Thread: Sekigahara Japan Expanded

Default Sekigahara Japan Expanded

I have been playing Sekigahara for a while, get my ass handed to me as Li and Date 2 times each and finally getting somewhere with Kobayakawa, and I love it way more than the base game.

I do miss one thing from the base, and that's uanime5's expanded Japan mod. Is there a way to transplant it onto Sekigahara with Sekigahara's factions and maybe the newer region factions from his mod as placeholder?

Default Re: Sekigahara Japan Expanded

It would be possible, but it would take a lot of time and effort. And it may require a coyote

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I want that one badly as well. Imagine more accurate positions, more friggin clans specially the ones that sport the swastika for lolz and historical purposes (yeah, a clan in Awaji sports that )

And more emphasis placed on vassals instead of conquering em all. But we have to be patient, if someone is willing to tackle this other than prodding Akaie with lands and titles, by all means

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Once I get my desktop back, and I figure out exactly what needs to be done, and if I can't help with the Imjin mod anymore due to a lack of my inexperience with the Imjin war, then I'll be glad to start on it.

unamie mod might not work, we are having a hard time getting it to work with Darth Mod, the problem is AI is waaay to passive and does nothing but build spam stacks in own territory

Compatibility is not the aim, maybe our own less intensive version to put sorely needed clans and rework borders of major clans to reflect them historically.

We where forced to do gamey solutions like Tokugawa occupying Hojo lands so that the Tokugawa like in the late Jidai was growing rich.

And divide vanilla Hatakeyama. Srsly. Dividing it would provide at least 2 more new clans.

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Hmmm...Let See...

If we want to adapt uanime's Extended Japan Map, It have to be an Replacement Pack for some of the Main Packs, not an "Additional" Mod Packs...

For Comparison:

...Its not the most ideal arrangement for Late-Toyotomi Fief distribution...be we can do:

1. For starters, The Small Islands and Ezo will be rather insignificant and don't have many uses...Deactivate them...(One reason why the Islands who got deactivated, rather than those inland is well, they are rather insignificant, and Inland fiefs can be given to vassals)

---Kyushu---
    2. Higo: We can make The Konishi Clan at last! (Ty)
    3. Hizen: North to Terazawa(Ty) South to Nabeshima(Tk?)
    4. Tsukushi: Chikugo to Tachibana(Ty), Chikuzen kept by Kobayakawa
    5. Hyuga: I have no idea.

---Shikoku---
    6. Iyo: Seems there is an Ikeda-owned Han in there(Tk). Also Todo(Ty)

---Chugoku---
    7. Broken Aki and Nagato pieces: Mori and their vassals.

---Tohoku---(Yeah what a jump I know, but wait, Central Japan are quite messy...)
    8. Iwate: Room for Nanbu(Tk), Tsugaru(Tk), Onoji(Ty), and one more fief for Date.
    9. Ugo: Room for Akita(Tk)
    10. Miyagi: More fief for Maeda and Date To give for vassal?
    11. Uzen: More fief for Mogami and Uesugi
    12. Fukushima: More fief for Uesugi

---Kanto---
    13. Hitachi: Satake?(Ty)
    14. Shimotsuke: No Idea.
    15. Musashi, Shimosa, Kazusa, Sagami: Tokugawa and all of their Vassals.
    16: Kozuke: No Idea.

---Hokurikudo---
    17. Etchu: More Maeda.
    18. Echigo: Add Hori(Tk) and More Fiefs for others.

---Western Tosando---
    19. North Shinano: Wow, Sanada got even more surrounded by Tokugawa supporters...
    20. South Shinano: No Idea.
    21: Mino: Nishio?(Tk), Inaba?(?)
    22. Omi: Another Kyogoku?(Tk) Kuchiki?(Ty),Natsuka(Ty)

---Sanyodo---
    23. Tamba: More Maeda?

---Western Tokaido---
    24.Owari: (3)
    25. Ise: (4)

---Kinai---
    26. Settsu: Move Osaka southwards. More Fiefs for Toyotomi

The Rest: I have no Clue. Many Province, especially in Central Japan, are broken into small fiefs with differing allegiance, and some are changing sides like revolving doors, that I cannot track.

So...More Suggestion from the more enlightened?

I no where near an expert on where which clan held which land, but would paradox's sengoku be a good base for info. It has the borders for the provinces to look at, and all the clans, leaders and such would be available to look at in one go.

For a game called Sengoku, its set in the Onin War. :|

I'll try to dig up some Osprey books for this one and try to find in the samurai archives forum.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I actually did have a few pictures of screenshots of the original map and drew over land divisions at different angles signifying the alternate presence of domains. I can't seem to find them though...

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Indefinitely Banned

Right, Further than this, .esf editing is needed...something I have absolutely no experience at...
    So, There would be several phases :

Phase 1 : Simply assigning Seki factions into the empty regions of integrated Expanded Map.

Phase 2 : Deactivating Ezo and Small Islands(such as Oki, Goto, and Tanegashima) that are rather Insignificant in Sekigahara (Expanded Japanese Map Mod contains uanime-made Korean Provinces, but not active in the campaign - Have to ask him how)

Phase 3 : Making placeholder New Factions (Need Research) and assigning them regions.

Subsequent Phases: Assigning Arts(Mon, Sashimono) , Attributes, Characters, Diplomatic Relations, and Rebalances.

EDIT:
    One Thing I Don't Like about the Official Tools is, that it do not edit existing packs, but rather creating new packs instead.
    Making startpos using Official Tools looks straightforward...However, One have to rework most of the campaign part of Sekigahara Campaign, especially the startpos, and also db tables related to factions. Unit and Building-related tables also need to be made since Seki uses unique Units and Buildings.

After some observation of the workings of the mod, I'm really grateful of Akaie-sama for making Sekigahara Campaign...

...Unless... How if I could convert them, either db or esf, or both, into .xml, and replace the raw_data of Official Tool with them... or maybe, even merge them in .xml form...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; December 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Outside of Anthony Bryant's Osprey Book, I also happened to dredge a map floating in the internet:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One thing I noticed is, most of the maps are Pre-Sekigahara at 1600, rather than 1591...quite a problem

Weirdoascensor, how did you get the screenshot in your second-to-last post to work? I would like to play under those settings, personally.

This sounds like an incredible idea! The only thing I would suggest would be a campaign starting after the death of Lord Hideyoshi, but is this campaign still being worked on?

Artifex

Here is a map from 1582 if that is of any help to you: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...yama-japan.png
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Is there any progress on this mod so far?

Yeah, sorry about that guys, life gets in the way.

After the mode completion of .90+, I just started working and i guess other team members as well, although I think its awesome some branched out and helped/created other mods as well.

Happy holidays to all of you! Rommel, is there any way I can be of service?

I think this would be an entirely worthy accomplishment in its own right.

In theory, for the sake of simplicity though, if one were to simply transplant the Seki mod onto Expanded, the changes that would have to be made...

Factions/Territories:
    -scripting.lua - transplant and adjust Seki file for CampaignUI.SetCamera... (startpos for playable clans)
    -startpos.esf -
    ---FACTION_INFOS - Import Seki clans to Expanded list, write over Expanded clans (selection process?) adjust values as needed.
    ---REGION_OWNERSHIPS - allocate regions for Seki clans.

Infrastructure:
    -Roads, buildings, ports, rice, special buildings, etc...
    -Do the location/existence files (db) just reference the building tables? I think they do, don't they? so, as long as the Seki db is there, it'll just reference that, right?

Other stuffs: import/merge Seki tables into existing Expanded tables
    -faction_tables
    -faction_banners
    -faction_uniform_colours
    -uniforms_tables...
    -rigidmodels...

This is so disheartening... but I'd be willing to give it a try.
    Is there anything that I'm blatantly missing?

If this ever got done it would transform this from the most glorious Shogun 2 mod to... the uhm. Most glorious Shogun 2 mod times infinity. Yes.