Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War ANNOUNCEMENT

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Tsardoms Total War ANNOUNCEMENT

Team Announcement

Dear friends and supporters of Tsardoms, in the past year our mod has changed quite a lot from what it was originally both in terms of concept but also in terms of work progress and team members. We thought it is time to present a little update on our trials and tribulations to the public to show that we are more alive then ever and getting close to the goal that we are all looking forward to: a first release of the mod

First and foremost we would like to thank our founding member and team leader for many years phoenix[illusion]. Phoenix was part of the originally started Tsardoms all those years ago with people such as il_duce, matthaeus, sarmatian, tzar etc. Some of them have left us but some are still contributing to our mod. Recently phoenix has decided to step down as leader of our mod due personal life which is taking much of his time. He will still be helping our mod and continue contributing with his talent and advice and we hope that we will still see some great units to come from him

Our new team leader is now Hrobatos. He has been the driving force of our mod for some time now and was elected as team leader by an unanimous vote. The latest preview that Hrobatos has published of the Knights St John was fantastic and expect to see more from him in the future.

All hail the new King

Mod Future and Plans

Due to the large scope of our mod we have decided to split the release of the mod into several phases. The first phase will be the release a Battle Beta. This beta will have only the battle map and will feature all the factions already previewed (Ottomans, Bulgaria, Serbia, Wallachia, Moldova, Ragusa, Bosnia, Hospitallers and perhaps another one or two factions depending on modding progress). The purpose of this beta is to first let the fans enjoy the units that we currently have but to also serve as beta testing of sorts. Bugs, issues, imbalances in stats can be highlighted by the fans and help the team. In terms of timeframe we don't really have one but we hope it will happen in the new year.

The second phase will be the release of a Reduced Map Beta. This first beta release with the reduced map will feature a brand new map created by our new mapper (more on that below). Having a reduced map will allow us to reduce the scope of our work and reduce the number of initial factions. Basically, a part of the Italian Peninsula and the Northern Alps will not be in the first version. Work will continue on the full mod in parallel to work on the reduced map. Pretty much everything that we will use for the reduced map version will be applied to the full mod. Also, rest assured Italian factions will still exist in the Reduced Map Beta. Factions such as Venice, Genoa or Naples will still be there but the focus will be more on their colonial or overseas possessions.

This is the approximation of the map for the first beta release

Finally, if all goes well we will release the Full Mod with all the planned factions and the full map stretching from Switzerland all the way to Anatolia and Cyprus which will include the whole of the Italian peninsula.

Team Membership Changes

Besides leadership change our mod has also welcomed a host of new, talented and sorely needed members. I will list them below in the order in alphabetical order:

danny X
    Danny has joined Tsardoms as mapper. His previous work includes mods such DragonDawn and War of the West. Danny has agreed to create a brand new map which will be the reduced map for the first beta version of the game. He has been doing some great progress and hopefully we can show a little preview of all his work.

k/t
    One of the areas where our mod has been severely lacking has been coding and unit stats. Enter k/t of Real Combat/Real Recruitment fame. k/t has been working on several RC/RR submods for mods such as Stainless Steel and Broken Crescent. He is now helping to implement the RC/RR system in Tsardoms Total War to ensure realistic battles. His work will be essential for our planned first beta release: the battle only beta. k/t has already prepared the RC/RR stats for factions such Ragusa, Bosnia, Moldova and more to come soon.

King of the Ring
    King of the Ring has joined our mod to help with the creation of unit cards and has completed several factions already such as the Knights St John and the Moldavians. Even though he is working full time for the great Stainless Steel submod Titanium he has found time to lend his support to our mod and we hope to see more of his great unit card work in the future.

Miszel
    Just like a storm Miszel appeared out of nowhere on TWC and turned our mod upside down (in a good way). We had been lacking manpower to increase our unit making for years only managing to finish 1-2 factions in a year. Since Miszel has joined our mod we have managed to finish one full faction which has allowed our existing modders to work on another 2-3 factions. You will soon see the fruits of Miszel's work.

Neadal
    One of our latest additions to the team is Neadal. Although he is hosting his own great mod Die Italienische Krieg (The Italian Wars) he has agreed to collaborate with our mod and help us with coding, an area which we have been severely lacking in recent times. Our two mods will collaborate and share resources in the future so keep an eye on both.

Vipman
    Together with Neadal, Vipman has also been our latest addition to the coding team. He is helping our team with coding the character names for all the factions and also creating the unfinished family trees. This is Vipman's first mod however he has already proven his worth to our team in areas which may be more boring but are just as important.

We also need to mention the involvement of modding great Uanime5 He will be sharing with our mod resources from his mods such as the Italian banking system and also assist us with building tree development. We are still in the process of actually agreeing on a set building tree and setting down in stone all our ideas (which can prove painful as we would love to have very detailed and historical building trees).

As for the rest of the team, we are all here pushing ahead! We hope to show some great work from some of our team members soon so stay tuned!

Work in Progress

Below we have some sneak peaks of various work that we have done throughout this year. All of the pictures are work in progress and may change.

Here is a sneak peak of danny's work in progress mapping work (keep in mind he only started this a few weeks ago and he started from scratch!!). All provinces have already been done. All the material that we already had from our map preview is here including the jewel Constantinopole!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here is a sneak peak of the faction icons made by DobroVece. Notice something different? Each faction will have two faction symbols

Now here is a brand new unit made by Hrobatos (who could they be?)

