Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoplite phalanx and pikemen mod for Rome II

Default Hoplite phalanx and pikemen mod for Rome II

It annoyed me that pikemen didn't march with their pikes. And after reading about how annoyed people were, of the hoplites not staying in formation. That began to annoy me to.

So I made this small mod to fix the issue.

Jacks Hoplite phalanx and Pikemen mod for Rome2 TW

changes:
    -Changed the animation for pikemen in non-phalanx, so that they will march with pikes instead of swords. They will draw swords if ordered to attack or if attacked by enemy. "Pike phalanx" formation function as normal.
    -Added a new phase for "hoplite phalanx" ability. They will stay in formation when walking and look cooler.

Details:
    This mod works with all mods and patches, that doesn't change the following files:
    "animation/animaton_tables"
    "db/special_ability_phase_stat_effects_tables"
    "db/special_ability_phases_tables"
    "db/special_ability_to_special_ability_phase_junctions_tables"
    "db/unit_special_abilities_tables"

A new special ability/phase added to related db-files. New animation fragments have been added to spear and pikemen animation.

Download:
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...d-new-rar.html

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hoplite phalanx and pikemen mod for Rome II

well at least make a working youtube link next time
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Yeah just berate the guy. Nice way to treat brand new members. Let's kill him!

Quote Originally Posted by jackmod View Post
    changes:
    -Changed the animation for pikemen in non-phalanx, so that they will march with pikes instead of swords. They will draw swords if ordered to attack or if attacked by enemy. "Pike phalanx" formation function as normal.
    Nice work making them hold their "pikes." The game should never have left the doors of CA in such a state. Well done!

Default Re: Hoplite phalanx and pikemen mod for Rome IIt

Waouh, great mod indeed !

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

This is what phalanx should be from the start.

Thanks, this looks really good, will try it out.

Well done jackmod. Looking forward to more such short fixes from you.

nice gonna use this! any feedback about it so far? works well in practice?
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

I haven't heard from people who have used it. I use it myself and it works as I wanted it to. But I would like to know what people think about the way I chose to make the hoplite phalanx. I wasn't sure about that, and I'm willing to change it to satisfy the masses. Also if anyone discovers a bug, don't hesitate to inform me.

I'm working on my Empire project at the moment.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm making a basic 17th century overhaul mod, that other modders can build upon. If you would like to help or if you have some 17th century material that you would like to contribute to this mod. Then contact me.

I don't know if it is possible to further decrease the space between the soldiers. The great deal of the phalanx was that one is protected by the left neighbours shield and it's own. Right now every soldier is only behind it's very own shield. Maybe you could fix this.

Well, if I change the spacing in the unit_spacing file, it will change it for all spear units. There is plenty of mods that do that, and I don't want this mod to be incompatible with those. (I recommend Radious battle mod)http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-19-11-2013%29
    But the vanilla hoplite phalanx changes the spacing. So it should be possible to change it for a specific ability. I was trying to do it when I made the mod. But I must admit that I can't figure out where. It has to do with "assumed_specific_behavior", if that means anything to anyone.
    When I figure it out I will improve the mod.

@Muskelsteffen : yes but "real" hoplite shields were much bigger than the ones in game

@Legatus: "Oh CA, what have(n't) you done!" I did not know that. What an effort would it be to enlarge them?

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Sweet mod! Using it right now. A couple suggestions/some feedback; I noticed how when pike units cheer with this mod, they pull out their swords, do their cheer thing, then pull their pike back out. Needless to say it looks a bit dodgy. Any chance of chaning those animations to just the normal short spear ones? I noticed a similar thing with sneaking. Again, they pull out their swords and crouch down and then get back up and pull their pikes back out. A solution to that issue isn't as obvious I guess, but I was thinking it would be easiest to just take after this mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ing&highlight=) that changes the sneak animations to just normal walking animations.

I guess I made a "CA" by releasing it to early.
    Here is the latest version (updated 29/11). I think I fixed all the disappearing pike bugs. If not, you know what to do.

Download

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

You should use a more reliable file hosting service. That Mega site you use is garbage. It doesn't seem to allow you to keep you links forever like MediaFire does. You just have to make sure you confirm you email with MediaFire, which isn't automatic. You actually have to look for the link to verify you email.

is this compatible with patch 8? i loaded this together with toon's AIO 1.7.1 version and the gamer would not start..the blue circle wouold just be going on and on and on. was working with Toon AIO 1.1 last i checked. please advise

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

That file download site is like Bad213Boy says...so crappy. https://www.sendspace.com/
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!

can we get this file for the mod as a zip on here please, OR pm me how you got the pikemen to march with pikes out so I can mod it myself.

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

this seems to be a great mod,one i definitely need for my macedon campaign.one problem tough,i can't download it from the site you provided.could you please upload it on another site?
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast