View Poll Results: Should I change the cost of military units ? Since the factions earn more money in general ; they tend to recruit much larger armies than vanilla ETW.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, higher upkeep and recruitement prices.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, lower upkeep and recruitement prices.

0 0%
  • Yes, higher upkeep.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, higher recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower recruitement price.

0 0%
  • Yes, lower upkeep.

0 0%
  • No need for change.

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OLD - Main Thread

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    @DrCabbages :
    I suppose I could fix it tweaking the projectiles_trails_tables, you can fix it yourself temporarily with the DB editor/PFM going to that table and setting everything to 0 (except the first column) ! Easy work around, that'll be present in the next version.
    How would I do/find this Editor and where can I find the projectiles_trails_tables? Thanks

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Quote Originally Posted by DrCabbages View Post
    How would I do/find this Editor and where can I find the projectiles_trails_tables? Thanks
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9-DBEditor-1-8

This one is the easiest to use !
    Simply link it to the right pathfile, and select the ottoman_realizm_twt_mod.
    The rest is quite easy !

--

About the next version :
    New units to come :

Ottoman Empire :

Canbasan Azap : The Azabs supposed to lead the deadliest of charges historically
    Efe and Zeybeks : Anatolian village guards, editing Azzars
    Mahmudiye Heavy First Rate : The Heavy First Rate of the Ottoman Empire

Safavid Dynasty :

Savar Heavy Cavalry : Armored Heavy Cavalry, the finest horsemen of the Safavids.
    Savar Horse Archer : Armored Horse Archers.
    Tufanghis : Musketeer line infanrty, removed the nonsensical peasants
    Sarbaz Infantry : Equiped with scimitiars and pistols, supposed to lead the charge, dressed similarly to the Basibozuk.
    Ghulam Musketeers : Elite musketeers of the Safavid Dynasty
    Ghulam Swordsmen : Elite swordsmen of the Safavid Dynasty
    Qurchi : Archer bodyguards of the Shah

Russia :

Gorodskiye Stetlsy : Now equiped with muskets, since they were historically musketeers. Balanced and edited accordingly !

The Gulham system is similar
    Landless Rabble & Armed Peasantry replace the historically innacurate Bhumiya Units

Removed : Innacurate Mughal units from the persian roster.

I will do an overhaul of Persia over the next versions, and the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod will be an overhaul of the Ottomans and the Safavids.
    There are currently 15+ (soon 17+) Ottoman Unit changes, 4 (soon 11+) new units for the Persians, 4 new units for the Mughal.

Maybe include some technologies to represent the timeperiod's policies, for the Persians like I do with the Ottomans.
    I just wish I had more models to work with !
    Last edited by Goutlard; September 06, 2016 at 09:54 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

I have tried using multiple software's that allow windows .exe files to be used on my mac but the DBE will not work as macs don't have an empire.exe file, I'll just wait for your workaround version if that's ok, thanks anyways.

I have tried using multiple software's that allow windows .exe files to be used on my mac but the DBE will not work as macs don't have an empire.exe file, I'll just wait for your workaround version if that's ok, thanks anyways.
    I'll upload the version early then, thought the persians will have placeholder models for the time being rather than specially crafted ones then !
    There are no bugs, so gameplay won't be compromized.

Default Re: Ottoman/Persian Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Goutlard you're awesome but can you please make a version with normal campaign movement range (Preferably "Recommeded-Gameplay" version) ? If you don't then can you please tell me how I make it like default? All other aspects of the mod is awesome but that really bugs me. Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Ottoman/Persian Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.2 - Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Which tables I should edit?

Quote Originally Posted by No Land's Man View Post
    Goutlard you're awesome but can you please make a version with normal campaign movement range (Preferably "Recommeded-Gameplay" version) ? If you don't then can you please tell me how I make it like default? All other aspects of the mod is awesome but that really bugs me. Thanks for your help.
    I've actually increased the movement range in the next version of all units, closer to vanilla, about 3/4th or so.

Thanks! When will you upload the next version? I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by No Land's Man View Post
    Thanks! When will you upload the next version? I can't wait
    I'm doing so right now !

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ottoman-to...mod-version-24

--

Edit :
    Actually I've released an experimental version rather than the last one, mistakenly.
    There'll be some features that shouldn't be included ; that I was simply testing to see what effects they'd have.

I'll correct this this evening.

Experimental features in this version :
    Increased (greatly) tax rate, and doubled unit upkeep.

Those features won't be included in 2.4, except if you request them to be.
    Last edited by Goutlard; September 22, 2016 at 04:36 AM.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod : (based on Ottoman Realism – Darthmod AI and G-Overhaul Gameplay)

Thanks for your good mod for the great game.Thank you also to still updating mod.There is a question :

What about Sultan's traits on Ottomans? Did you changed any features on Mustafa II ? Or must we change features/traits manually?

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod : (based on Ottoman Realism – Darthmod AI and G-Overhaul Gameplay)

Quote Originally Posted by eddai View Post
    Thanks for your good mod for the great game.Thank you also to still updating mod.There is a question :

What about Sultan's traits on Ottomans? Did you changed any features on Mustafa II ? Or must we change features/traits manually?
    I didn't change any traits of the Sultan

--

The right version of the mod is currently up and running

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4 - Persian/Barbary States Overhaul, Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Hey, Goutlard, my game keeps crashing in between campaign map and like battles, not sure if it because you said it was experimental or not but I thought you ought to know.

P.S I am on mac

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod Version 2.4 - Persian/Barbary States Overhaul, Skirmish Firing Drill, Better Garrison, Religion, Technology, Morale, and Economics !

Regarding my reply I find that with all factions it crashes on the end of the second turn. Hope that helps.

Regarding my reply I find that with all factions it crashes on the end of the second turn. Hope that helps.
    I was informed of this bug a few days ago and couldn't succesfully reproduce it. Then, I tried after installing ETW on my Mac, and it did indeed crash in the described way.
    I think the campaign file might be corrupted in some way - I suggest you go into campaigns, and put the "main campaign" files in the Ottoman Mod campaign.

The base Ottoman technologies won't be pre-owned, you'll need to research them first.
    But that workaround functionned for me.

I think the campaign file might be corrupted in some way - I suggest you go into campaigns, and put the "main campaign" files in the Ottoman Mod campaign.
    I don't think I understand this part exactly, could you elaborate on this please.

I don't think I understand this part exactly, could you elaborate on this please.

https://ufile.io/45c58

Can you try replacing (after backing up) the content of :

(...)\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\Ottoman_mod
    With the content of the file I sent you ?

If that works, that means that the startpos.esf as given to me by Ottoman Realizm Mod was corrupted in some way , meaning I'll need to find another esf modder to fix that issue, since I'm not good at it myself.

If that works, that means that the startpos.esf as given to me by Ottoman Realizm Mod was corrupted in some way , meaning I'll need to find another esf modder to fix that issue, since I'm not good at it myself.
    It still does not work, custom battle is fine just the campaign that has the problem.

It still does not work, custom battle is fine just the campaign that has the problem.
    Thank you for trying. At least I know that the most important issue is not that, then.
    Could you try launching custom battles with the new persian units ? There may be a problem of compatibility with mac.
    If it were a simple database error since that's what I work on, there'd be a CTD at launch, I haven't yet faced an unplayable campaign issue.

Or maybe a technology ?
    I'll keep on searching.

thank you

Could you try launching custom battles with the new persian units ?
    All of the current units work but some do not have actual names apart from one that say unit type e.g heavy cavalry, so I am not sure regarding that question as I do not know what the units are but all the ones there work both late and early modes.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast