Thread: Which setting should the next Total War game be

arten800's Avatar Civis

Default Which setting should the next Total War game be

As you all know since Rome 2 Total War was created people have been predicting M3TW but im not sure it would be that.
    I would prefer an uncharted era or maybe 15th-16th century europe or heck even ancient China.
    Im not sure if there are any more era's too conquer though WW1 is possible due to the way infantry's fight but tanks and planes make it unlikely.
    Tell me more possible settings and share your opinions
    ARE YOU READY,LETS GO,PUT YA GUNS ON!-Date Masamune[Sengoku Basara]

Default Re: Which setting should the next Total War game be

Something new.

Somethings like
    - 2000 years war Europe
    - A game that includes Rome II, Medieval II, Empire with all existing features included, and possibly with some of the following features added:
    . Hot Seat (similar to Civilization IV or V)
    . When in a battle mode, the player is able to control both the defender and the attacker. To switch between the two, (s)he would press a hotkey, no need for smarter A.I.
    . More in depth Tech Tree (similar to Civilization IV or V)
    . More number of Turns (marathon = 1400 turns, standard = 240 turns, etc...)
    . More maps (more different types and shapes of settlements, cities, castles, etc...) or let the player builds his or her empire / settlements like in Empire Earth II or Rise of Nations

veljus's Avatar Miles

I would like to see the next game include all the time settings. It would be epic to play from like 500 BC till the end of 19th century. Civilization Total War. Combine Civilizations building and resource management with Total wars Units and Battle system. Of course something that great will never be seen

M3TW

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

If CA does M3TW, that would be doing 3 sequels in a row. Shogun, Rome, and Medieval...