Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Importing units from another mod

Default Re: Creating a World - Importing units from another mod

The entry is almost a carbon copy of the Stainless Steel entry for the same unit, and it runs right as rain. I run the checker and in the syntax errors log says "
    ****** Faction count error at line 25489, count says 1 but number of entries is 0"

So I went to that line but the only thing it says is "14 fs_heavy_horse 0"

What I must correct with those numbers? Pardon the noob question this the very first time I try to mod anything...
    Last edited by Ryousan; February 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ignore the error the checker found, it would appear there is some formatting in the modeldb file that the checker cannot handle.

Unfortunately I don't have access to my tools at the moment to check things easily, so let me try to explain the line count issue: the number in front of a line tells the program how many spaces have to be processed, this number has to be accurate. Example:

72 unit_models/_Units/bulgars/textures/EN_omail_omail_kievan.texture

According to the number in front the text following it occupies 72 spaces. If you start counting (from the first letter) it does however only have 65 spaces - which will result in the crash you have experienced. The number in front needs to be corrected accordingly.

YESSSS!!! Success!! Thank you, Gigantus, i will give you a special mention if my mod ever gets to see the light

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

I've been working on a small personal Stainless Steel mod for the CS which involved adding back in the Headquarters for the Templars and Hospitallers. I upped the costs, and extended the build times.
    The Templar HQ gives the Marshall, and a global trade boost. I imported the Marshall from the Retrofit Mod, and that has worked fine. The Hospitaller HQ is supposed to enable the limited recruitment of an improved Hospitaller Gunner. I can build the building, but having a difficult time getting the unit to work. And I probably should point out that the Marshall was easier because all of the textures, etc, were carried over from the retrofit into SS6.4 even though the unit itself was dropped.

I've edited the edu and battle_models.moddb files for the Gunners, but got the error message that the unit model isn't found. So I traced the textures, and found that the retrofit meshes needed to be transferred to SS6.4. Did that. But I know I'm also supposed to transfer the sprites, and I can't find them. According to the moddb for the retrofit mod, the sprite texture is unit_sprites/Antioch_Hospitaller_Gunners_sprite.spr. but when I go into that directory, I can't find the Hospitaller_gunners sprite. The folder has the three files for Hospitaller_crossbowmen, then the three files for Hospitaller_sergeants. But the files for the Gunners sprite that should be between those two just aren't there.

Any insights would be appreciated. that may not solve my overall problem with the unit models not being found, but I know it is at least one of the problems.

Blog Entries

You need to search for the full name of the sprite: Antioch....

If the sprite doesn't exist then simply generate a set. Take care to match the name of the sprite with the entry in the modeldb file.

[QUOTE=Gigantus;14489787]You need to search for the full name of the sprite: Antioch....[quote]

Thanks. I've tried that, and it doesn't pop up. I did it with other sprites whose files I can see, and it worked. So I think I'm doing the search right, but just can't find the file. It's weird, because the gunners seem to work in the retrofit mod just fine. I'm clearly missing them somehow.

If the sprite doesn't exist then simply generate a set. Take care to match the name of the sprite with the entry in the modeldb file.
    Okay, before I try that, I'd like to make sure that will actually fix my overall problem. Are there any gameplay issues if I just use a different sprite, like the Hospitaller crossbowmen sprite that already exist in the sprite directory? I realize they won't be the right figures, but I'd at least like to see if that solves my "model not found" error. If I can get it running that way, then I'd create the correct sprite and change the entries.

One day, I'll get to edit.....

Blog Entries

You can use any sprite you want. Don't forget to check the line count number if you edit the sprite line in the modeldb file.

Model not found: make sure the spelling is identical between EDU (armour_ug_models line) and modelDB, that includes capitalization. If the modelDB entry is correct then check if the actual model file exists or has a different spelling (capitalization!).
    In some weird cases it helped to move the model entry some way up in the modeldb file.

I think I solved the sprite problem. The data folder for the retrofits mod didn't have the gunners sprite. So I tried unpacking the crusades submod itself, and whaddya know, there they were. Nine pretty little sprite files for the Hospitaller Gunners. Don't know why they weren't in the retrofit data folder along with other units from the expansions, but they weren't. So, I've stuck them in the sprite folder, and will give the moddb ago again.

