View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4 - Persian/Barbary States Overhaul, Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Hi everyone, i have just done what goutlard said;
    1- choose in the User Script one of the morale settings,
    3 - Go to :%appdata% - The Creative Assembly -Empire - Scripts
    4 - Put the choosen user.empire_script in the Scripts folder.

however, when i run the game, a warning appears and says "empire total war has stopped running"or sth
    so what can i do please help

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4 - Persian/Barbary States Overhaul, Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Quote Originally Posted by moustapha1299 View Post
    Hi everyone, i have just done what goutlard said;
    1- choose in the User Script one of the morale settings,
    3 - Go to :%appdata% - The Creative Assembly -Empire - Scripts
    4 - Put the choosen user.empire_script in the Scripts folder.

however, when i run the game, a warning appears and says "empire total war has stopped running"or sth
    so what can i do please help
    That's a typical issue related to either the user.empire_script or the Data folder.
    Happens either when there's a spelling mistake in the user.empire_script, or when Empire.exe cannot find the right files in Empire Total War/Data.

Can you check into your Empire Total War/Data folder if all of the .pack files listed inside the user.empire_script are there ?
    If that doesn't work, I'll have to figure out what is wrong.

==

@Doccabbages that issue is quite odd indeed. Especially since I didn't make any major edit concerning the main campaign, and since it is neither the new persian units, nor the campaign file that bugs out ; there's only one thing left, which is the new tech of the persians.

If that's not it, I have no idea I didn't edit anything else.
    Odd that the new names don't show up, thought. Is the last version of my_loc present in the data folder ? Since that's what contains the names
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 08, 2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Is the last version of my_loc present in the data folder ? Since that's what contains the names
    I had to use the one in version 2.21 as 2.4 had non in it, the ottoman and other eastern factions had the names just not the Persians.

i can't play Empire with Ottoman Mod. ETW closes at the end of the second round. I reinstalled Etw and Mod but I still can not play. Sorry for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCabbages View Post
    I had to use the one in version 2.21 as 2.4 had non in it, the ottoman and other eastern factions had the names just not the Persians.
    Understood ; that's the problem. Not the .loc, but missing or corrupted files in the upload. Either there was a mistake on my behalf - or a problem with the upload.
    I'll check that once my class is finished.

@XMILKAY : The issue found with DrCabbages may be what causes this problem. I'll work on fixing it ASAP !

Last edited by Goutlard; January 10, 2017 at 07:20 AM.

im using ottoman realism 1.3 now. But i removed ottoman realism database. Because i added Ottoman Total Overhaul Database>Ottoman Realism 1.3. And i removed ottoman realism database.

@XMILKAY : Remove all previous Ottoman Realism mod files, this mod has the same units and even more. It probably confuses the game !

I've uploaded a fixed version that should work for both of you, hopefully, in case of installation on a clean ETW.
    It works on both windows and mac for me. You two, and those who come here have it in avant première, and it should be fully uploaded in the Mod DB page by tomorrow, publicly available.

(Link outdated)

Major announcement - Ottoman Realism Mod and Total War Turkiye :

A while ago (since I was taking exams, couldn't work since December)..

After discussing with Nizam, leader of Turkiye Total War Team, and the Ottoman Realizm Mod, he requested my mod to be the official continuation of the Ottoman Realism Mod. Therefore, I hereby declare the Ottoman Total Overhaul mod the continuation of the Ottoman Realism mod. Once again, I shall remind the users that this work could not be possible without the team of Nizam, Amir Timur, Ramses, Darnova, SirDigby Chicken Ceasar, Ahiga, Erasmus777, HusserlTW, Mech_Donald, LtChambers, KnightErrant, somerandomninja, Emre Kocasu, Darth Vader.

Special thanks to the Ottoman Realism Mod.

We have worked together on another upgrade, with the Ottoman Realism Mod team, led by Nizam doing a work of incorporatingnew musics for the Ottoman Faction. However, we couldn't get it to work. Hopefully we will get it to work, if any modder knows how to properly incorporate musics, I say, join us !

Musics like this one :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I will post this in the frontpage too.
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 13, 2017 at 04:16 AM.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4.4 (Continuation of the Ottoman Realism Mod) - Overhaul of the Ottoman Empire, Persia, Barbary States, Battle AI and Campaign as a whole !

--
    Update version 2.4.5 :

I've found the issue that caused the crash in the third turn and could reproduce it on my other computer.
    It seems to be related to a Safavid technology I had added, which I removed.

It should work properly, I am waiting for further feedback.
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 13, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4.4 (Continuation of the Ottoman Realism Mod) - Overhaul of the Ottoman Empire, Persia, Barbary States, Battle AI and Campaign as a whole !

Is this mod compatible with the Orange Crush mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
    Is this mod compatible with the Orange Crush mod?
    Not exactly.
    But I've actually strengthened the Mughal, they are more capable of holding their own.
    You can use orange crush if you put it in Ottoman mod in campaigns, but the new factions and new technologies won't be usable.

