Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Quote Originally Posted by Rijul.J.Ballal View Post
    I bow before your wisdom and intelligence, See what good we got from CA and it's marketing.
    Nothing wrong with Marketing, with poor marketing good games sell badly. The problem is when marketing is given priority over quality.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Nothing wrong with Marketing, with poor marketing good games sell badly. The problem is when marketing is given priority over quality.
    Mad magazine has some policy that involves avoiding nearly all forms of marketing yet it is quite successful no? Even without marketing things can get sold well. The internet is a glorious thing.

Concerning the people about bad marketing. You do realize it's called a Dev Blog? These are usually for fans anyway and are meant to give some glimpses on the game pre alpha when normal studios wouldn't even tell you they actually develop the game.

They are niche company, helped by niche publisher Paradox. Their entire strategy is _not_ to do marketing the normal way because their entire market is essentially word of mouth.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Concerning the people about bad marketing. You do realize it's called a Dev Blog? These are usually for fans anyway and are meant to give some glimpses on the game pre alpha when normal studios wouldn't even tell you they actually develop the game.

They are niche company, helped by niche publisher Paradox. Their entire strategy is _not_ to do marketing the normal way because their entire market is essentially word of mouth.
    I think a lot of the concern was the poorly timed and pretty worthless teaser from one year ago. It just annoyed rather than intrigued. Not exactly informative for those new to the series either.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I think a lot of the concern was the poorly timed and pretty worthless teaser from one year ago. It just annoyed rather than intrigued. Not exactly informative for those new to the series either.
    It was also so low key I didn't know about it. How not to announce a sequel. Speaking of which, just because a game is niche doesn't mean it doesn't need to be marketed, Crusader Kings II had a superb launch trailer, that used in game footage and a voiceover to show exactly why you'd want to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    It was also so low key I didn't know about it. How not to announce a sequel. Speaking of which, just because a game is niche doesn't mean it doesn't need to be marketed, Crusader Kings II had a superb launch trailer, that used in game footage and a voiceover to show exactly why you'd want to play the game.
    a launch trailer is something entirely different than something which was essentially just a project announcement. One also has to give Paradox kudos for having improved their marketing tremendously. I still wouldn't call those trailers impressive though and I don't even know about the earlier ones, I didn't come to any Paradoxtitle because of their marketing.

Talesoft is still essentially just a start up that grew out of an independant project which is their sole production title. Apparently they still run the equivalent of a garage company looking at those photos of their office.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    I'd rather have their marketing set up as it is rather than a Will CA-type set up. CA must have spent a lot of money on men, vids, game shows, celebs, buying drinks for the industry etc. Dont get me wrong, i think Will is great at his job, and seems like a decent human being, but the guy is/was being paid to spread bull **** everywhere. And man did he do a good job. Will is a great "Hype Man", but he is as the poster boy of CA bad business practice.

It just seems refreshing to see a Dev team without the BS and tinsel. Or am i falling for a Taleworlds marketing ploy? I dont know, i just want to ride a ****ing horse and stab people.
    I get your point and I do think it's cool Taleworlds are simply going "here's what we've got", and not the crap that's been coming from CA since Empire and Napoleon. However it's also disappointing that in over a year since announcement, Bannerlord still looks like Warband with less crap graphics. They really should have started the stream of info about the game with some original things.

I guess one problem with having such great mods for a game can be that, as in this case, the game itself doesn't seem that impressive.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

It was also so low key I didn't know about it. How not to announce a sequel. Speaking of which, just because a game is niche doesn't mean it doesn't need to be marketed, Crusader Kings II had a superb launch trailer, that used in game footage and a voice over to show exactly why you'd want to play the game.
    You sir, forget something very important M&B don't need that, If only thing that they do is to upgrade the Graphics It will be successes, Why ??? ........... because the mode makers are do what they want no matter what it is, the only thing that is hard to change is the Graphics, Play Light & Darkness, Brytenwalda, Clash Of Kings ,Or even the new one L'Aigle, and you will get the point, now on other hand "Crusader Kings" game i love lot, don't have the soul of a game that will last on your PC for long time, Even the Assassin Creed don't have that because what it offer is limited and the fan will end after a While,the only two game that i find good enough to last on my PC it Total War And Mount And Blade, all the other game that i play and love Start from Assassins Creed to Call of Duty, and even Age Of Empire i never find any thing new in it after i play it for a short time i finishing it by move her in the Recycle bin, But not the same with Total War And Mount & Blade, For that they are 100% Successful game .

sorry for bad English but the Temperature is 6- here .........................
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Updated OP and added a link for French translation.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Oh boy

It appears the women working at Taleworlds are not allowed to have their own desk or even a simple chair, at least this is the immediate impression after seeing all those pics they've posted so far.

But can we be sure they are actually women at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    You sir, forget something very important M&B don't need that, If only thing that they do is to upgrade the Graphics It will be successes, Why ??? ........... because the mode makers are do what they want no matter what it is, the only thing that is hard to change is the Graphics, Play Light & Darkness, Brytenwalda, Clash Of Kings ,Or even the new one L'Aigle, and you will get the point, now on other hand "Crusader Kings" game i love lot, don't have the soul of a game that will last on your PC for long time, Even the Assassin Creed don't have that because what it offer is limited and the fan will end after a While,the only two game that i find good enough to last on my PC it Total War And Mount And Blade, all the other game that i play and love Start from Assassins Creed to Call of Duty, and even Age Of Empire i never find any thing new in it after i play it for a short time i finishing it by move her in the Recycle bin, But not the same with Total War And Mount & Blade, For that they are 100% Successful game .

sorry for bad English but the Temperature is 6- here .........................
    Slight improvements to combat and AI would be nice.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

That's great, but M&B would be much, muuuch better with historic background. Those Rhodoks and Vaegirs... Why not just create a M&B European Medieval already and make modders focus on polishing it instead of making a whole new mod which takes years to accomplish?

I disagree. The unique map and identities allow for a greater degree of freedom and balance in the base game as well as quickly bringing together highly contrasting cultures. It's also refreshing to be able to explore a different world. Plus given the absolutely massive range of the modding scene making it based off of European medieval times would only partially assist a fraction of the mods anyways.
    They did have With Fire and Sword made which was historical based.

It seems the game will be released sometime this year. This unofficial confirmation comes from a fellow who was hired to compose a couple of songs for Bannelord.

http://d87098.wix.com/silkwood#!musik/c13dn (bottom of the page, Swedish)

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

It say "probably" so likely he knows nothing more than we do.

Dev Blog #4: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

French translation: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...l=1#post188858

If other peoples are too translating the blogs in their native language, feel free to post a link here, as I will update the OP.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    That's great, but M&B would be much, muuuch better with historic background. Those Rhodoks and Vaegirs... Why not just create a M&B European Medieval already and make modders focus on polishing it instead of making a whole new mod which takes years to accomplish?
    Then you are in fact limited by history. Let mods do that if they must. Personally my favorite M&B mods were the LOTR ones. Its a GREAT engine for fantasy combat. An alpha one was just released for WB so it will be interesting to see how that goes.
    Last edited by Phier; January 14, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.