Hate to keep bothering you, but I know that I had to increase the unit count from 1197 to 1198 because I've added a model. But the gunners have upgrade models as well as the basic. Do those count as additional models so that I have to go beyond 1198, or are all the upgrades for a particular unit nevertheless counted as just one unit in the moddb unit count?

Thanks again for you help and prompt responses, btw.

It...works? Damn, that's a satisfying feeling, and thanks for your help. Get to use my gunners for siege of Malta-type situations now. Few, but mighty.

One last thing that's slightly off topic -- is there anyway to make the Templar and Hospitaller HQ's only buildable once? The guild mechanic limited that in Kingdoms, but with Chapters being immediately buildable in SS, I can't figure out how not to have it be an option in every City with a Chapterhouse. I know I could limit it to certain regions with hidden_resources, but is there any way to have it built in one city at a time, without regard to region?

Blog Entries

Model count - yes, each upgrade (entry) counts as model.

Unique building (one of it in the whole world) - it can be done via scripting, using the NumBuildingsCompleted condition and creating an event counter.

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
       and NumBuildingsCompleted [building level] = 1
       set_event_counter stop_building_[building level] 1
       terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    In the EDB you would then add this to the end of the buildings conditions:

Code:
    and not event_counter stop_building_[building level] 1
    It is fairly simple but will not prevent multiple buildings to be in the queue at the same time. It get's a bit more complicated if you want to allow one building per faction.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 30, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Model count - yes, each upgrade (entry) counts as model.

Unique building (one of it in the whole world) - it can be done via scripting, using the NumBuildingsCompleted condition and creating an event counter.

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart TrueCondition
       and NumBuildingsCompleted [building level] = 1
       set_event_counter stop_building_[building level] 1
       terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    In the EDB you would then add this to the end of the buildings conditions:

Code:
    and not event_counter stop_building_[building level] 1
    It is fairly simple but will not prevent multiple buildings to be in the queue at the same time. It get's a bit more complicated if you want to allow one building per faction.
    Thanks. Unit recruitment and models working great now. Am I correct in assuming that the script for the event counter goes in campaign_script.txt?

Blog Entries

The first code (you need a proper value for [building level]) goes into the campaign_script file.
    The second code (you need the proper value for [building level] from the above code) is the related building condition in the EDB file for that building level.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Hello, this is my first time attempting to move a unit into another mod. I am trying to move a legionary unit from DBM into the Divide and Conquer mod for TATW. So far I moved the text to the EDB and moved the modeldb files. I can't find the unit card pictures. I tried to run the mod anyway it is simply crashed, unsurprisingly. Any help would be appreciated.

How many units are in the D&C EDU? The hardcoded limit is 500 entries in the EDU.

Unit card pictures are found in:

data/ui/unit_info/faction_name
    data/ui/units/faction_name

I did the search from the directions of the first post and it said 477.

You're gonna have to post a log report.

What I would do is:

1. add unit/s to the model.db, then check game loads.
    2. add unit/s to the edu, then check game loads.
    3.add all other bits of units to the various folders (models, textures etc), then check unit loads in battle.
    4. code unit/s into all other parts of mod, EDB, sound files etc.

Alright, I will try that and see if it works.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:26:47.223 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE221:26:47.223 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    21:26:47.379 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:26:47.489 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:26:47.551 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:26:47.567 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:26:47.645 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:26:47.661 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:26:47.692 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt is missing
    21:26:47.692 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    21:26:47.692 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt is missing
    21:26:47.692 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    21:26:47.739 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    21:26:47.739 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    21:26:55.427 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    21:26:55.443 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    21:26:55.474 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    21:26:55.537 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.208 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.216 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.224 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.232 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.240 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    21:27:00.263 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    21:27:00.271 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    21:27:00.279 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    21:27:00.279 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    21:27:00.279 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    21:27:00.279 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    21:27:00.279 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    21:27:02.057 [system.rpt] [error]

Here is my log, I tried to run the mod after adding it to the modeldb. It functioned then, however when I tried running it after adding it to the unit text it crashed.