Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | General Suggestions and Questions Thread

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | General Suggestions and Questions Thread

What version of the mod are you running?

Can you extend the infantry trenches? I mean more than 10-pieces trenches. You can bring back the land mines as a skill of combat engineers. And also barbed wires can be added if possible.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

im using the latest version of the mod, anyone got some tips and tricks for the British economy-wise? I have almost all the trade nodes and i focus a great deal on economy but it takes me until 1916-1917 to be making real money.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Hello everyone. Thanks for the great mod, it is truly amazing and fantastic. Can't wait to play the new version.

I got a question regarding the income. I believe anyone can answer it really. It may seem silly, but it's really a genuine question

How much do you get from trade nodes per ship? Here's why: I've downloaded the mod a while ago and I've played with Austria Hungary. I was doing excellent in terms of economy (I had over 5 full stacks and was actually making around 5-6k still). If I recall correctly, I've been getting quite a lot from trade nodes (like 500 to 1k per ship). Guess this is what boosted my economy a lot (and to be honest, I thought you guys made it that way to allow players more funds to build more armies). Anyways, I had to put my campaign on hold for a few weeks and came back to it today. Guess what? I loaded the game and I am 12k in MINUS

So basically, my economy is dead now. I thought it had to do something with me playing around the unit sizes via game settings and launcher, or trying to implement 40 unit armies. So naturally, I deleted the mod, uninstalled Napoleon, deleted everything associated with the game and mod itself and made a clean Napoleon install. Installed the mod again and my economy is still . Trade nodes give me 100 to 300 at best. To make an example, I previously had a game with Ottoman Empire where I had over 200k cash and 4 full army stacks with only Istanbul in my possesion

Naturally, I'm all confused now hahaha. I guess I want to know what happened and what is the correct income? The big ones I had, or the small ones that I am experiencing just now. Was I playing with a glitch the whole time before or did I experience a glitch with this small income xD

Thanks

Someone posted on the Total War sub on Reddit a week or two ago suggesting possibly a Great War mod for the Egypt campaign and going so far as to edit the Egypt map for what they think such a mod would look like. Not at all to rush the modders, but do you guys think it may be a possibility in the future? Near or distant? I myself would absolutely love to see WW1 go to the Middle East!

Reddit link to the mentioned above thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...the_great_war/

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by prototype952 View Post
    Someone posted on the Total War sub on Reddit a week or two ago suggesting possibly a Great War mod for the Egypt campaign and going so far as to edit the Egypt map for what they think such a mod would look like. Not at all to rush the modders, but do you guys think it may be a possibility in the future? Near or distant? I myself would absolutely love to see WW1 go to the Middle East!

Reddit link to the mentioned above thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...the_great_war/
    Yes, we get this question alot so i went ahead and posted this in the main forum.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...stern-Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Yes, we get this question alot so i went ahead and posted this in the main forum.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...stern-Campaign

Okay awesome that it's being considered. I noticed on your link that it was mentioned that France is the only playable faction in the Egypt campaign and you guys would need to work around that. I don't mod so idk if you guys know about this and it still wouldn't work in this situation, but Napoleon Darthmod lets you play the Egypt campaign (every campaign) as an of the factions present in that campaign. It lets you choose between France, UK, Ottomans, Mamluks, and Bedouin. Idk if you guys could use whatever mechanic Darthmod used to unlock those factions as playable for the Egypt campaign or not for this potential submod.

Patrician

Interesting I didn't know Darthmod had that setup like that. I'll have to check it out. Thanks

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Fantastic mod, many thanks!

Is there anyway to make the campaign longer, like making 4 turns per month?

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Patrician

Not without causing major issues with the game.

How are the tanks working in 5.1? Still glitchy?