Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Default New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Hello,
    Taleworlds just released their first Dev Blog about the upcoming Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord.

Last edited by Nelduin; August 22, 2016 at 08:36 AM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Dev Blogs for Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Kweeeeel !!!

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Wow! Look at the new faces

The Difference is like night and day

+ REP

Amazing difference. Just stunning!

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Now thats what you call a mother ****ing Dev Blog. I would have laughed so much if they had put something about getting the optimal set up to achieve a 90% metacritic score.

That's one average looking guy. Great work.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

That's quite a graphical difference, I'm impressed by the work they put in.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The first entry should have been about heavier stuff, like the new gameplay mechanics or the new factions. Instead, they talk about their headquarters and the characters' hair... Which is hardly a surprise, since Taleworlds is quite known for its poor marketing decisions - weird names for their games, even weirder game covers, possibly the worst teaser ever (Bannerlord).

On the other hand, I'm convinced the game will be amazing!

Well they don't exact have a marketing team among them. They're using programmers and artists to make those decision. You know, the opposite of who would be a good idea.

I'd rather have their marketing set up as it is rather than a Will CA-type set up. CA must have spent a lot of money on men, vids, game shows, celebs, buying drinks for the industry etc. Dont get me wrong, i think Will is great at his job, and seems like a decent human being, but the guy is/was being paid to spread bull **** everywhere. And man did he do a good job. Will is a great "Hype Man", but he is as the poster boy of CA bad business practice.

It just seems refreshing to see a Dev team without the BS and tinsel. Or am i falling for a Taleworlds marketing ploy? I dont know, i just want to ride a ****ing horse and stab people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    The first entry should have been about heavier stuff, like the new gameplay mechanics or the new factions. Instead, they talk about their headquarters and the characters' hair... Which is hardly a surprise, since Taleworlds is quite known for its poor marketing decisions - weird names for their games, even weirder game covers, possibly the worst teaser ever (Bannerlord).
    Have to agree their marketing has been shockingly wrong-headed and inept. It doesn't take a dedicated PR team to get some of the basics right.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Well they don't exact have a marketing team among them. They're using programmers and artists to make those decision. You know, the opposite of who would be a good idea.
    They are now a well-established studio, they should employ at least one person who knows what's best for them in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    It just seems refreshing to see a Dev team without the BS and tinsel. Or am i falling for a Taleworlds marketing ploy? I dont know, i just want to ride a ****ing horse and stab people.
    Taleworlds has always come off as a honest and hardworking developer, and that's why I appreciate them. I'm also very happy to see their studio flourish and everything because they clealry deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Have to agree their marketing has been shockingly wrong-headed and inept. It doesn't take a dedicated PR team to get some of the basics right.
    Blog entry #2 - Painted Plants. I rest my case... At least this time they indirectly have given us the names of some of the in-game factions - Battania (Britannia) and Khuzait (probably the new Khergits). It says so in the file names of the last three screenshots.

We all know about the leaked video of Armagan talking to an empty room about the new features. Taleworlds should definitely ditch these nonsensical blog entries and choose to talk about the real stuff instead.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; December 09, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

You forget the moment they said that modding is a primary consideration when making the game. It's a pretty awesome information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    You forget the moment they said that modding is a primary consideration when making the game. It's a pretty awesome information.
    That shouldn't come as a surprise at all considering that Taleworlds isn't CA. The developers are well aware that the modding community has played an important role in the success of their franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Like not making your first preview "yeah, the faces in our last game didn't look human. Good news! They now look like a PS2 release title."

All the second preview tells us is "remember in Warband when you had to run round the paper thin "town" backdrops looking for the Guild Master or Village Elder? Well, now it looks very slightly better."

A very basic tenet of persuading people is to avoid the negatives as much as possible. Nobody told Tale worlds.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Come on Gentlemen, they don't need marketing team, they just need a Good game so the people love and play, they do the same with all the last parts of the series, and it was all a 100% success, on the other hand Total War Rome II have better marketing and bigger community have got a lot of criticism, most of it here, only because there was a big hole between the actually game and the big ""Propaganda"" that they made about it, however i still play both Rome and M&B, so the marketing is not big deal comparing of the Quality of the Game .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Ohh that editor looks nice. Looks kind of like the one for the Men of War series, hopefully this one is friendlier.
    Game itself looks looks nice.

when is mode released?

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

We all know about the leaked video of Armagan talking to an empty room about the new features. Taleworlds should definitely ditch these nonsensical blog entries and choose to talk about the real stuff instead.
    Why is that room empty?!!! I would sell my left nut to be there!!!
    Come on Gentlemen, they don't need marketing team, they just need a Good game so the people love and play,
    I bow before your wisdom and intelligence, See what good we got from CA and it's marketing.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast