Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badge Competition Winner!

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Badge Competition Winner!

There were many spectacular entries; it was really hard to choose one. A special thanks to all who entered and for all the hard work in creating your entries. The voting is finally over though and at last we have a winner! So, without further adieu, I'm proud to reveal the winning submission:

Winner!

Congratulations to Maximinus Thrax for creating the winning badge set!

The badges will be implemented as soon as possible. I'm really excited to see these finally get done. I'll also work on handing out the prizes to those who made it to the final round. The final round poll thread has also been made public for the curious to see what the final results looks like. Again, congratulations to the winner and thanks to all who entered!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Badge Competition Winner!

Congratulation Thrax! Also excellent job for everyone (also for me) who took part for this competition. At last this competition got finished.

I'd like that we use that golden background one!

Congrats to winner , can't say I am liking how also personal haters and forum randomeers were allowed to vote though.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Well, this was quite unexpected! Special thanks to GERULA666 and Rarity for the much needed feedback.

Kudos to Prometheus, Ishan, the rest of the competitors and, last but not least, to all who voted!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    Congratulation Thrax! I'd like that we use that golden background one!
    Thanks, Noif! I'll see what can be done about that. I still need a few more days to add the finishing touches to these badges.

Congrats!

Just one thing, though: is it just me or is the color on the Citizen/Artifex/Civitate badges slightly off/too orange? It might be the same way with the current badges, but would it be possible to use the actual color (red) from the Citizen/Artifex/Civitate username? That'd be great!

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Congrats, Thrax!
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Congrats! Another victory for the Line of Thor!

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

Great job Thax!!!

I say the best badges for the Rome theme won! I couldn't be more happy to have them, as they go perfectly with the theme!

Democracy! It works great when you get what you want. lol Bravo!

Prom - I bet you wouldn't have minded if you would have won.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Congrats to winner, to Maximinus Thrax who also it's a friend and a fellow citizen. As I have said in another thred on here, what he had created, should be directly included in the new theme, no need for contests, his was just perfect!

But...those who created this contest did a little-big mistake!
    How could you not see that these are two versions submision by Him and not just only one?

He did not specify in submission thread, submission one and submission one two because he thought it will be understandable this, nor asked!
    You can ask him now if these are not his two different versions submitted.

Here we have two versions, one in color(white/grey marble) and one of another color(yellow), but you guys you put them both in one version and thus the world instead of being forced to choose and vote between the two versions of its, has done a plurality of votes

I'm not good with English, but I hope I have made ​​myself clear or you have understood what I tried to say here.

I'm so sorry Max both are great and I find it hard to choose between the two versions of yours, but if I had to choose one of them I would say that the white marble is the best, the yellow one would come in conflict with the yellow color text.
    Last edited by Menumorut; September 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

I would use the gold for staff, and marble for the rest.... or the other way around. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Or make them all marble. I don't think all of them being gold would work. Both are so good I would like seeing both colors.
    Last edited by y2day; September 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

The multi-quote function seems to be broken...

@Astaroth: sure, I'll modify the text colour, if the admins will allow that. Like you said, the only reason the text is orange is because of the current badges.

@Adamat: Thanks!

@Diamat: Thanks! And glory to the Line of Thor!

@y2day: Thanks, Y! The best solution would probably be to make them all marble, it fits the new forum skin better.

these are two versions submision by Him and not just only one?
    @Gerula: Thanks for considering me a god by capitalizing the him pronoun.

@Gerula: I asked beforehand about that particular matter here, but I didn't receive any official answer. The grey version was and it still remains the only official entry, designed specifically to match the new Rome skin forum. The golden variant was a last minute suggestion coming from Rarity. I don't consider these golden badges as being part of a completely different set, but rather a colour variation of the same design meant only to serve as a back up solution of some sort in case the staffers would reject the greyish tint for being too dull. That's why there were only six of them included there, and not the whole set. Certainly, I wasn't the only one to come up with this idea, Ishan had a similar plan regarding a possible change of colour scheme as well.

Your complaint is justified. I'll consult with the staffers about the problem you've just raised.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; September 25, 2013 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post

Here we have two versions, one in color(white/grey marble) and one of another color(yellow), but you guys you put them both in one version and thus the world instead of being forced to choose and vote between the two versions of its, has done a plurality of votes
    Its fine , they are the same version its just a recolor change something that can handled after the selection .

