need remove Fog of War (I read AAR). Can they help me? Thx.

agunter999's Avatar Senator

That is a startpos task, go to the modding tutorials and resources and find the guid to startpos modding, and that will give you a good tutorial on how to remove it

Tiro

I do not have experience with startpos modding.

Hi 2 everyone. First of all what I wish to say - this mod is great. Yep it still have some mistakes und bugs, but great job was done. Thank you guys!

But I have a question about translation of this mod to different languages like russian. Could you tell me which files I'm must open and translate? etc. Should I use notepad for this purpose and just overwright the results?

Which files exactly contains all these infos?

And BTW could someone explain to me, why big unit description cards have no images? Is it ok, or I made a mistake while installing this mod?

Tiro

Hi TGW developers, on the moddb.com they have some information and new screens from new further patch. And there are new screens tanks, Renault FT 17 etc. When will some next patch with these news? Thx and sorry for my English.

Hey guys I'm really enjoying the mod, I just installed it for the first time last week, everything is going pretty well, except, I can't find any trade ships. Have they been removed or do they need a tech or certain building to become recruitable? Thanks.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; July 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkey View Post
    Hi 2 everyone. First of all what I wish to say - this mod is great. Yep it still have some mistakes und bugs, but great job was done. Thank you guys!

But I have a question about translation of this mod to different languages like russian. Could you tell me which files I'm must open and translate? etc. Should I use notepad for this purpose and just overwright the results?

Which files exactly contains all these infos?

And BTW could someone explain to me, why big unit description cards have no images? Is it ok, or I made a mistake while installing this mod?
    Well, to translate text you'd have to open the GreatWar5_Text.pack using the PFM (there are tutorials in the modding resources section of the NTW forum) and edit localization.loc and another file (ui.loc, I think). You can export as .tsv and then edit in notepad, if you wish. But there's a ton of new text in TGW, so it might not be worth translating if there isn't already a lot of demand for the language.

We never added unit description pics, I believe.

The trade ships as you pefer to call them, is Cargo Ships, I was a bit confused in the beginning too.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    It's normal. Getting trenches on the campaign is a lot more difficult than you might expect.
    Now that I changed my graphic card I'm able to play this great mod.
    Don't call me "captain obvious" but is there a way to put some panzerschreck's custom maps as campaign battle maps? They could appear randomly during the main campaign letting us play a more immersive trench warfare. It is really sad when I see thousand of enemy soldiers killed as mosquitos while they're running against my "trenches" because AI can not hold a fortified position.
    If possible, it would be more immersive if AI could be able to fight cleverly by not sending the whole army against us. The enemy should be able to "understand" the idea of building and holding a trench.
    Probably I'm saying nothing new to you, and I'm not even speaking my mother language so it is a bit complicated to explain my whole thought.

Anyway this is a great great mod guys. I really love it. I hope you won't surrender and keep on improving that.

P.S.
    Oh one last thing. As I'm playing as Austria I wonder why I have to conquer two german regions to win my main campaign.
    Last edited by Horatio Hornblower; August 12, 2014 at 05:31 AM.

Civis

is there going to be a new update?

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Now that I changed my graphic card I'm able to play this great mod.
    Don't call me "captain obvious" but is there a way to put some panzerschreck's custom maps as campaign battle maps? They could appear randomly during the main campaign letting us play a more immersive trench warfare. It is really sad when I see thousand of enemy soldiers killed as mosquitos while they're running against my "trenches" because AI can not hold a fortified position.
    If possible, it would be more immersive if AI could be able to fight cleverly by not sending the whole army against us. The enemy should be able to "understand" the idea of building and holding a trench.
    Probably I'm saying nothing new to you, and I'm not even speaking my mother language so it is a bit complicated to explain my whole thought.

Anyway this is a great great mod guys. I really love it. I hope you won't surrender and keep on improving that.

P.S.
    Oh one last thing. As I'm playing as Austria I wonder why I have to conquer two german regions to win my main campaign.
    It isn't anything new to us, and unfortunately, it's also more complicated than it would seem. But while a lot of suggestions aren't useful, there are occasionally ones we hadn't thought of, so thank you anyways for adding your thoughts.

As for the victory conditions, you'd have to ask Mitch.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    It isn't anything new to us, and unfortunately, it's also more complicated than it would seem. But while a lot of suggestions aren't useful, there are occasionally ones we hadn't thought of, so thank you anyways for adding your thoughts.

As for the victory conditions, you'd have to ask Mitch.
    Alright, thank you!

So...Mitch, why Austria has to conquer two german regions?

Just like to thanks the makers of this mod. Played most major mods of most TW games but just got Napoleon on steam discount and am having a great time with TGW. Great stuff. The Zera's sound mod adds a bit of flavour too.

how do i play as the usa in campaign??? is there now way i can do this?

So I was just wondering, and this seemed like a game breaker for me, I was playing my Sweden game(finally got Heavy Howitzers) Denmark rolls up with an army half filled with those MG Bunkers.. that's fine, I manage to kill/route everything else but those things and I was shelling just ONE of them for a good 15 minutes with quite literally no effect aside from the 1-2 guys that started outside the bunker getting blown sky high(multiple times before finally dieing mind you). So I try to flank it with infantry, you know thinking maybe I just have to Melee to break it, but then it spins around like a 180 no scope in less then a second as I'm trudging through a forest beside it and ends up mowing down my regiment.. seems a little broken imo.

Anyway I was just wondering if maybe you had plans to make them 'Fixed' kinda like how ETW artillery was when deployed in its (Temp)fortification, cause as it stands the moment I run into an army with even one of those blasted things my games pretty well ended.