Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

I wish they would publish blogs more frequently. It would make for better marketing and keep the hype up.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    No mention of the leaked Alpha images from January?
    http://imgur.com/a/I4ptT

Suggests formations and a fairly high number of troops might be a thing.
    Graphics are hardly looking impressive, but it is alpha, and (being guessed) to be at low settings.

I seriously hope that those are either a Warband mod or just so far into alpha stages that they are using most things from M&B1. They don't look any different from the original game other than the character models, which look more comic book than realistic.

Apparently there will be a booth for both Bannerlord and WARBAND (one for each) in Gamescom in August. So i guess a new DLC for Warband as well. (though what they can think of now really escapes me, specially after the launch failure of Viking Conquest)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Apparently there will be a booth for both Bannerlord and WARBAND (one for each) in Gamescom in August. So i guess a new DLC for Warband as well. (though what they can think of now really escapes me, specially after the launch failure of Viking Conquest)
    Perhaps something that ties in more directly with Native? I wouldn't mind some expanded diplomacy features and perhaps some more mentions or remnants of the Old Empire, as a lead-in to Bannerlord.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    So they show up at Gamescom? Hopefully they really show sth substantial there. If this was a mod, people would be asking "is it dead?" for quite some time now.

Taleworlds stand in gamescom:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

New video, showing off: A board game....!

Edit: Two new videos:

Also, it appears that the music that "May only be used in videos exclusively featuring Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord" from the last video is actually 100% stolen from The Guild 2:
    Last edited by PerXX; August 05, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

Probably licensed music that they paid for.
    Regardless it's looking pretty good minus that awful voice acting.

Holy crap, this is actually looking pretty good.

Hopefully they include more depth to the campaign map instead of just more graphics but I'm actually genuinely hopeful now as opposed to thinking this would be a flop.

Two things Taleworlds needs to invest in- a marketing department and professional voice actors. Like some of what I saw but they really didn't make the most of what they had to show.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Man, I really cant wait anylonger ( those siege looked pretty badass to me .

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

It is looking pretty good, a release date would be even better.

Its going to be soooooooooooo awesome.

Cant wait!

What's even better is that this game will be very moddable, unlike certain game series.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that the voice acting is placeholder at this point; we don't even have a release window yet.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I really like that weapon customisation, last game I saw that had it was Neverwinter Nights.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The weapon crafting and sieges?
    Hnnnnnnggggg consider me excited.

I'm glad to see a couple of games coming out over the next year (or two) which are starting to appease the roleplayer in me haha.

I'm also really excited to see what mods we can get out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    I have a feeling that the voice acting is placeholder at this point;
    Indeed. I just realized that behind Teleon's voice stands none other than Armagan Yavuz, Taleworlds' boss.

Six million units sold later
    , and the people from Taleworlds still are clueless when it comes to putting together a presentation video in the most basic form.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Indeed. I just realized that behind Teleon's voice stands none other than Armagan Yavuz, Taleworlds' boss.

Six million units sold later
    , and the people from Taleworlds still are clueless when it comes to putting together a presentation video in the most basic form.
    To be fair, I don't see how your skill at presenting is proportional to the number of game copies you've sold.

Six million copies sold is a statement that Taleworlds has made a lot of money, and that they now can afford hiring at least one person who can make their promo videos appear more coherent and professional, without that leaked footage vibe like the one surrounding the recently released Gamescom materials.