Here you can see lovely work created by three of our members: unit info cards made by HolyCrusader, unit cards made by King of the Ring and battle interface by DobroVece

Tsardoms Needs You!

If you are interested in modding and would like to join an ever-growing team of talented modders we will welcome you with open arms!

If you are into high medieval and renaissance history, if you have skinning, modelling, coding or scripting skills or even if you have just 2D skils and are interested in joining contact any of our members or post on our forum.

In terms of skinning and modelling we would welcome modders interested in working on Italian and Swiss factions, Landsknechts aswell as Turkish beylik factions. We already have plenty of materials that can be used from already finished factions (some revealed and some not), however the more modders we have the quicker the factions will get made.

The more of us there are in our team the greater the progress will be!

Last edited by SpyrosM91; November 23, 2013 at 09:36 PM.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks for the update! Also, thank you to the new team members for the help they provide for the mod! + rep
    Last edited by Teutonic; November 22, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Thanks for the update Wallachian. It was very informative. Love the sneak peak of the campaign map) I've been following you guys for a couple of years now and I'm really proud of all of the work you've done so far, the simple fact that yall are still pushing on and have refused to let the mod die is amazing. I tried to +Rep you but it says that I already rep you too much so I have to spread the love around first. In any regard, keep up the good work and good luck with everything!
    Last edited by Darios; November 22, 2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Nice update ! I've been stalking your mod for quite some time and really like the way it's shaping . Keep up the good work !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Greatness!!

Senator

Thanks so much for this upate.
    The mod is looking beautiful - it's excellent see it's getting closer to fruition !

Fantastic work here, gentlemen. I'm truly pleased to see that this mod is still moving forward. This is an area that interests me greatly and hasn't been given enough focus in other mods. Honestly, I'd even be fine with the reduced map focusing more on Anatolian and Balkan conflicts.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Guys, new models for Strat map cities are wondefull!
    You are genius guys, I love you!

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

You've indeed come a long way. I can remember our modest starts with a few of us pitching ideas and hoping our stuff is good enough to get a sub-forum of our own on TWC. This looks mighty fantastic and beyond my most optimistic thoughts.

I haven't checked your progress for a very long time, partly because of real life commitments and partly because I feared the mod will die. Indeed, quite a few times it looked like Tsardoms not gonna make it.
    Calling what you've done "a modification" doesn't do it justice really, this is practically a new game.

Great work and best of luck. May your units look great and your code be free of bugs . Grind your teeth a little more and push this baby out. I'm really proud to have been a part of this.

When I saw the announcement , I thought that's it they give up ,huh, what an relief .

Congrats Hrobie on your "promotion" .

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Glad to see everything is coming together nicely. And great to see danny X as part of the team. He is one mean, mean map popping machine!!! The map he did for DragonDawn is incredible

lodewijk's Avatar Civis

the texture look so smoothy, good to see it's not dead

Thanks for all the support guys, matters a lot Let's just say that this is a little sneak peak of what we have done, expect to see more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    Glad to see everything is coming together nicely. And great to see danny X as part of the team. He is one mean, mean map popping machine!!! The map he did for DragonDawn is incredible
    Indeed he is a God-send to our team as we were desperately looking for a mapper. He has created the reduced map from scratch in record time. There is still work to be done but the pace is excellent. Expect to see more from him soon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    When I saw the announcement , I thought that's it they give up ,huh, what an relief .

Congrats Hrobie on your "promotion" .
    Never dude! We will not give up, the team is more active now then it has been in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    You've indeed come a long way. I can remember our modest starts with a few of us pitching ideas and hoping our stuff is good enough to get a sub-forum of our own on TWC. This looks mighty fantastic and beyond my most optimistic thoughts.

I haven't checked your progress for a very long time, partly because of real life commitments and partly because I feared the mod will die. Indeed, quite a few times it looked like Tsardoms not gonna make it.
    Calling what you've done "a modification" doesn't do it justice really, this is practically a new game.

Great work and best of luck. May your units look great and your code be free of bugs . Grind your teeth a little more and push this baby out. I'm really proud to have been a part of this.

Sarmatian really great to see you around. Thanks for all the kind words. Hope to see you on the forum more soon!
    Last edited by Wallachian; November 22, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Seeing from this announcement, Tsardoms is going to be awesome! As they say in Ukraine, Удачі!
    That means good luck.

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Great work Sorry for asking but when will you make a new video preview on youtube?
    Last edited by Dusan Silni; November 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Djordje's Avatar Civis

Nice to see the final stage of Tsardom. Nice work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusan Silni View Post
    Great work Sorry for asking but when will you make a new video preview on youtube?
    Well we realised our video maker Holy Crusader can actually do modding work too. So now he is helping with unit info cards. At the moment we dont have planned video preview because we dont have anyone to make it.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

FWIW, I think that videos and previews made in the beautiful manner in which you guys were doing it so far are unnecessary luxuries. Some screenshots will be fine. The stuff previewed already gives very good idea of what the mod is about and it's quality.

I think that videos and previews made in the beautiful manner in which you guys were doing it so far are unnecessary luxuries
    I agree , honestly I couldn't care any less about the previews as long as the mod is making progress .

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

What will happen in the game with Serbian empire when Emperor Uros the V dies in 1371 will it begin a civil war(like in Byzantium)?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast