Thread: Just One Question

Default Just One Question

Hi Rotk team,

I must compliment you guys for the excellent work put into this mod (Sheer greatness!!!). Anyways, I only have one question; how accurate are the unit depictions in this mod when compared to sources such as Osprey?

Thank you.

Default Re: Just One Question

Our unit descriptions are as accurate to the current historical facts on the units. Since this period was around 1800-2000 years ago, there is much from this period that can be questionable and open to debate. There is no 'real' 'historically-accurate' sources that give the complete and correct picture.

Lots of research has gone into making these descriptions (including consulting web and source books) by our esteemed Historian Seether (and he can clarify this with you as well), and he has spent sometime making everything in our mod as historically accurate as possible.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

As TBTWB said, Osprey is not the definitive source on ancient Chinese armaments. Although their work is based on reliefs, sculptures, painting, and items from excavations, their books paint an incomplete picture of the variety of arms and armor used during the Three Kingdoms era. Although we are using Osprey as inspiration, we are making sure to use various sources to authenticate each piece of armor or weapon that we add. That being said, all of the original units of this mod came from our port of the RTW mod. In that mod, I would say 90% of the units were not historical. Many used Qin-era weapons and armor, while a few used items (such as the guandao) that were not in use for several centuries. The vast majority of our work now is creating historically accurate units, with correct arms and armor, which will be added via patches. And speaking of patches, expect a major one to come around Christmas time.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Holy crap, a new patch! i love you guys. Anyway i don't mean to pry or anything but could you drop a hint or two on what we can expect from this upcoming patch?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Implementation of new base roster, a couple retextured units, expanded scripts involving supporting/usurping the Han, plus some other fun stuff.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

New scripts involving supporting or usurping the Han you say? well i can't wait to backstab the Emperor and usurp the throne.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Start drooling...

This is sad and funny at the same time. The poor Han Emperor was just a political puppet to be used and abused.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

very, very interesting