Thread: Mongols keep spawning

Default Mongols keep spawning

playing a campaign as the turks and i am at the point of fighting the mongols now. the mongols only showed up with 4 full stacks the first time. i left them alone and they went on to take antioch and established a homeland. now as i recall playing the vanilla game, once the mongols had established a homeland i was now able to defeat them and they would not return anymore. defeating them before they established a homeland they would keep re spawning.
    now the mongols have taken antioch, their next turn they go on to siege 4 other close cities and end up taking them for a total of 5 cities. the mongols only having four full stacks to begin with i now take back all the cities easily, thinking i would not have to deal with them anymore. having left antioch as the last city to take back, i had it under siege and the mongols sallied forth. having defeated them, after the battle was over the game seemed to pause as the mongols finished their turn. mongols are on the march again. to my surprise, 8 full stacks teleported one by one all around antioch. i always post scouts on the edges of the map to keep track of new mongol activity when its time and never saw any other stacks but the original four that showed up the first time.
    fast forward a few years, mongols have a taken a few cities, i have beaten them back again and they are left with two cities now. antioch and the one directly to the east (allepo i believe). i go ahead and take antioch leaving them with one city. at end turn, i now notice four more stacks spawn on the side of the map next to one of my scouts.

this being first time dealing with mongols playing LTC, am i missing something? will the mongols keep respawning from now on once i take antioch?

Default Re: Mongols keep spawning

I haven't played this mod, but looking at the campaign_script will give you the answers you seek.

Default Re: Mongols keep spawning

Even in Vanilla I think there are 3 waves of Mongols.