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

How about other mods like the town wealth fix mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
    How about other mods like the town wealth fix mod?
    I haven't heard of this mod before, what does it do ?
    You seem to present mods that fix minor things, bugs or issues, if it is this sort of mod I am interested in incorporating them in the mod if they are not in, and are incompatible.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4.5

CAI is terrible. They aren't attacking anywhere even if the settlement is empty. Saw many full stacks below Hungary doing nothing but roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    CAI is terrible. They aren't attacking anywhere even if the settlement is empty. Saw many full stacks below Hungary doing nothing but roaming.
    Well - It is the Darthmod CAI as directly taken.
    At lower difficulties the AI is less agressive than at higher ; which is hardcoded and cannot be edited.
    If you want a more aggressive CAI I suggest you use VH rather than easier difficulties ; in which the CAI seems agressive enough (Austria, Georgia declaring war to the Ottomans in the first turns, Persia, Morroco and Poland joining it not much later).
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 16, 2017 at 08:07 AM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Well - It is the Darthmod CAI as directly taken.
    At lower difficulties the AI is less agressive than at higher ; which is hardcoded and cannot be edited.
    If you want a more aggressive CAI I suggest you use VH rather than easier difficulties ; in which the CAI seems agressive enough (Austria, Georgia declaring war to the Ottomans in the first turns, Persia, Morroco and Poland joining it not much later).
    I was playing VH/H, and that's always been the usual route. Same guys declaring war like always, but not daring to capture anything. I suspected this could happen when i saw DarthAI but wanted to try the mod anyway. I think Bran's DarthAI is great for every mod imo.
    Last edited by gastovski; January 17, 2017 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I was playing VH/H, and that's always been the usual route. Same guys declaring war like always, but not daring to capture anything. I suspected this could happen when i saw DarthAI but wanted to try the mod anyway. I think Bran's DarthAI is great for every mod imo.
    I have taken your suggestion into account, I have edited AI behaviour in 2.5.1 to be more risk-taking and agressive.
    As well as many balances and bugfixing, many changes for buildings, making their effects more logical, and some new interesting ones ; making not building industry everywhere more viable ; however I think it's hard to get the Ottoman reforms right.. Too easy, too hard.

List of changes :
    - More aggressive AI
    - Village buildings are changed. Take a look at buildings possible at villages, they'll be more interesting now.
    - Prestige buildings rebalanced ; to avoid disparity between nations.
    - Tried to find a better balance for the Ottoman revolts, to make them bearable, yet difficult.
    - Many bugfixes and balance changes.
    - Fixed trade menu related crash (needs a new game).
    - Fixed the vanilla town wealth bug.

Major overhaul of battles :

- All textures of the European Factions changed thanks to Bavarian Grenadier's textures.
    - Battlefield sounds and ambience changed considerably.
    - People shouting, much louder gunfire, more impressive effects.

- Better filters for Campaign and Battlefield.
    - Changed the equipement of the Yaya Janissary.

Ottoman Music :

Thanks to a compilation by Nizam, head of Ottoman Realism Team of a pack of royalty-free songs ; the Ottoman Empire will now have better musics !

Known issues :
    -Autobalance concerning artillery is messed up due to the Darthmod autoresolve settings and bad calculations ; I am trying to fix it.
    - There are vanilla Empire Total War bugs related to the Ottomans, such as their musicians not making sound or random campaign crashes that I cannot fix since they are hardcoded. Editing them would be illegal and impossible with my current tools. So I suggest keeping many savegames !

Türkçe :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Değişenler :

- Daha saldirgan yapay zeka.
    - Köy binalari geri dengelendi.
    - Prestij binalari (Nuruosmaniye örneğin geri dengelendi) devletlerin binaları daha dengeli.
    - Osmanli isyanları için yeni bir denge arandı, zor, ama kontrol edilebilir hâle getirildi.
    - Çok sayılı sorun çözüldü, ve birimler geri dengelendi.
    - Ticaret menüsü sorunu çözüldü, yeni oyun başlatmalı (ticaret menüsünü açmazsanız eski oyunu sürdurebilirsiniz).
    - Baz oyunda var olan köy zenginliği sorunu çözüldü.

Savaş alanı ortami geliştirildi :

- Tüfekler ve toplar daha gerçekçi ve daha güçlü ses'e sahib.
    - Askerler kendi aralarında konuşuyor, vurulunca bağıryıyor.
    - Tüfek ve top ateş efektleri güzelleştirildi.
    - Avrupalı birimlerin modelleri Bavarian Grenadier'ün moduyla güzelleştirildi.
    - Osmanli Yaya Yeniçeri ekipmanı değiştirildi.

Yeni Müzkiler :

Nizam (Halife) sayesinde Osmanlı'ya özel müzikler katılmıştır ! Onlar avrupalı devleti oynarken duyulmamalı. Orta doğuda muhabere sırasında, veya Osmanlı'yı oynarken duyulur.

Bilinen sorunlar :

- Bilgisayar otomatik hesaplamada topçulari aşırı güçlü zanediyor. Darthmod AI’yi yüklediğimden beri bu sorun var . Biri çözümünü bilirse haber versin.
    - Mod’dan bağımsız baz oyunda var olan Osmanlı’ya ilişkin sorun var. Örneğin Osmanli davulcuları ses yapmıyor, Mehteranların ilk savaş alanı müzisyenleri olmasına rağmen, ve Grand Campaign mod’da bug olmayınca bile arada bir oyun sırasında atabiliyor (O yüzlen kayıt etmeyi ihmal etmeyin).

Sorunların çözümü bulundukça düzeltilceklerdir, ama bazılari oyuna hardcoded, demek oluyor ki Creative Assembly’nin oyun yapma programlarına sayip değilsem düzeltemem, ve hardcode’u değistirmek yasa dışı olur.

Update - I have made a poll to have your opinions concerning the unit costs in the next version of this mod.
    Indeed, due to higher growth factions generally earn more money than before ; and whilst buildings have been balanced to be more expensive ; to slow down overly rapid development, I did not touch the unit costs. I would like to have your opinions on those ; about whether I should touch them or not.
    I have always considered feedback a fundamental part of mod-making and would like your opinion.

If you have any other issue, or thought don't hesitate to write it here !

Good day to you !
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 30, 2017 at 06:18 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678