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post

Prom - I bet you wouldn't have minded if you would have won.
    On countrary I am not complaining about Max choice , I have complained befoure the selection or the end two times during the voting and befoure as well .
    But after reading your post seems that competition turned more into a popularity contest rather than else so , so probably I won't partecipate to future ones .
    Where the more u are into the system and friends u have the more chances u get or the opposite where the more "enemies" u have the more gets to others .
    after all I have made something like over 100 different types, wich were not alowed to be in as well , so I understand it was just wasted time .
    Competition submissions shoudl be made anonymously by sending them to one single "neutral" peson that won't tell around who did what . that way only it coul deventually be fair .
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; September 25, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Congrats, Max!

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post

@Gerula: Thanks for considering me a god by capitalizing the him pronoun.

@Gerula: I asked beforehand about that particular matter here, but I didn't receive any official answer. The grey version was and it still remains the only official entry, designed specifically to match the new Rome skin forum. The golden variant was a last minute suggestion coming from Rarity. I don't consider these golden badges as being part of a completely different set, but rather a colour variation of the same design meant only to serve as a back up solution of some sort in case the staffers would reject the greyish tint for being too dull. That's why there were only six of them included there, and not the whole set. Certainly, I wasn't the only one to come up with this idea, Ishan had a similar plan regarding a possible change of colour scheme as well.

Your complaint is justified. I'll consult with the staffers about the problem you've just raised.
    ok man, obviously it's one and the same, but what did i vote, the white version or the yellow one...probabily booth
    I also like that we can we see the results of the first round, why are still hidden?

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Congrats to the winner. I really loved this badges

@Gerula: As has already been said, they are not two different badge sets. Only a slight color variation which can easily be decided after the vote is over now. You can see others provided variations such as both Prom and Ishan in the final voting round.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax
    @Astaroth: sure, I'll modify the text colour, if the admins will allow that. Like you said, the only reason the text is orange is because of the current badges.
    Yes, you can do this.

Also @Max, I personally like the marble design best.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    On countrary I am not complaining about Max choice , I have complained befoure the selection or the end two times during the voting and befoure as well .
    But after reading your post seems that competition turned more into a popularity contest rather than else so , so probably I won't partecipate to future ones .
    Where the more u are into the system and friends u have the more chances u get or the opposite where the more "enemies" u have the more gets to others .
    after all I have made something like over 100 different types, wich were not alowed to be in as well , so I understand it was just wasted time .
    Competition submissions shoudl be made anonymously by sending them to one single "neutral" peson that won't tell around who did what . that way only it coul deventually be fair .
    I'm sorry you feel this way. I personally do not think this happened though. Your entry was very popular and made it to the final round, and then it was a close vote. The reality is that all the entries were good and I'm sure folks only voted for the one they liked best. However, in the future if we ever do this again, perhaps making entries anonymous would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    . Where the more u are into the system and friends u have the more chances u get or the opposite where the more "enemies" u have the more gets to others .
    Are you implying that I won because I have more friends here than you do? Just for the record, I entered this competition determined to do my best, knowing that I had literally worked for like 600-700 users entitled to wear these badges. I didn't even bother to vote for myself, instead letting the potential wearers to decide if my work is worthy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Congrats, Max!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GERULA666 View Post
    ok man, obviously it's one and the same, but what did i vote, the white version or the yellow one...probabily booth
    I also like that we can we see the results of the first round, why are still hidden?
    Most probably you voted for the grey set, because that was the complete set of badges. You should have been more vocal right after seeing the official entries, in the first round. Surely you were here during the voting phase. My guess is the results of the first round were left hidden to avoid bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Congrats to the winner. I really loved this badges
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Also @Max, I personally like the marble design best.
    Then I shall exclusively use only the grey set, to avoid further discussion. Some users have already suggested to me to make use of the both sets in order to set a difference between ranks, but that sounds a bit too elitist.

Congratulations to the winner!

to StealthFox -can we now make the results of the original submission poll public please? It is very interesting to see those votes.
    Thanks.
    SS Graphic Improvement Project: New Info Cards:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143965

I'm currently against that. I fear people will be disappointed if their entry only got a few votes. However, if enough people really want to see those results I guess I could make it public.

It is for transparency reasons it must be made public, far outweighing individual pride or ego being hurt or whatever else we put into this marshmallow "disappointed" category.
    I have made a submission and I deserve the simple right to see my votes and votes of my competitors. At least that is owed to me and all other participants. End of discussion.

On a personal note, unfortunately it happened that my both submissions were entered into the poll, so I just want to see if it split my vote power in two, and if only one of my submissions was
    voted for, if I had a chance at winning.

Thank you.
    SS Graphic Improvement Project: New Info Cards:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast